Tweet, twitter, twitter

Comments

• TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Holy!@#$%^:eek: :D *screams* THANK THE LORD!!!! And thank you Kat. ;)
    Sooooooooo insanely excited over here. These withdrawls are getting damn serious.

Super Duper Tuesday cant get here soon enough. *foams at mouth* Wooooooo!!
    :D

jesus....I thought I was the only one foaming!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • BARTLE DOOOO!!!

so awesome, this band NEVER STOPS!!! they rock, cant wait for the news, i just paid my mastercard off!!!! ITS ON!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    sgossard3 wrote:
    thanks! no fancy pants VIP tickets for me! ill rough it out :D (in speedys RV)

Then I hope Speedy can obtain an RV pass in addition to getting tickets.

I've been to Roo the past three years, but just got the regular tickets. Since the first year I went I've been thinking I'd have to get VIP tickets if PJ plays there. I got lucky my first two years with great camping spots, but got stuck in the boonies last year (after having to obtain a rental car in the area because mine got totaled just as I was about to get off the highway and into the line to go in.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    It's definitely Bonnaroo. The lineup is supposed to be released on Wednesday morning. Today on Bonnaroo Radio, the djs are giving clues to who will be playing. One of them was "Janis Joplin's preserves" or something like that. Janis' nickname was "Pearl" and obviously preserves are another name for jam. Looks like I made the right decision by taking off work for Bonnaroo!!!
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    TheGossman wrote:
    jesus....I thought I was the only one foaming!

haha. No way! We've got an entire FOAM FEST going on around here. :p
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • adam42381 wrote:
    It's definitely Bonnaroo. The lineup is supposed to be released on Wednesday morning. Today on Bonnaroo Radio, the djs are giving clues to who will be playing. One of them was "Janis Joplin's preserves" or something like that. Janis' nickname was "Pearl" and obviously preserves are another name for jam. Looks like I made the right decision by taking off work for Bonnaroo!!!

really? they are being that flippant about it. wow, so its pretty much a done deal...when is bonarrooo?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Finally, Tuesday will really be super! Tweet-Tweet!
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • ringoringo Posts: 504
    So late west coast time? Super late east coast time? I might just wait 'till Wed. morning when I get to work.
    d'oh
  • really? they are being that flippant about it. wow, so its pretty much a done deal...when is bonarrooo?

Bonnaroo is in Manchester, Tennessee...which is in Coffee County!

Did I just blow your mind?
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    really? they are being that flippant about it. wow, so its pretty much a done deal...when is bonarrooo?
    Apparently so. I've been reading the Bonnaroo boards and they seem convinced it's Pearl Jam as well. And that was before the sticky here.
    http://bonnaroo.com/
    http://bonnaroo.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=music&action=display&thread=1201893289
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Mst3kmann wrote:

I can't believe I missed that.

Great detective work everyone.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    It better be the southern tour we deserve.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • New news is always good to hear. :)

If it's not Alpine Valley news, who cares then. hehehe :D
  • It's that time again people...More Pear Jam!

Yummy...lol...
    'til Tuesday.

For now I can only say...Let's Go Giants!!!
  • Like how late? Like after the polls close? Like after Obama wins they are going to announce a show in Colorado? I like that idea... :D fuck bonaroo ;)
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Like how late? Like after the polls close? Like after Obama wins they are going to announce a show in Colorado? I like that idea... :D fuck bonaroo ;)

Red Rocks if not Alpine would be sweet. :D
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943

some, that was one of the more obvious ones (i thought).
    NeilJam wrote:
    Sorry for not reading the whole thread, but did anyone point out that the mockingbird is the state bird of Tennessee (the state where Bonnaroo is held)?

yeah it was brought up, definitely worth noting though. and manchester, tn is in "coffee county".
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • God bless Kat. Or science bless Kat. Take your pick. Either way, we appreciate the heads up.
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    Mst3kmann wrote:

Gotta toot my own horn here: :p
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Beyond the mockingbird being the state bird of TN, the reference to coffee is a dead give-away, for anyone who read through the 'roo web site :)

From the beginning, the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival proudly supported regional non-profit groups and worthy causes in Coffee County. We strongly believe in the principle of contributing to make the community a better place for people to live, work, and play.

