LOST: Season 5

Comments

• AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    chromiam wrote:
    Although Walt could always make an appearance as Super Walt some point towards the end (I doubt it)

HAHAHA. With a cape and everything? That's awesomeness!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    edited January 2009
    chromiam wrote:
    Although Walt could always make an appearance as Super Walt some point towards the end (I doubt it)

Yep.. I'm sure Poncier will have a pic up shortly..

I found one :D

dwight-howard.jpg
    Post edited by chromiam on
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    chromiam wrote:
    chromiam wrote:

Oh there's no doubt about that!

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,715
    chromiam wrote:
    chromiam wrote:

I found one :D

dwight-howard.jpg
    Good choice, I think the actor playing Walt is about that size by now.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    hahahahaha. I am dying of laughter. :D You guys are funny.

• OK, in case for some unbelievable reason you didn't see the Season 5 premiere on Wednesday night it's being repeated tonight! Or a good chance to watch it for the 3rd, 4th, or 5th time for others.

Wish I'd posted this the other day. Here's a great video about somebody who decided to JUST NOW start watching Lost and watches the first 4 seasons in one sitting. Apologies if somebody else posted this and I missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuFk1KKdNFw
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    Solat13 wrote:
    Anyone notice that right after Hurley's encounter with Ana Lucia, that the music in the convenience store was Dream Police by Cheap Trick.

What site(s) do you go to for all these random facts? LOL

I actually noticed that too, probably because that song kicks ass!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    CG275693 wrote:
    OK, in case for some unbelievable reason you didn't see the Season 5 premiere on Wednesday night it's being repeated tonight! Or a good chance to watch it for the 3rd, 4th, or 5th time for others.

Wish I'd posted this the other day. Here's a great video about somebody who decided to JUST NOW start watching Lost and watches the first 4 seasons in one sitting. Apologies if somebody else posted this and I missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuFk1KKdNFw
    Haha, that was cute. :D
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    I've been reading around the web and seeing some good ideas about what's going to happen with the storyline, so these aren't all my ideas, but a mishmash of things of read and my own opinion:

I think the Losties are going to keep jumping back and forth in time, with longer intervals in between jumps, which will help show the whole storyline of the island, from the original natives/Others and the ruins to the Black Rock ship to Dharma to Rousseau's people to present day. I think the Losties will be present or see a lot of this go down and help with our explanation. I think there's going to be a really cool circular time explanation to all that's happened on the island, where the Losties were really at the island from the beginning and had to crash on the island to thus go back in time, and on and on. You saw Sawyer step on something, which will obviously later be a problem. I think it will become infected and he'll lose a toe. Then he'll do something heroic and probably sacrifice himself somewhere down the road, which will cause a statue to be built in his honor...the 4-toed statue. Wouldn't that be incredible if they turn out to be the original natives of the island and the predecessors to the Others and everything the see/discover in the first few seasons is really left over from them?
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    I've been reading around the web and seeing some good ideas about what's going to happen with the storyline, so these aren't all my ideas, but a mishmash of things of read and my own opinion:

I think the Losties are going to keep jumping back and forth in time, with longer intervals in between jumps, which will help show the whole storyline of the island, from the original natives/Others and the ruins to the Black Rock ship to Dharma to Rousseau's people to present day. I think the Losties will be present or see a lot of this go down and help with our explanation. I think there's going to be a really cool circular time explanation to all that's happened on the island, where the Losties were really at the island from the beginning and had to crash on the island to thus go back in time, and on and on. You saw Sawyer step on something, which will obviously later be a problem. I think it will become infected and he'll lose a toe. Then he'll do something heroic and probably sacrifice himself somewhere down the road, which will cause a statue to be built in his honor...the 4-toed statue. Wouldn't that be incredible if they turn out to be the original natives of the island and the predecessors to the Others and everything the see/discover in the first few seasons is really left over from them?

