New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Yep no birthday letdown this go around. Looking forward to the shit talking. However, I don't want to live in a world where you guys win this game. It just cannot happen. The cosmos needs to return to harmony.
    Just so you know now: I never shit talk before a game, especially a game like this. I was silent the 2 weeks leading up to Super Bowl 42 and let all the Patriots "fans" in school talk a lot of shit about the Giants and how they were going to get blown out. All I said was, "It's going to be a good game", and it was the best football game I've ever seen.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Yep no birthday letdown this go around. Looking forward to the shit talking. However, I don't want to live in a world where you guys win this game. It just cannot happen. The cosmos needs to return to harmony.

Well i'll start it, WERE GONA KICK YOUR ASS, AGAIN :D
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    I just ordered the Super Bowl XLVI Eli jersey and already can't wait for the game.

Oh, and Pats fans, no matter you will forever have 18 wins and 1 Giant loss.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I just ordered the Super Bowl XLVI Eli jersey and already can't wait for the game.
    How much that set you back, if you dont mind telling.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • not very meaningful, just trying to kill time.... but trying to figure out which players did not play in the first game in nov. So far I recall... Nicks, Bradshaw and i think part of the OL? Any others including NE?
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Oh, and Pats fans, no matter you will forever have 18 wins and 1 Giant loss.

:thumbup:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • I cant wait to watch Edelmen try and cover Hicks or Cruz.
    I cant wait to watch Edelmen try and cover Hicks or Cruz.
    Nicks?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,894
    Wow. We are going to the show! Say what you want about Eli but he's one of the tougher dudes I've seen. Hit 20+ times and hit hard by a ferocious 9ers D and he just got back up and fired right back. He got nailed in Green Bay too.

yeah he's tough but, no, he didn't play as great as the slurping media would like us to believe. Eli led the Giants to 10 points. The other 10 were gifts from the niners :x
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I cant wait to watch Edelmen try and cover Hicks or Cruz.
    Nicks?

That was the iPhone spellcheck in action
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    imalive wrote:
    Wow. We are going to the show! Say what you want about Eli but he's one of the tougher dudes I've seen. Hit 20+ times and hit hard by a ferocious 9ers D and he just got back up and fired right back. He got nailed in Green Bay too.

yeah he's tough but, no, he didn't play as great as the slurping media would like us to believe. Eli led the Giants to 10 points. The other 10 were gifts from the niners :x

The weather made it impossible to play great. I am actually surprised the score was as high as it was. I figured it would be a 10-7 game. The "gifts" were also possibly due to the weather.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,894
    even tho I'm a borderline hater.....I do like the old eli/peyton ESPN commercial that is back in circulation :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    even tho I'm a borderline hater.....I do like the old eli/peyton ESPN commercial that is back in circulation :lol:
    :lol:

I love that commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4dTKckmLwE
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    How much that set you back, if you dont mind telling.

$80

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.js ... tPage=shop
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,760
    I miss igotid88
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Wait a minute - they aren't the actual jerseys they're going to be wearing during the game are they? That's horrendous.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Wait a minute - they aren't the actual jerseys they're going to be wearing during the game are they? That's horrendous.

Can't be. They are away, they'll be wearing the white guys, same as last time around.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Can't be. They are away, they'll be wearing the white guys, same as last time around.

I would hope so. Cause those are awful.

And this time around I hope you guys get raped. God, I hope yous get raped.
    Those jerseys are god awful. Looks like Tron or something.
    philadelphia-eagles-cartoon-shaving-until-super-bowl.jpg
    Funny thing is I have not shaved in a while.
    Funny thing is I have not shaved in a while.

:D
  • It happened inside their sprawling hotel headquarters two days prior to Super Bowl XLII when a group of defenders that included Osi Umenyiora and Justin Tuck finally got around to watching a clip of Brady from Media Day openly scoffing at Plaxico Burress’ prediction: Giants 23, Patriots 17.

“I remember the arrogance of the whole way he scoffed ... I remember that making us particularly angry,” Umenyiora told The Post yesterday.
    “We just knew then that we were gonna take his head off. We just knew that right then.

“I mean, come on, man. There’s levels of arrogance, you understand what I mean? In the interview, like psssshhh, ‘We’re only gonna score 17 points?’ ”

Tuck told The Post, “Brady, in almost a disrespectful chuckle, said, ‘Hah, we’re only gonna score 17 points on ’em.’ I’m in a room with Michael Strahan, A.P. [Antonio Pierce], Osi, Corey Webster, I think it was R.W McQuarters, Sam Madison and some more guys, but it’s mostly defense. And we kinda see this pretty boy chuckle — like ‘We’re only gonna score 17 points!’ — and it just seems like the whole room turned red. Like everybody was quiet. Literally fist-clenching, teeth ...

http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/big ... ZAXnfp5zEI
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,760
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Surprised those videos are still up. Fox usually takes videos down.
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    igotid88 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Surprised those videos are still up. Fox usually takes videos down.

Just watched that again, for probably the 5th time this week. How did Samuel not intercept that? That was awesome.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    igotid88 wrote:

that is disgusting.

i remember the eagles sold ugly alternate super bowl jerseys back when they were in it.

i think pjhawks owns one. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    It happened inside their sprawling hotel headquarters two days prior to Super Bowl XLII when a group of defenders that included Osi Umenyiora and Justin Tuck finally got around to watching a clip of Brady from Media Day openly scoffing at Plaxico Burress’ prediction: Giants 23, Patriots 17.

“I remember the arrogance of the whole way he scoffed ... I remember that making us particularly angry,” Umenyiora told The Post yesterday.
    “We just knew then that we were gonna take his head off. We just knew that right then.

“I mean, come on, man. There’s levels of arrogance, you understand what I mean? In the interview, like psssshhh, ‘We’re only gonna score 17 points?’ ”

Tuck told The Post, “Brady, in almost a disrespectful chuckle, said, ‘Hah, we’re only gonna score 17 points on ’em.’ I’m in a room with Michael Strahan, A.P. [Antonio Pierce], Osi, Corey Webster, I think it was R.W McQuarters, Sam Madison and some more guys, but it’s mostly defense. And we kinda see this pretty boy chuckle — like ‘We’re only gonna score 17 points!’ — and it just seems like the whole room turned red. Like everybody was quiet. Literally fist-clenching, teeth ...

http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/big ... ZAXnfp5zEI

kinda equally arrogant on plax's part to say they would only score 17 in the first place, no?

obviously it was a great super bowl, but i've always thought it was a little weak to need that extra motivation. you're in the god damned super bowl. how could you not be motivated enough??? :lol: but hey it worked, so...whatever. :x
    www.myspace.com
  • Just call New England Patriots QB Tom Brady, who can be one nervous cat, Tom 'Fraidy

I spoke to an NFL assistant coach Thursday whose team did extensive film study of what the Jets did to Brady in their playoff victory last year. They sacked him five times and smacked him around when they weren’t putting him down. The coach’s report was startling for a future Hall of Famer who might be the second best quarterback in NFL history after Joe Montana.

“There’s not a doubt in my mind that they rattled him. He started seeing things that weren’t even there,” he said. “He’s human. He literally ducked down one time and there was no one there. Nobody was close to him. He thought he saw something and it wasn’t there. He literally ducked. We were literally like, ‘Did you see that? Is that really Tom Brady?” He had been hit from his blindside earlier in the game.”

Brady was imagining things, which happens when you get hit in the mouth.

“A lot of quarterbacks do,” the coach said. “Especially if they’ve been hit and hit early.” blindside earlier in the game.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... ?pgno=1ame.”

I love the title of this article :lol: