New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    njnancy said:

I hate when I miss the first quarter - this parent thing really interferes with important stuff!! Let's go Big Blue!!! Eli - if I believe - you've got to believe!!!!

How was the offensive line so far? Are they protecting Eli? Well, from what just happened, i'd say no.

Line obviously doesn't look great. Game started out terribly but got a bit better
  • njnancynjnancy Posts: 5,096
    Look at your QB, do what he says, complete passes, hold back the people trying to get to him, perhaps stretch or leap to get a freakin' catch. Sheesh, perhaps be looking in the correct direction when your QB is throwing the ball? Arrgghh. Eli doesn't usually show this much emotion in an entire season.

Thanks Cliffy, glad I missed the first quarter, less antacid consumption.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    edited September 2014
    Typical Giants defense giving up 3rd and longs for a first down
    I miss igotid88
    njnancy said:

Look at your QB, do what he says, complete passes, hold back the people trying to get to him, perhaps stretch or leap to get a freakin' catch. Sheesh, perhaps be looking in the correct direction when your QB is throwing the ball? Arrgghh. Eli doesn't usually show this much emotion in an entire season.

If you have protection and your receivers can't get separation. The Qb won't play well. But it's always Eli's fault.
    I miss igotid88
    Just got home. Listening on the radio. Was that an interception or did it hit the ground first?
    I miss igotid88
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    wow......rough start guys
    www.myspace.com
    We knew the offense wasn't going to be great. Was hoping the defense would at least step up.
    I miss igotid88

wow......rough start guys

Gonna be a long one
    igotid88 said:

We knew the offense wasn't going to be great. Was hoping the defense would at least step up.

Brutal. D was good at times, but obviously not a good game on either side. Couldn't stop the run.
    Well, that was not what I was expecting. @-) That was horrendous.

I still love my Giants and hope they remove their heads from their asses and start playing football next week. And 'work in progress' and 'fine tune' should never be used again. 'Get their shit together' is acceptable. >:P
    njnancy said:

Well, that was not what I was expecting. @-) That was horrendous.

I still love my Giants and hope they remove their heads from their asses and start playing football next week. And 'work in progress' and 'fine tune' should never be used again. 'Get their shit together' is acceptable. >:P

14 points was more than I was expecting.
    I miss igotid88
    Defense lets Lions go 10-15 on 3rd down
    I miss igotid88
    Just starting to see the start of the game. Man our secondary was getting murdered.
    I miss igotid88
    edited September 2014
    I don't know if I'm right. But it looks like there probably wasn't a delay of game penalty or Eli having to call timeout, before the clock ran out.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    njnancy said:

You don't know how many times I yell at the tv because the receivers don't attempt to catch the ball. If it's a foot wide they're completely lost.
    I miss igotid88
    he has won 2 super bowls in the last 7 yeas and you want to burn his jersey already?

jeez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yZt4RBJg4U
    www.myspace.com

he has won 2 super bowls in the last 7 yeas and you want to burn his jersey already?

jeez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yZt4RBJg4U

they obviously don't watch the games
    I miss igotid88
    No Carson Palmer
    Re - the video of the idiot...
    He forgot to burn his hat (it's always a great idea to burn the more expensive merchandise L-) ). Maybe he'll save that for Week 2. How long has he actually been a Giants' fan, cause he certainly doesn't have the typical personality for one. Perhaps he'd like to try being a fan of the NY team and not the NJ team. :D

Just think - this person has children, :-O . I can see him at the fence at at a Little League game yelling at his kid for the whole freaking game. Then burning his kid's shirt. >:)

Let's go Big Blue!!! It's a new week - I love Sunday mornings - the Sunday paper, coffee, beautiful day and that pre-game hope of endless possibilities.
    igotid88 said:

njnancy said:

You don't know how many times I yell at the tv because the receivers don't attempt to catch the ball. If it's a foot wide they're completely lost.
    Thank you, I feel better! I was yelling at my tv so much I had to apologize to it. I hope they practiced how to reach for a ball this week - its hard to place it perfectly when you're being knocked down cause your offensive line is incompetent.
    another 3rd and long conversion allowed by our defense
    I miss igotid88
    edited September 2014
    the defense was supposed to keep us in these games. You can't do that when you're letting the other team convert 3rd downs
    I miss igotid88
    Victor Cruz could pass Plaxico and Bavaro today in receiving yards.
    I miss igotid88
    edited September 2014
    Nice drive
    I miss igotid88
    njnancy said:

igotid88 said:

njnancy said:

Thank you, I feel better! I was yelling at my tv so much I had to apologize to it. I hope they practiced how to reach for a ball this week - its hard to place it perfectly when you're being knocked down cause your offensive line is incompetent.
    I think there were at least two catches where the receivers extended their arms.
    I miss igotid88
    Damn you Cruz! I knew once Ginn wasn't tackled on the initial hit, he was going to take it all the way
    I miss igotid88
    Crap
    I miss igotid88
    quentin demps sucks
    www.myspace.com
    Those last 2 special teams screw ups don't happen if Mister throw me the ball Cruz makes that catch.
    I miss igotid88
    edited September 2014
    Try blaming Eli this time
    I miss igotid88