LOST: Season 5

Comments

• AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969

If Hurley wakes up next to Bob Newhart at the end, I'm gonna be REAL pissed off.

Best post EVER.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,715
    Solat13 wrote:

If Hurley wakes up next to Bob Newhart at the end, I'm gonna be REAL pissed off.

I think Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and Locke are all going to end up in a Diner with Journey playing in the background and suspiscous characters walking in and out around them before fading to black.

I think Sayid will be in a Members Only jacket and ordering from the counter at the end and curiously glancing over at Jack a few times before it's all over. ;)
    And then we'll see an autistic kid shaking a snow globe with an island inside it.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    [quote="Poncier
    As long as Larry Hagman doesn't stroll out of a shower we should be good.[/quote]
    Don't you mean Patrick Duffy (Bobby Ewing)?? :?: :?: ;)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I know I probably sound like an old fart, but im glad it's on earlier :P I like that they are playing life after mars after.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    Note to self: DON'T look up future episode titles on imdb.com. I just did and saw characters listed that turned out to be major spoilers. :shock: :(

libragirl wrote:
    I know I probably sound like an old fart, but im glad it's on earlier :P I like that they are playing life after mars after.

Dude, I couldn't agree more! I *HATED* when it was on at 10pm. I mean I obviously have to watch it live...I couldn't possibly wait until Thursday to watch it.

• libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    libragirl wrote:

Dude, I couldn't agree more! I *HATED* when it was on at 10pm. I mean I obviously have to watch it live...I couldn't possibly wait until Thursday to watch it.

yeah, i taped it a couple of times last season...it felt weird though...yeah at 9:00 maybe i will catch more of the subleties everyone sees :P
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    libragirl wrote:
    libragirl wrote:

yeah, i taped it a couple of times last season...it felt weird though...yeah at 9:00 maybe i will catch more of the subleties everyone sees :P

Stupid American Idol messes everything up. No one will put a show on to compete against it.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 442
    Jacob is Patrick Duffy.
    frogwater wrote:
    Jacob is Patrick Duffy.
    :o:o :shock: :x :lol:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    The Dharma supply drops!

Has anyone else been thinking about this?? I mean, if The Others killed all the Dharma people why would Dharma continue to send supplies. Surely they must realize that their own people were gone. Well, I read a theory that perhaps the supply drops happened during a time shift? Meaning, what if the supply drops occured in the 70s when Dharma was active, before Ben gassed them all.

Thoughts? Feelings? Theories? Concerns?

Bueller? ... Bueller? ...

• rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    [/quote]
    And then we'll see an autistic kid shaking a snow globe with an island inside it.[/quote]

You beat me to it!

Side note: another thing about this board that I'm not a fan of is when you quote someone it quotes everything before it. I'm pretty sure the old board only quoted what the last person said.

Back to Lost: this may have been mentioned but in TV Guide last week, they interviewed the producers and they have a list of 10 shows from previous seasons that they recommend watching before this season. Obviously we are too late for that, but I'll post them tomorrow if people are interested. I have watched three so far from season 1: "White Rabbit" (first one with Jack's dad), "Deus ex Machina" (I think this is the one Boone dies), and "Walkabout" (we learn Locke was in a wheelchair).
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    tybird wrote:
    Don't you mean Patrick Duffy?
    Probably, never watched Dallas.
    Poncier wrote:
    tybird wrote:

What about Step By Step?

edited January 2009
    What about Step By Step?
    Yes, but before that he was Bobby Ewing on Dallas and before that he was "The Man from Atlantis." Later he became the leg of Scuzzlebutt on South Park.
    Post edited by tybird on
    tybird wrote:
    Later he became the leg of Scuzzlebutt on South Park.

hahahahahaha. OMG! I totally forgot about that. :lol:

Poncier wrote:
    tybird wrote:

What about Step By Step?
    Classic televison.
  • jervin007 wrote:
    Maybe babies can't be born on the island because after Charlotte was born the island decided it didn't want to be populated with annoying characters. :D
    I like this theory! :lol:
  • Stupid American Idol messes everything up. No one will put a show on to compete against it.
    That's why I hated last year when they moved Lost to Thursday night. It messed up my whole schedule. As if the people who watch Lost would be watching American Idol. :roll:
  • Note to self: DON'T look up future episode titles on imdb.com. I just did and saw characters listed that turned out to be major spoilers. :shock: :(
    There are so many good (and ho hum) sites and blogs dedicated to Lost. Some have spoilers, some don't. One of my faves because it always makes me laugh is The Ack Attack! Her summaries are great. I just read the one for last week and who would have guessed, she was thinking about Mulder and Scully too:

http://www.theackattack.net/
    CG275693 wrote:
    Note to self: DON'T look up future episode titles on imdb.com. I just did and saw characters listed that turned out to be major spoilers. :shock: :(
    There are so many good (and ho hum) sites and blogs dedicated to Lost. Some have spoilers, some don't. One of my faves because it always makes me laugh is The Ack Attack! Her summaries are great. I just read the one for last week and who would have guessed, she was thinking about Mulder and Scully too:

http://www.theackattack.net/

I'm a regular over on www.thefuselage.com. I think it's the 'official' Lost site as alot of VIPs post there (Jorge Garcia, Terry O'quinn etc... there are also several TPTB). There is SOOOOOOOOO much info and I love it because they have a spoiler format where the spoilers are blacked out and you have to click "SHOW" to read them.

• a few things i'm trying to figure out is how miles, daniel and charlotte all play out in this. we know daniel has been to the island already. but is he related to that old lady, ms. hawking? there's also some sort of connection to desmond with the two of them. charlotte has already said she wanted to get back to the island, so is it possible that she could be ms. hawking? is she, charlotte/hawking, daniel's mother? i think so. since charlotte is having the nosebleeds, does it resemble when the rabbits that crossed paths in time travel, and if she is hawking, is she getting all fucked up because the two exist at the same time? and miles has to be dr. candle's son. at least thats what im thinking.
  • charlotte has already said she wanted to get back to the island, so is it possible that she could be ms. hawking? is she, charlotte/hawking, daniel's mother? i think so.
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

But Daniel has a thing for her! Wouldn't that be . . . you know . . . kind of out there? Even for Lost?

:? :o

Although maybe it would be a good reason to get rid of Charlotte . . . . :idea:
    Widmore? Are your serious? This show kills me.
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    Widmore? Are your serious? This show kills me.
    yeah... weird... not enough time for all the answers!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
    wait was the woman in the bed that Desmond visited Charlotte??

I think it was the lady with the gun that took him to the bomb
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    Crazy episode. I guess we know why Richard was at Locke's birth now and the whole reason behind the test he gave Locke when he was a little kid.

On a side note, it was nice seeing the Filipino flag and seeing that Charlie was born in my mom's homeland. ;)
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13

I think it was the lady with the gun that took him to the bomb
    i think i need to watch it again.... this show confuses me more then men! :roll: