Tweet, twitter, twitter

Comments

• RockMamaRockMama Posts: 478
    Wouldn't it be cool to spend our Bush rebate checks (to stimulate the economy) on Pearl Jam tickets!
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    from what Jeff said, i think the answer is already known here, Not expecting any euro shows till 2009 at the earliest
  • glbglb Posts: 356
    RockMama wrote:
    Wouldn't it be cool to spend our Bush rebate checks (to stimulate the economy) on Pearl Jam tickets!

Oh hell yeah, I hadn't even thought about that yet... that is exactly what I'm using it for!! :cool: good call.
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    RockMama wrote:
    I love it!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    i am guessing this will be about the world wide singles thing

could you elaborate? Whats the worldwide singles thing? *feels out of the loop*
  • could you elaborate? Whats the worldwide singles thing? *feels out of the loop*

another greatest hits thing...except this will be a box set
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • I haven't been back to 'Roo since the first and third years and oh my how it has changed!

I agree - Coffee was the clue now I'm heading back to BONNAROOOOOO!

Abit of advice to newbies: get some sleep now- you won't get any there.

Enjoy all- and be kind to your neighbors (they'll watch your tent).

Heading north from the sunshine state.
    Perfect lefts come rolling in...loyal believer since '92
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    over_bends wrote:
    Please be more than just Bonnaroo Please be more than just Bonnaroo Please be more than just Bonnaroo Please be more than just Bonnaroo Please be more than just Bonnaroo Please be more than just Bonnaroo Please be more than just Bonnaroo Please be more than just Bonnaroo Please be more than just Bonnaroo Please be more than just Bonnaroo Please be more than just Bonnaroo Please be more than just Bonnaroo !!

Please?

what he said.....
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    We alwas want more...

and more... and more...
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Kat wrote:
    Then he flew away and we went back to drinking our coffee and chatting about Pearl Jam.

Don't you mean talking about LOST?? :confused:
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• RockMama wrote:

Great idea. :D
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    So if this is about Bonaroo, which seems plausable since there wasn't any "update your membership" tag, (meaning it's not a 10C ticket thing), will Pearl Jam play only one night out of the three, as the grand finale, or will they play more than one day of the festival? (wishful thinking)
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    this is bonaroo, has to be. The mockingbird hint, the coffee hint, the fact that it is late Tuesday doesn't mean it isn't a show. BONAROO!!
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    URthekey wrote:
    So if this is about Bonaroo, which seems plausable since there wasn't any "update your membership" tag, (meaning it's not a 10C ticket thing), will Pearl Jam play only one night out of the three, as the grand finale, or will they play more than one day of the festival? (wishful thinking)

Bonnaroo doesn't usually sell out right way, and it's all GA, so it's safe to say your TC membership won't be needed.

PJ will likely play Friday or Saturday, and at Bonnaroo many acts tend to have special guests. Last year Jon Paul Jones must have played in with 5 differen bands, so anything's possible. Last year tool played on Fri and Police on Saturday, so if that's an indication of anything we can hope PJ plays Friday and a classic rock bands like Neil Young plays Saturday...I know in my dreams..either way the other headlining act will likely be as big as Pearl Jam.
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    URthekey wrote:

As much as I love Pearl Jam, they don't have the appeal to that crowd to satisfy the fans by headlining more than one night - few bands could, really (Phish, Led Zeppelin, and that's about it). They'll play either Friday or Saturday (judging from past years) with the other night being filled by another big artist (usually classic rock - Tom Petty, Neil Young, the Police in past years). Sunday night, or the the night that the previous don't play, is usually a big band in the jam band scene (Widespread Panic, Trey Anastasio, the Allman Brothers Band, Jack Johnson).
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Anybody know any links to neil young message boards.
    I mean...
    Tom Petty and the Heartbreaks
    Pearl Jam
    Neil Young

This could turn out to be an AMAZING Roo'
    They are all on tour..
    I just havent heard much on Neil yet.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

I would also like to say hello.
    Long time lover of everything Pearl Jam.
    Should have seen them twice. but once the show was rained out at Riverbend music center (would have also been my first concert) I'm still waiting for them to make up that show. Also caught them at U.S. Bank Jun 24th 06'!
    Personal highlights; Crazy Mary, Do the Evolution, and Eddie using a Rolling Stone to wipe his arse!

Love the boards!!
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,309
    applenut wrote:
    There isn't a chance in hell they would get that spot... nor should they.