Those are intersting ideas
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    Btw, I know people were debating the sex of Pierre Chang's aka (Dr. Marvin Candle, Dr. Edgar Halliwax, Dr. Mark Wickmund) baby last week. I forgot about this video from last summer's Comic Con and rewatched it over the weekend because Jeff Jensen (the Lost blogger on EW.com) recommended seeing it before the premiere. In it he refers to the baby as a him. Also, it sounds like Farrady's voice is in the background at around the 2:35 and 3:20 marks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLJ7bPpI ... annel_page
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13

I MISS YOU!!!!!!! Where have you been all my life??

I was totally with you 100% up until the whole 4-toed statue. I mean, you're probably spot-on and sounds EXACTLY like a JJ Abrams show, so I'm definitely not going to disagree with you...but you lost me at the 4-toed statue.

• gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 442
    all i want to know is, with all this time travel going on, who the heck is in charge of feeding vincent ?
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388

Brilliant leap to the four-toed idea.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:

Brilliant leap to the four-toed idea.

he's a genius, I tell you. Genius!

frogwater wrote:
    all i want to know is, with all this time travel going on, who the heck is in charge of feeding vincent ?

Shannon!...oh...wait...

I was totally with you 100% up until the whole 4-toed statue. I mean, you're probably spot-on and sounds EXACTLY like a JJ Abrams show, so I'm definitely not going to disagree with you...but you lost me at the 4-toed statue.

Haha...miss you too! :) Whacha been up to?

So how did I lose you? Remember the 4-toed leg they saw in the first season? I think it was on a rock in the water in a bay or something? Obviously evidence of a previous culture/time. The rest of the statue must have broken off, as all that was left was a sandled-foot/leg.

If they keep going farther back in time, eventually they could go waaaaay back. If Sawyer's foot getting hurt this episode has any relevance, it's possible that it becomes infected and he loses a toe, thus becoming 4-toed. Maybe he saves everyone at there jump waaaay back in time and the rest of the Losties or natives or whatever, build a statue in his honor. Maybe, and I think it would be a really cool turn for the show.

Haha...miss you too! :) Whacha been up to?

So how did I lose you? Remember the 4-toed leg they saw in the first season? I think it was on a rock in the water in a bay or something? Obviously evidence of a previous culture/time. The rest of the statue must have broken off, as all that was left was a sandled-foot/leg.

If they keep going farther back in time, eventually they could go waaaaay back. If Sawyer's foot getting hurt this episode has any relevance, it's possible that it becomes infected and he loses a toe, thus becoming 4-toed. Maybe he saves everyone at there jump waaaay back in time and the rest of the Losties or natives or whatever, build a statue in his honor. Maybe, and I think it would be a really cool turn for the show.

I remember the statue. I just thought your theory was whacked...in a good way.

This show is going to be amazing and intense to the end. In a geeky sort of way though. It's going to be really confusing and hard to follow, but well worth it when you piece it all together. Hooray for intelligent tv for once.
  • This show is going to be amazing and intense to the end. In a geeky sort of way though. It's going to be really confusing and hard to follow, but well worth it when you piece it all together. Hooray for intelligent tv for once.
    theres a fine line between intelligent and complicated... just because its difficult to follow doesnt make it smart... its not like theyve taken that many chances with the story or characters... pretty standard sci-fi stuff... the way the show is divided with flashbacks and stuff might seem complicated to the viewers but to the writers, who supposedly had the whole thing figured out before they started, it wouldnt take much skill... the creators themselves were laughing at things in the show during last weeks hour long recap... they know they can spoonfeed their audience anything and people will think its cool right until the disappointing end

not to rain on any parades :D ... ive been watching since the beginning and every week i wonder why... i can appreciate the more human moments of the show... but i guess ill have to wait and see how this time travel stuff pans out
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    sgossard3 wrote:
    This show is going to be amazing and intense to the end. In a geeky sort of way though. It's going to be really confusing and hard to follow, but well worth it when you piece it all together. Hooray for intelligent tv for once.
    theres a fine line between intelligent and complicated... just because its difficult to follow doesnt make it smart... its not like theyve taken that many chances with the story or characters... pretty standard sci-fi stuff... the way the show is divided with flashbacks and stuff might seem complicated to the viewers but to the writers, who supposedly had the whole thing figured out before they started, it wouldnt take much skill... the creators themselves were laughing at things in the show during last weeks hour long recap... they know they can spoonfeed their audience anything and people will think its cool right until the disappointing end

not to rain on any parades :D ... ive been watching since the beginning and every week i wonder why... i can appreciate the more human moments of the show... but i guess ill have to wait and see how this time travel stuff pans out