Now that we are Coffee County landowners, we’re taking it a step further by forming the Bonnaroo Works Fund to continue supporting groups working towards creating healthy communities. The fund describes this work as projects in the areas of education, healthcare, environmentalism, economic development, sustainable living, any project furthering the health of the community.

Each year Bonnaroo fans make it possible to support many of the issues at the top of the country’s policy agenda from healthcare, to education, to county infrastructure. The Fund will continue this work by sustainably reinvesting in the community.

In 2007 Bonnaroo will support the Coffee County Sheriff’s Department and Manchester Police Department, Common Ground Relief, Doctors Without Borders, Rock the Earth, Head Count, and Music Cares; as we work with our fans and the community to develop strategies for supporting key long-term projects.

http://www.bonnaroo.com/about/community-investment.aspx

see ya there~! :D

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=5151727&postcount=27

To throw another conspiracy theory into play.. how about this:

The 2008 Kokua Festival is fast approaching!

We are sharing the following important dates and information so that you don't miss out on purchasing your Kokua Festival tickets.

February 4th - Kokua Festival lineup and show times will be announced!

February 8th - Kokua Hawai'i Foundation Members Pre-sale

February 9th - Kokua Festival & STAR 101.9 Beach Clean-Ups

February 10th & 11th - STAR 101.9 Beach Clean-Up Pre-Sale

February 16th - General Kokua Festival Ticket Sale

Please visit the kokuafestival.com starting February 4th for more information.

I would love, love, love another Hawaii show! :D
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Please be more than just Bonnaroo Please be more than just Bonnaroo Please be more than just Bonnaroo Please be more than just Bonnaroo Please be more than just Bonnaroo Please be more than just Bonnaroo Please be more than just Bonnaroo Please be more than just Bonnaroo Please be more than just Bonnaroo Please be more than just Bonnaroo Please be more than just Bonnaroo Please be more than just Bonnaroo !!

Please?
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Screw Bonnaroo!! I hate festivals.If they are going to be in the south they better give the south the shows we waited sooooooo long for.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • i hope there is a webcast again, (a la lolla) that was just so cool.
    angels dance on a pin head, just to make room for you and i....
  • Red Rocks if not Alpine would be sweet. :D

Can K and I crash at yours if there is a Red Rocks? :p

Thanks, Kat!!! Made my day. Come on, TUESDAY!!!! :D:D
  • I'm LMAO reading how people are freaking out over what the news will be. hehe :D
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhfreaking outaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    super tuesday fo sure!
    The Waiting Drove Me Mad Your Finally Here And Im A Mess....
  • stoneg wrote:
    Screw Bonnaroo!! I hate festivals.If they are going to be in the south they better give the south the shows we waited sooooooo long for.
    Agreed.
    09/16/95, 09/16/96, 06/29/98, 07/02/98, 07/05/98, 09/08/98, 09/10/98, 09/11/98, 09/18/98, 09/19/98, 06/13/99, 10/30/99, 10/31/99, 05/29/00, 05/30/00, 10/14/00, 10/17/00, 10/18/00, 11/05/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/06/02, 04/05/03, 04/06/03, 06/09/03, 10/22/03, 09/24/04, 05/12/06, 05/13/06, 05/27/06, 05/28/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 06/11/08, 06/12/08, 08/01/08, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 10/04/09, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/06/10, 05/07/10, 07/02/11, 09/03/11, 09/04/11, 10/23/11, 11/15/13, 11/16/13, 10/19/14, 10/25/14, 10/26/14, 11/28/15, 04/23/16, 08/05/16, 08/07/16, 09/09/17, 08/18/18, 09/02/18, 09/04/18, 10/01/21, 10/02/21, 05/06/22, 05/07/22, 05/12/22, 05/13/22, 08/31/23, 09/02/23, 09/13/23, 09/15/23, 09/18/23, 09/19/23, 05/16/24, 08/29/24, 08/31/24, 09/15/24, 09/17/24
  • Kat wrote:
    A friendly mockingbird sat on a wire and sang a sweet song that went like this...

