New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    Howard sterns coverage of the parade was great today

The crying girl from Boston

The Giants fans who said they would accept another Japanese tsunami or holocaust so the Giants could win more super bowls..... Goes to show how dumb people are when it comes to sports.

Classic
  • So anyone else go to the parade yesterday? I was at the corner of Chambers and Broadway.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Quarterback Tom Brady and defensive lineman Vince Wilfork were mic'd up in Super Bowl XLVI, and NFL.com has the clips now posted.

Not a memory many Patriots fans want to revisit. At the same time, one can feel the intensity on the field and on the sideline.

Links: Part 1 Sound Fx (opening), Part 2 Sound Fx (first half), Part 3 (third quarter) and Part 4 (fourth quarter).

Here are a few of the notable quotes:

* Tom Brady, talking on the sideline after his intentional grounding call: “I looked at Gronk, I looked to Wes, he dropped, then I felt him, I had no place to throw it away. I threw it over his head. I didn’t want to throw an interception."

* Brady, after getting one of his passes batted away at the line of scrimmage by Jason Pierre-Paul: “It’s like throwing in a forest, dude, those guys arms are like …”

* Vince Wilfork to official Carl Paganelli, when Paganelli asked Wilfork whether he was held by the Giants' Kevin Boothe: “That was a bad call.” Paganelli then asked Wilfork why he didn't tell him that before he threw the flag. Wilfork jokingly responded: “As much as you guys miss, I deserve one. I’ll let you know when you miss one too, now.”

* Brady to Chad Ochocinco, who started the Patriots' opening drive of the third quarter with a 21-yard reception: “Way to get us started, that’s what I’m talking about. That's why we got you.”

* On the Giants sideline, linebacker Michael Boley talking about Rob Gronkowski in the third quarter: “Hey, 87’s a (expletive) decoy, he’s a decoy. … He’s about to be outta here.”

* Referee John Parry, talking to another official, after Wes Welker's drop with 4 minutes left in the game: “That was the game.”

* Patriots coach Bill Belichick, talking to his defense on the sideline right before the Giants took the field for their final drive of the game: “This is still a Cruz and Nicks game. I know we’re right on them, it’s tight but those are still the guys. Make them go to Manningham, make them go to Pascoe. Let’s make sure we get Cruz and Nicks.”

The first play of the Giants' drive was Manning's 38-yard pass to Mario Manningham, which was caught on the sideline ... right in front of Belichick.

* Brady’s comment when Manningham's catch was replayed in the Jumbotron: “He caught it.”

* Later in that drive, when the Giants had second down at the Patriots' 6 yard line with a little over a minute to go, Jerod Mayo and Vince Wilfork telling players in the huddle: “We gotta let them score, got to let them score.”

* Before the final play of the game, the Patriots' Hail Mary, Brady telling Aaron Hernandez and Gronkowski: “Run to the goalpost and catch it.”
  • be careful. there are others selling the gmen shirts now. some appear to be scams.
    strahan and co have been promoting gmenshop.com, which is where i bought mine. now today they are all over ebay and this site has popped up.... gmenshirts.com. i was told gmenshirts is legit but i think its bs given they are cheaper there, sketchy looking site and they dont offer the same stuff strahans site does.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I just go to the giants website and use the store there.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • BinFrog wrote:
    I just go to the giants website and use the store there.
    meant the official GMEN shirts. The black sweatshirt strahan was wearing at the parade etc etc ....gmenshop.com
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Digging the gmen hoodie. Wish it had XLVI across the top though.
    BIG MOTHERFUCKING BLUE!!!!!

That is all
    CRUUUUUUUUUZ salsa dancing at the grammys. Such is life when you're world champs.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    I miss last Sunday.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Not ready to let this go yet!! Still on the big blue high!!

I'm huge sports fan and also diehard yankee, devils, knicks, syracuse, u of michigan fan. But there is no team in any sport to me like the Giants. Nothing like big blue. They've always had that rocky balboa, heart approach.
    Jerry Reese is cut very much from the NY football Giants cloth. Not too much flashy spending, just finding rocky esque ball players and team first.

i laugh looking back at some of my comments from earlier in the year. Nobody saw this coming. Proving my point...underdog fighting NYG baby! What other team from any other sport has their sport embedded in their name?!?!!!
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,760
    Not football or Giants but WresteMania will be at Metlife(Giants) stadium next year.
    I miss igotid88
    Not ready to let this go yet!! Still on the big blue high!!

I'm huge sports fan and also diehard yankee, devils, knicks, syracuse, u of michigan fan. But there is no team in any sport to me like the Giants. Nothing like big blue. They've always had that rocky balboa, heart approach.
    Jerry Reese is cut very much from the NY football Giants cloth. Not too much flashy spending, just finding rocky esque ball players and team first.

i laugh looking back at some of my comments from earlier in the year. Nobody saw this coming. Proving my point...underdog fighting NYG baby! What other team from any other sport has their sport embedded in their name?!?!!!

