New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    edited December 2014
    Wonder what they'll do with their 9th pick. I'm guessing a defensive guy. Most likely a DE. But I don't watch college football. So I don't know who's good? I was looking at a few drafts from the past. And I see in one draft, Al Faneca was picked right after them. And I think Steve Smith(the better one) in another draft was picked after they already had theirs.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    As much as we don't like was Tiki has become after retiring. I think he should be in the HOF.
    I miss igotid88
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Cliffy6745 wrote: »
    Cliffy6745 wrote: »
    19 losses in two years and no changes.

that is hard to believe. a few wins against some bad teams is enough to keep the status quo?

the eagles had 20 losses in 2 years which lead to reid's firing...

Mara said he knows that the wins came against bad teams. I get the loyalty to Coughlin. Not sure I agree with it, though it is not like there is a clear cut replacement for him. Very surprised nothing is happening though and it is all Coughlin's decision on the rest of the staff. Mara made it clear it is win next season or else.

If Reid won two Super Bowl's in Philly he would have a statue though

coughlin's not gonna get a statue?
    www.myspace.com
  • igotid88 wrote: »
    As much as we don't like was Tiki has become after retiring. I think he should be in the HOF.

Really? I've never thought Tiki as a HoF running back. How do his stats compare to current HoFers? What has he done that would put him there?
    igotid88 wrote: »

Really? I've never thought Tiki as a HoF running back. How do his stats compare to current HoFers? What has he done that would put him there?

Over 10.000 yards rushing in 10 years. And he didn't start until his 4th year or so. He would have more tds but it was given to Dayne or Jacobs to run it in after he did nost of the work. He was a good receiver. His last 2 seasons were his best then he retired early at the age of 31. Could have possibly played another 3-4 years.
    I miss igotid88
    Mike Sullivan is back as QB coach. Eli had some of his best years with him.
    I miss igotid88
  • Why does he even need a coach? Two-time Super Bowl champ/MVP.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    Why does he even need a coach? Two-time Super Bowl champ/MVP.

All if not most teams have one. Even the great Aaron Rodgers, who had our current offensive coordinator as his qb coach.
    I miss igotid88
    Why does he even need a coach? Two-time Super Bowl champ/MVP.

All if not most teams have one. Even the great Aaron Rodgers, who had our current offensive coordinator as his qb coach.

Yeah but even the great Aaron Rodgers only has 1 Super Bowl ring ;)
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661

Over 10.000 yards rushing in 10 years. And he didn't start until his 4th year or so. He would have more tds but it was given to Dayne or Jacobs to run it in after he did nost of the work. He was a good receiver. His last 2 seasons were his best then he retired early at the age of 31. Could have possibly played another 3-4 years.

I didn't realize he had 10,000 yards. I just don't see him as a HOFer. But if he gets in, good for him.
    10 years ago today Eli gets his first NFL win
    I miss igotid88
    Happy Birthday Eli
    I miss igotid88
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    Fewell is out. Always liked him. Injuries sealed his fate.
    And the secondary coach
    I miss igotid88
    I wonder if they hadn't brought Coughlin back. if you would have wanted John Fox to be the HC?
    I miss igotid88
    Odell Beckham Jr wins Rookie of the Year and 2014 Offensive Rookie of the Year
    I miss igotid88
    Well I guess you know by now Spags is back
    I miss igotid88
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    Well I guess you know by now Spags is back

Just saw that. I like it.

Odell Beckham says he played with 2 hamstring tears
    I miss igotid88
    "You could tell there was something special. He's just a phenomenal, phenomenal talent," Irvin said. "Watching him the other day, he was kicking 40-yard field goals, throwing the ball 40 or 50 yards with his right hand, throwing tight spirals 40 or 50 yards with his left hand, and I'm like, 'Wow.' It is mind-boggling the gift and talent he has."
    I miss igotid88
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Odell Beckham says he played with 2 hamstring tears

And still had 91 receptions in 10 games. Amazing.
    10308103_10152830426036263_5851437746204141718_n.jpg?oh=960dcb0f2fc7f56c510fba7f114de66b&oe=555D1CDC
    I miss igotid88
    Eli Manning and the NY Giants, the only team to beat Brady and Belichik in the Super Bowl
    I miss igotid88
    Eli Manning and the NY Giants, the only team to beat Brady and Belichik in the Super Bowl

Lol.
    edited February 2015
    B8zu1tKCEAA9wP-.jpg
    I miss igotid88
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

You really love yourself some Eli Manning
    www.myspace.com
  • I'm sure Eli and the rest of the giants were thinking the same thing when they were watching the super bowl.

You really love yourself some Eli Manning

I love my Giants.
    I miss igotid88
    Giants release Kiwanuka
    I miss igotid88