They will just be another band there. Bonnaroo attracts much larger and impressive bands than Pearl Jam. They will be an oddity amongst the headliners.

the 12-3 am slot is after the headliner. headliners start at like 8 pm, and are the only band playing at that time. at midnight, shows start again at the other tents, which are smaller bands or jams and whatnot.

as for bonnaroo attracting larger bands than PJ...unless its zeppelin (which is very unlikely), they will be the main headliner on saturday. there are no major "old" bands touring that i know of (police, stones, etc.) that would trump PJ. radiohead will be in europe. unless phish is getting back together and no one knows about it, PJ will have the friday or saturday show.
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • NewJPage wrote:
    PJ will have the friday or saturday show.

I hope it's Saturday so that I only have to take one day off and can start driving up on Friday afternoon... I'll drive Thrusday afternoon too but Friday works out better, cant wait for Tuesday night! :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    NewJPage wrote:
    as for bonnaroo attracting larger bands than PJ...unless its zeppelin (which is very unlikely), they will be the main headliner on saturday. there are no major "old" bands touring that i know of (police, stones, etc.) that would trump PJ. radiohead will be in europe. unless phish is getting back together and no one knows about it, PJ will have the friday or saturday show.

as of right now, the only 'big' bands touring are bruce, the eagles, roger waters, tom petty - and stevie wonder just finished up. (that are reasonable to be at bonnaroo, i don't see billy joel, aerosmith, etc. there). rolling stones are touring, but i doubt it.

tom petty played 2 years ago, so i doubt it. i think that roger waters, bruce, or stevie wonder are the best bet for the other slot.

i would LOVE to see an eric clapton/steve winwood set...but i doubt it, unless steve takes time off from opening with petty.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,025
    I heard V-VEST was to be announced this week ???

Possible ??

Muddy
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • drew0 wrote:
    as of right now, the only 'big' bands touring are bruce, the eagles, roger waters, tom petty - and stevie wonder just finished up. (that are reasonable to be at bonnaroo, i don't see billy joel, aerosmith, etc. there). rolling stones are touring, but i doubt it.

tom petty played 2 years ago, so i doubt it. i think that roger waters, bruce, or stevie wonder are the best bet for the other slot.

i would LOVE to see an eric clapton/steve winwood set...but i doubt it, unless steve takes time off from opening with petty.

Roger is playing Coachella. And it has been said that they wont share a headliner. So are The Smiths.

The Strong Rumors are;
    Pearl Jam (confirmed IMO)
    Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
    Metallica
    Led Zeppelin
    Neil Young..

I just want to see the Lineup
  • LBCaptin wrote:
    Metallica
    Led Zeppelin
    Neil Young..
    this would be INCREDIBLE!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    LBCaptin wrote:
    Roger is playing Coachella. And it has been said that they wont share a headliner. So are The Smiths.

The Strong Rumors are;
    Metallica
    Led Zeppelin
    Neil Young..

I just want to see the Lineup
    Metallica and Led Zep were officially denied weeks ago.
  • yes, but if you research it.
    How many times have zeppelin played with the media.

Metallica denied it, Zeppelin said nothing.

I hope neither are at Roo' personally.
    I would love to see them, just not there.
    Just one mans opinion though.

http://www.bonnaroo.com
    click on bonnaroo radio. they are giving a quiz soon :)
    they have been playing riddles so people can try and figure out the lineup.
  • I'll be waiting for a NW show or shows unfortunately...but, doesn't look like anyone has mentioned the fact that REM is touring...I could see them headline the other night of Bonnaroo...they have those 3 nights open in their tour schedule.

Also, for those from the NW, looks like REM will be headlining Sasquatch this year, too.
    I will not lose my Faith, it's an Inside job today....
  • and Langerado
  • I don't feel like reading all pages, but the few I have read showed no speculation about Coachella. Why can't this be a date for them? I know Coachella has released their schedule already, but they've added headliners before after the fact before. Madonna was added later last year. Their headliners this year are particularly weak, so put them after Portishead to headline Saturday!
    "Smokey, this is not Nam, this is bowling. There are rules. If you mark that frame an 8 you are entering a world of pain."
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    News on Tuesday, OH MY!!!!!!!

I can't afford another tour, so i'm kinda hoping it isn't Euro news lol!

!!!shame on you!!! :mad: we always have other assets to sell (in the worst case we still have our souls...;))
    But I guess it's just some great news about the guys going back to the studio!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Get_Right wrote:
    lets hope its not about the boom solo release

;)

it was very funny :D made my day...
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • Kat wrote:
    A friendly mockingbird sat on a wire and sang a sweet song that went like this...

~ News ~ / ~ Late ~ / ~ Tuesday ~ / ~ Night ~

Then he flew away and we went back to drinking our coffee and chatting about Pearl Jam.

Also as my title suggests, Bonaroo is located in Coffee County, TN. It's Bonaroo, no question!
This discussion has been closed.