New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    Would you like Ndamukong Suh on the Giants?
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    igotid88 said:

Would you like Ndamukong Suh on the Giants?

Yes, please. Don't have the cap space but jpp and suh next to each other would be pretty nuts
    As a player sure. But as a person, I don't know. And he would be one stupid move to getting suspended for 2-4 games. He has priors. And also the guys we sign get injured.
    I miss igotid88
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    http://espn.go.com/newyork/nfl/story...agree-contract

The New York Giants have agreed to a contract with free agent running back Shane Vereen, a source confirmed to ESPN.com's Dan Graziano.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.

The New York Giants have agreed to a contract with free agent running back Shane Vereen, a source confirmed to ESPN.com's Dan Graziano.

That's a good get
    I miss igotid88
    Rolle to Chicago. Always liked him.
    Gotta love the moves the Eagles are making....

Gotta love the moves the Eagles are making....

It's incredible
    Source: WR Dwayne Harris will sign a five-year deal with the #Giants worth $3.5M per year. $1.7M fully guaranteed at signing.

Source: WR Dwayne Harris will sign a five-year deal with the #Giants worth $3.5M per year. $1.7M fully guaranteed at signing.

Eh. Return game and Cruz insurance, I guess?
    Yikes,....
    Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI 52s52 seconds ago
    Numbers on newest #NYG Dwayne Harris: 5 yrs, $17.5M ...$7.1M fully guaranteed ... Also includes a $4M signing bonus #giants
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144

That's the move I wanted them to make. Makes perfect sense IMO.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    Not a fan of this- hopefully its not for much.
    Adam Caplan @caplannfl · 2m 2 minutes ago
    Giants agreed to terms on a 2-year deal with RT Marshall Newhouse, per source.
    edited March 2015
    ;;
    Post edited by Dr. Delight on
    Sunday Night Football in Dallas for the opener.
    I miss igotid88
    We have so many primetime games
    I miss igotid88
    Draft day
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Draft day

Sounds like the offensive lineman from Iowa? Wake me up when training camp starts...
    Giants draft OL Ereck Flowers from Miami
    I miss igotid88
    I was hoping Cooper would fall to us.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Giants draft OL Ereck Flowers from Miami

Don't know anything about he guy. Some people like it, some people don't. Sounds like most draft picks. The offensive line stunk last year, but this guy, Pugh moving in, Schwartz (if he is healthy) and Beatty should be pretty solid, no?
    Don't know anything about he guy. Some people like it, some people don't. Sounds like most draft picks. The offensive line stunk last year, but this guy, Pugh moving in, Schwartz (if he is healthy) and Beatty should be pretty solid, no?
    I guess if they all stay healthy. If they can buy Eli an extra second or two in the pocket. They could be a dangerous offense. Lucky they didn't play in Gilbride's offense last season. Otherwise Eli would have had more int and sacked more. Hopefully this new OL can create a some holes for our RBs
    I miss igotid88
    edited May 2015
    We traded up for the first pick of the 2nd round and got S Landon Collins from Alabama
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    Giants drafted DE Owa Odighizuwa in the third round of the NFL Draft. Apparently he wanted to be a Giant. So that's good
    I miss igotid88
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    igotid88 said:

We traded up for the first pick of the 2nd round and got S Landon Collins from Alabama

From what I read this morning he'll slot straight in as a starter.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    igotid88 said:

I guess if they all stay healthy. If they can buy Eli an extra second or two in the pocket. They could be a dangerous offense. Lucky they didn't play in Gilbride's offense last season. Otherwise Eli would have had more int and sacked more. Hopefully this new OL can create a some holes for our RBs

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/05/01/NFL-draft-round-1-steals-reaches-giants-ereck-flowers-broncos-shane-ray

NFL draft round 1 steals and reaches: Giants lead list of head-scratchers

Reaches

Ereck Flowers, OT, Giants: General manager Jerry Reese, head coach Tom Coughlin and VP of player evaluation Marc Ross all believed that Flowers was the best available player with that ninth pick. And each of those fine gentlemen know far more about football than I do ... but I had seven offensive tackles ranked ahead of Flowers this year.

and you traded up for a guy i am glad the eagles didn't select. good luck!
    www.myspace.com

igotid88 said:

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/05/01/NFL-draft-round-1-steals-reaches-giants-ereck-flowers-broncos-shane-ray

NFL draft round 1 steals and reaches: Giants lead list of head-scratchers

Reaches

Ereck Flowers, OT, Giants: General manager Jerry Reese, head coach Tom Coughlin and VP of player evaluation Marc Ross all believed that Flowers was the best available player with that ninth pick. And each of those fine gentlemen know far more about football than I do ... but I had seven offensive tackles ranked ahead of Flowers this year.

and you traded up for a guy i am glad the eagles didn't select. good luck!

I don't think we had a safety in our roster
    I miss igotid88
    Will Beatty out 4-6 months
    I miss igotid88
    “So Omaha was in the playbook,” Eli explained, sitting onstage at the special event for season-ticket holders with wide receiver Victor Cruz, linebacker Jon Beason, former Giants offensive lineman David Diehl and host Bob Papa.

“There was actually a sheet that said ‘Omaha’ at the top, and basically ‘Omaha’ was maybe we change the play, or maybe when I was changing protection, or Diehl had to tie his shoe or something and was taking forever and the play clock’s running down. And ‘Omaha’ just told everybody to put their hand in the ground, shut up, and the ball’s about to be snapped.

“So I would say ‘Omaha’ and I would say it again and then say ‘set hut’ and do whatever you think you need to be doing and let’s go play football.”
    I miss igotid88