~ News ~ / ~ Late ~ / ~ Tuesday ~ / ~ Night ~

Then he flew away and we went back to drinking our coffee and chatting about Pearl Jam.

oooooh this is exciting, specially since I have decided to take the drive from Miami :D

PS: I don't know if you guys know but the Mockingbird is the official bird for the State of TN.... it struck me as weird it was a mockingbird this time and did I little research ;)

Edit: I just saw Laura pointed the bird out on the first page :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Well, Bonnaroo Radio's hints have basically confirmed that Pearl Jam is indeed headlining Roo in 2008. Among the other hints:

"There is more than one Manchester..." could be New Order, Sex Pistols, Oasis, The Verve or the Happy Mondays.

"Memphis is not Albany..." refers to B.B. King, I think.

"Clouds taste this way..." refers to a Flaming Lips, as in “Clouds Taste Metallic.” That’s probably... Metallica. Ugh.

"Some herrings taste red, Jimmy" Maybe Jimmy Page, but that's probably too obvious.

"Hard Substance, Soft Substance" ???

"Three certain birds add one" The Wailers?

"Janis Joplin Preserves will be served" = Pearl Jam. Janis was nicknamed Pearl, her first solo album was called "Pearl" and she wore pearls. Pearl preserves is Pearl Jam!

"Rumors are just rumors, but twist them sideways, grow your humor hair and they become a more yen reality. No, this is not about Fleewood Mac." There having fun with the Zeppelin rumor here... or are they?

"It's not sour, what is sewed in the earth." ???

“Look to the center of Europe to get the sound, but the band comes from all around.” ???
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Foxy Mop wrote:
    Beyond the mockingbird being the state bird of TN, the reference to coffee is a dead give-away, for anyone who read through the 'roo web site :)

From the beginning, the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival proudly supported regional non-profit groups and worthy causes in Coffee County. We strongly believe in the principle of contributing to make the community a better place for people to live, work, and play.

Now that we are Coffee County landowners, we’re taking it a step further by forming the Bonnaroo Works Fund to continue supporting groups working towards creating healthy communities. The fund describes this work as projects in the areas of education, healthcare, environmentalism, economic development, sustainable living, any project furthering the health of the community.

Each year Bonnaroo fans make it possible to support many of the issues at the top of the country’s policy agenda from healthcare, to education, to county infrastructure. The Fund will continue this work by sustainably reinvesting in the community.

In 2007 Bonnaroo will support the Coffee County Sheriff’s Department and Manchester Police Department, Common Ground Relief, Doctors Without Borders, Rock the Earth, Head Count, and Music Cares; as we work with our fans and the community to develop strategies for supporting key long-term projects.

I will for sure see ya there.... it's funny how I changed my mind from not going at all to driving 13 hours from Miami to Manchester... festivals still not my cup of tea but I think a road trip with a few friends will be fun :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    News on Tuesday, OH MY!!!!!!!

I can't afford another tour, so i'm kinda hoping it isn't Euro news lol!
    I can't either but I'll find the money somewhere :D
    Foxy Mop wrote:

nice work!
    I'm sure it's only Bonnaroo which I've been certain of since the 'Jeff Interview' it's in my diary..only reason I haven't booked a flight yet is because I hope/wait to see if there's other gigs around that date..

[size=+45]PLEASE KAT![/size]

if there's to be more, let us know really quick :(
This discussion has been closed.