I'm Yankees first but I'm not ready to give this up yet. I'll be rocking the Gmen hoodie to the Springsteen show here in Philly.

I didn't see it coming. I said the season was over at one point. Awesome team. An easy team to root for.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Jacobs says he'd be interested in joining the Jets.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -the-jets/
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Newch91 wrote:
    Jacobs says he'd be interested in joining the Jets.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -the-jets/

:lol: Bye :wave: :wave: :wave:
  • this is great! goosebumps...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9A0nYNm ... e=youtu.be
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

He is: The most interesting QB in the world:

He once threw a pinpoint sideline pass to Mario Manningham instead of Cruz or Hicks just because he could

He throws overhand

In super bowl victory parades, he is allowed to touch the trophy

He once threw an incomplete pass in the 4th quarter just to see what it felt like.

If he threw a pass to you and you dropped it, you'd put it on your resume

His precision passes would break a lesser-QB's arm

He's won trophies for his game play alone

If he were to crush your soul with a game winning drive with only seconds left on the clock, you'd have to fight off the urge to thank him

"I don't always win Super Bowls. But when I do: I prefer to beat Tom Brady"
    -Eli Manning
  • susannjsusannj Posts: 664
    BinFrog wrote:
    He is: The most interesting QB in the world:

He once threw a pinpoint sideline pass to Mario Manningham instead of Cruz or Hicks just because he could

He throws overhand

In super bowl victory parades, he is allowed to touch the trophy

He once threw an incomplete pass in the 4th quarter just to see what it felt like.

If he threw a pass to you and you dropped it, you'd put it on your resume

His precision passes would break a lesser-QB's arm

He's won trophies for his game play alone

If he were to crush your soul with a game winning drive with only seconds left on the clock, you'd have to fight off the urge to thank him

"I don't always win Super Bowls. But when I do: I prefer to beat Tom Brady"
    -Eli Manning
    :D that was great!
    -See the waves on distant shores, awaiting your arrival...

Stanhope, New Jersey 08-12-1992
    Randall's Island, New York 09-28-1996
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 09-08-1998
    Wantagh, New York 08-24-2000
    New York, New York 07-09-2003
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 06-03-2006
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    Brooklyn, New York 10-19-2013
    New York, New York 05-01-2016
    New York, New York 09-11-2022
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,760
    Was hoping for another road to the super bowl. Was the sb42 the only one that had it?
    I miss igotid88
  • The New York Giants will host the first game of the National Football League season on a Wednesday night to avoid conflicts with U.S. President Barrack Obama’s speech at the Democratic National Convention, the league said in a news release.

The NFL schedule usually starts on Thursday, when the president would be speaking.
    The opponent for the Giants in the Sept. 5 game at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, wasn’t disclosed. The Giants won the Super Bowl championship this month.
    The New York Giants will host the first game of the National Football League season on a Wednesday night to avoid conflicts with U.S. President Barrack Obama’s speech at the Democratic National Convention, the league said in a news release.

The NFL schedule usually starts on Thursday, when the president would be speaking.
    The opponent for the Giants in the Sept. 5 game at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, wasn’t disclosed. The Giants won the Super Bowl championship this month.
    That's good because I have a night class on a Thursday night next semester. September 5th seems like week earlier to start the season.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • You have to think its either GB or NO to open our title defense
  • Will be a tough schedule in 2012. probably one of the toughest again but that makes it more exciting i think.
    Other than the divisional games NYG will host-- Packers, Saints, Bucs, Steelers, Browns
    travel to-- Falcons, Panthers, Bengals, Ravens, 49ers

Agreed opener will probably be Packers though vs Saints would be great too. Prefer that than vs a divisional opponent like usual.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

Will be a tough schedule in 2012. probably one of the toughest again but that makes it more exciting i think.
    Other than the divisional games NYG will host-- Packers, Saints, Bucs, Steelers, Browns
    travel to-- Falcons, Panthers, Bengals, Ravens, 49ers

Agreed opener will probably be Packers though vs Saints would be great too. Prefer that than vs a divisional opponent like usual.

that's a pretty intense set of match ups.
    Can't get much more difficult than this past season.

To start the second half.

NE
    San Fran
    Philly
    NO
    Green Bay
    Dallas
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

NE
    San Fran
    Philly
    NO
    Green Bay
    Dallas
    Should have won the San Fran, Philly, and Green Bay games. They got robbed on the Green Bay game.
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

NE
    San Fran
    Philly
    NO
    Green Bay
    Dallas
    Should have won the San Fran, Philly, and Green Bay games. They got robbed on the Green Bay game.

All that matters is that they won the last game of the season :thumbup:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

NE
    San Fran
    Philly
    NO
    Green Bay
    Dallas

All that matters is that they won the last game of the season :thumbup:
    :thumbup: :-D
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

NE
    San Fran
    Philly
    NO
    Green Bay
    Dallas

and the eagles shouldn't have blown 5 4th quarter leads and should have won this division going away.... :x :lol:

god. damn. it.
    www.myspace.com