Well said, sgossard3. I have been prepared to be disappointed at the ending for a long time and just figured I would enjoy the ride. You are right about there being a fine line between intelligent and complicated. Hopefully things will get better than the premiere.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • rrivers wrote:
    Well said, sgossard3. I have been prepared to be disappointed at the ending for a long time and just figured I would enjoy the ride. You are right about there being a fine line between intelligent and complicated. Hopefully things will get better than the premiere.
    Agreed. I'm just hoping that they can sustain the quality for as long as possible. I'm afraid that one of these weeks Mulder and Scully are going to show up and it will all be downhill from there. :roll: :P
    CG275693 wrote:
    Agreed. I'm just hoping that they can sustain the quality for as long as possible. I'm afraid that one of these weeks Mulder and Scully are going to show up and it will all be downhill from there. :roll: :P
    As long as Larry Hagman doesn't stroll out of a shower we should be good.
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    For those that have had the chance to watch the season premiere multiple times. Was the baby in the beginning Asian? I know some people have implied that it could be Miles, but Charlotte mentioned at the end of last season that she would not leave the island because "she was still looking for the place where she was born." I know its a stretch, but who knows with this show. Maybe babies can't be born on the island because after Charlotte was born the island decided it didn't want to be populated with annoying characters. :D
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
    The baby had dark hair, so I'd say its definitely not Charlotte.
    It wasn't clearly asian, but could have been. The assumption about it being Miles comes from the father presumably being Dr. Marvin Candle/Dr. Chang, who is asian.
    Poncier wrote:
    CG275693 wrote:

If Hurley wakes up next to Bob Newhart at the end, I'm gonna be REAL pissed off.
    sgossard3 wrote:

I realize 'difficult to follow' doesn't equal 'smart' either. You can't leave gaping plotholes or be uninteresting, obviously. I think they're covering all of their bases very well and injecting an interesting level of science and philosophy that doesn't permeate most of mainstream television, at least on the major networks. The reason it's hard to follow now is because they've introduced so many character and mysteries in the first few seasons, that now that they have a set number of episodes left and have to tie everything up, I think the pace of the show doesn't leave a lot of time for all of the explanations necessary for casual viewers to grasp all of the intricacies. If you watch every episode (some a couple times), and do some accompanying online discussions/research, it will help you understand it better and realize how amazing this storyline is and the potential.

I don't know if it's a detriment necessarily that it is hard to follow. To be smart and entertaining with all of the characters, mysteries and storyline, a certain amount of confusion for a lot of people is a given.

Don't get so pessimistic about the show. Other than a stretch in the middle of the second (or was it third?) season where the show wasn't going anywhere and was just stalling, it's been an incredible ride. Once they had a finalized end date, it's been at a feverish pace and completely engaging. The key is that you can't miss episodes. If the ending goes the way I'm thinking, it's going be be amazing.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Poncier wrote:
    CG275693 wrote:

If Hurley wakes up next to Bob Newhart at the end, I'm gonna be REAL pissed off.

I think Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and Locke are all going to end up in a Diner with Journey playing in the background and suspiscous characters walking in and out around them before fading to black.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    Poncier wrote:

I think Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and Locke are all going to end up in a Diner with Journey playing in the background and suspiscous characters walking in and out around them before fading to black.

I think Sayid will be in a Members Only jacket and ordering from the counter at the end and curiously glancing over at Jack a few times before it's all over. ;)
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13