Options

New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• Options
    Bastards cost me, loved my pick at halftime but should have figured they would give away at least one more TD.
    Giants fans have had their share of glorious seasons, but you are mired in a world of shit and piss right now.

I saw flashes of an upcoming great team. Not this year but they showed potential to be better than good for next season. The torch has been passed from Eli and they’ll do well.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Poncier said:
    With two Bud Lights, no less.

Never been a big fan of the guy, but that was a great article and makes me like him more.  Good for him to enjoy living the badass life he has.  We should all be content to take what we can get and to be about family and friends.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Bastards cost me, loved my pick at halftime but should have figured they would give away at least one more TD.
    Giants fans have had their share of glorious seasons, but you are mired in a world of shit and piss right now.

Pats -7 for the second half last night was the easiest bet you ever could've made. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625

Pats -7 for the second half last night was the easiest bet you ever could've made. 
    Yeah, my buddy plays 2nd half lines and does way better than opening line plays.  Seems like you at least have more feel for it, although obviously it is still a gamble.
  • Options

Yeah, my buddy plays 2nd half lines and does way better than opening line plays.  Seems like you at least have more feel for it, although obviously it is still a gamble.
    Also great opportunity to either double down or to hedge your bet.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603

Also great opportunity to either double down or to hedge your bet.
    Hedging bets is for pussies

what is the conundrum? Giants seem like they have what could be a good qb
  • Options

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Not sure what your point is...
  • Options
    That....it’s a funny picture 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    That....it’s a funny picture 
    Nothing funny 'bout Eli on the bench.  You crossing a line there Juggler. There are some of us Giant's fans who are having a hard time with this transition. That picture is a perfect example. 

Eli looking for plays for his team regardless of the score or quarter with Eli face firmly intact, sitting next to the rookie who he is mentoring without complaint after losing his job to him, unceremoniously, after 16 years of nearly perfect starts (FU Macadoodledoo).

The rookie is definitely not hard to read & he should be looking at the plays with Eli & learning how to play against the Pat's instead of feeling bad for himself. Things can get much worse,  get over yourself,  you have a team to lead & that posture isn't gonna fire them up. 

Can't tell me 8 is better than 10. Well you can but I will disregard that opinion. 

Thank you for your sensitivity in this matter. 😙
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Poncier said:
    With two Bud Lights, no less.

Never been a big fan of the guy, but that was a great article and makes me like him more.  Good for him to enjoy living the badass life he has.  We should all be content to take what we can get and to be about family and friends.
    Article was very well written,  dude got some up close access. 

You got a small inkling of why we who love Eli,  love Eli . He's kinda like the sports version of no drama Obama. Bud lights,  hot dog (I'll forgive the ketchup just this time)  & party at Eli's after the game.  No football talk, save that for work. 

Can't guess how he feels from his press conferences or facial expressions or attitude; never seen him yell at anyone & there have been a handful of smiles along the way (great to catch them though). Team player through & through,  whether it's his football team or the home team. Love #10.

I'm a bit miffed that he didn't tell me he moved. I can't say he's my neighbor anymore.🙄 Summit is over there somewhere. Where there are trees & backyards. Lawns. Driveways. I'll stop.

Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,409
    If the Cowboys lose we're only 1 game back. Even kf if they win it's only 2. That's the problem I have with benching Eli. Not giving him the opportunity and throwing away the season after 2 games
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    If the Cowboys lose we're only 1 game back. Even kf if they win it's only 2. That's the problem I have with benching Eli. Not giving him the opportunity and throwing away the season after 2 games
    Ooorrrr in 2019, Daniel Jones gives them a better shot at winning 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    igotid88 said:
    He could get the same if he had 2 games at the end plus first team reps all next season. Mahomes played 1 game and did okay. Hasn't exactly worked for Mayfield with the 13 games he played last year.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Dallas lost. Only 1 game back
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    He could get the same if he had 2 games at the end plus first team reps all next season. Mahomes played 1 game and did okay. Hasn't exactly worked for Mayfield with the 13 games he played last year.
    Your team stinks. Eli is done. Play Eli Jr.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Your team stinks. Eli is done. Play Eli Jr.

😥😥😥

• Options
    igotid88 said:
    Dallas lost. Only 1 game back
    Eagles lost too & Skins have a win.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    8-8 might win the east this year.

• Options
    Jones is lucky this defense is keeping the Giants in the game. I know they were bad the 1st quarter. But have made big stops lately. Hope they can keep it up.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Yeah, it seemed like so many times the timely hit would have made a huge impact and it didn't happen very often.
    Tough to lose, always, but Astros won a good battle.
  • Options
    Seeing how Tate gets good separation and yards after the catch. I would have liked to have seen him play with Eli.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Yeah, it seemed like so many times the timely hit would have made a huge impact and it didn't happen very often.
    I don't know if you're gently trolling or in the wrong NY thread. Just not sure. Should rename this one  'New Jersey' Giants to avoid confusion in the future. 😁
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    I don't know if you're gently trolling or in the wrong NY thread. Just not sure. Should rename this one  'New Jersey' Giants to avoid confusion in the future. 😁
    i

Hit wrong thread, meant for Yanks.

• Options
    10th turnover by Jones.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    i

Hit wrong thread, meant for Yanks.

I was going to say that but I am never sure if I'm missing something.. (Mets fan so had no skin in the game). Sorry you got stuck in my quote, that's my pet peeve on the forum. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I didnt realize that it was raining  so hard. Sad that I need the football game to tell me my weather, I'm right next to a window too. 

Sorry, Jones running so much (and blocking) annoys me. I'm glad we got the TD but he's supposed to make throws and not turnover the ball, not block and run for downs. He isnt a great QB because hes mobile, he is a walking career ending injury. Learn how to play with the other blue guys. Rant over.
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    Shurmur sucks. Kyler Murray's mistakes are keeping us in this game.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    8 sacks on Jones. Kind of makes you appreciate what Eli had to go through. And he's the immobile one.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Yet they praise Jones, I'm not seeing greatness. We had Engram & Barkley back, we  should have won. The turnovers are ridiculous.