New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757

igotid88 said:

How do you give a qb 8 seconds?

They thought they had to count 7 steamboats.

Not a Giants fan, but Beckham is ridiculous. His two handed snare along the sideline was pretty damn good too. He's got the best hands in the NFL (I think).

This rookie class of receivers is tremendous (Evans, Beckham, Watkins, Benjamin, Landry, ...).
    Which is why I was surprised he didn't make the td catch against Seattle that led to an interception.
    I miss igotid88
    Weird how last year they started 0-6 and were still in the playoff hunt. And were 3-2 this year and are now out.
    I miss igotid88
    edited November 2014
    A couple good things.
    1. Odell Beckham Jr. Please, please, please stay healthy. And also don't be like JPP and have that great rookie season. And now be a non factor.

2. Eli Manning. Even with another bad offensive line. Under this new system. His numbers are better. Even though he's learning it for the first time. Imagine if he played under this system from the start of his career. How much better his numbers would be? Maybe he doesn't win Super Bowls. But he definitely gets more respect, not just from non fans. But Giants fans as well.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    what's this brewhaha I hear about the owner making out with some hot chick?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    igotid88 said:

Not a good throw by Eli. But it was still catchable

dude, come on. that was a TERRIBLE throw by eli that resulted in a 14 point swing and ultimately cost them the game. receiver was wide open. a qb of his supposed stature can't miss those throws in the red zone.
    www.myspace.com
    imalive said:

what's this brewhaha I hear about the owner making out with some hot chick?

www.myspace.com
    edited November 2014

igotid88 said:

dude, come on. that was a TERRIBLE throw by eli that resulted in a 14 point swing and ultimately cost them the game. receiver was wide open. a qb of his supposed stature can't miss those throws in the red zone.
    It was still within reach. Should it have been better? Yes. But not the sole reason they lost.
    29-40 72.5 338 8.4 3td 1int 112.3 rating usuall wins you a game

I also like how people are saying Eli overthrew that ball to Beckham on the 3 finger catch. Forgetting that if Beckham wasn't fouled he makes an easier catch.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

It was still within reach. Should it have been better? Yes. But not the sole reason they lost.

I also like how people are saying Eli overthrew that ball to Beckham on the 3 finger catch. Forgetting that if Beckham wasn't fouled he makes an easier catch.
    they lost by 3 and that was a 14 point swing.
    www.myspace.com

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

He still led them to at the time the lead. Not his fault our defense can't do a simple task. That his receivers don't know where the first down marker is?
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

He still led them to at the time the lead. Not his fault our defense can't do a simple task. That his receivers don't know where the first down marker is?
    i'm just talking about that one pass. a qb like eli should never miss a guy that wide open.

odel beckham's amazing, though.
    www.myspace.com
    edited November 2014

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

i'm just talking about that one pass. a qb like eli should never miss a guy that wide open.

it happens to the best of them. And the way Eli's career has been going. If he threw a perfect pass, the receiver would have just bobbled it and give up an interception. And then Eli gets blamed for that too.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

it happens to the best of them. And the way Eli's career has been going. If he threw a perfect pass, the receiver would have just bobbled it and give up an interception. And then Eli gets blamed for that too.
    i don't think it does. the best of them don't miss wide open receivers who could walk backwards into the end zone after making the catch. his brother wouldn't of overthrown that ball.
    www.myspace.com
  • Actually I saw Peyton overthrow a couple of times to receivers for guaranteed touchdowns just last week. Maybe not the same as someone who is wide open, but they were easy TD's if he made good throws.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

i don't think it does. the best of them don't miss wide open receivers who could walk backwards into the end zone after making the catch. his brother wouldn't of overthrown that ball.
    And Eli hits passes his brother doesn't in the Super Bowl. Twice. Heyyo

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

eli is so much better than peyton.
    www.myspace.com

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

eli is so much better than peyton.
    Never said anything of the sort
    They need to not have Odell making punt returns. I rather he not get injured and start the season next year.
    I miss igotid88
    OMG
    I miss igotid88
    I know we have injuries. But this o-line sucks
    I miss igotid88
    Too many fumbles for Donnell.
    I miss igotid88
    Waited too long to call their first timeout
    I miss igotid88
    jeez
    www.myspace.com
    That's what was missing this year. A missed fg that caused us the game
    I miss igotid88

jeez

Our offensive line even before the injuries was horrendous, Not many QBs can do much with this.
    I miss igotid88
    Good god. It's been real, tom
    Not getting the easy interception at the end of the first half hurt as well
    I miss igotid88
  • njnancynjnancy Posts: 5,096
    edited November 2014
    Looking forward to next year, as long as no one else has a career ending injury, they will be a much better team by then.

As for the Eli debate, he may not throw the ball perfectly all the time, but it's incumbent upon the receivers to do more than just have it land in their hands. Stretching, leaping, and being able to hold onto the ball once it's in their hands are all necessary in the qb to receiver relationship. And he's starting on a different foot with the new 'West Coast' offense. The pocket protection has sucked. I think Eli is doing just fine. The whole team has to do their jobs well the majority of the time in order for them to succeed. But it always comes back to Eli. He gets sacked it's his fault, not the OL. The ball is fumbled instead of caught resulting in no touchdown, it wasn't a perfect pass. I don't understand how so much flack is given to the QB. They have a job to do, they can't do everyone else's job too. And a missed field goal is just inexcusable. So frustrating.

Anyway - hi everyone - just came here to vent after another roller coaster ride of unexpected cheering followed by excessive cursing. Watching my Giants is a bipolar experience. I still love 'em. Its just one of those years. I hope they don't ditch Coughlin. I really really like his influence on the players. IMHO.
    Post edited by njnancy on
    njnancy said:

Looking forward to next year, as long as no one else has a career ending injury, they will be a much better team by then.

As for the Eli debate, he may not throw the ball perfectly all the time, but it's incumbent upon the receivers to do more than just have it land in their hands. Stretching, leaping, and being able to hold onto the ball once it's in their hands are all necessary in the qb to receiver relationship. And he's starting on a different foot with the new 'West Coast' offense. The pocket protection has sucked. I think Eli is doing just fine. The whole team has to do their jobs well the majority of the time in order for them to succeed. But it always comes back to Eli. He gets sacked it's his fault, not the OL. The ball is fumbled instead of caught resulting in no touchdown, it wasn't a perfect pass. I don't understand how so much flack is given to the QB. They have a job to do, they can't do everyone else's job too. And a missed field goal is just inexcusable. So frustrating.

Anyway - hi everyone - just came here to vent after another roller coaster ride of unexpected cheering followed by excessive cursing. Watching my Giants is a bipolar experience. I still love 'em. Its just one of those years. I hope they don't ditch Coughlin. I really really like his influence on the players. IMHO.

And he led them to what could have been the game winning drive the last 2 games only for the defense to give it back
    I miss igotid88
  • njnancynjnancy Posts: 5,096
    edited November 2014
    THIS ^^^.
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    giants rule...