Options

***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,525
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Anyone get the presale password?

Someone said it's "budweiser".
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605
    If you are going you should get them now. Prices are going up over the next couple days.

There are a few codes that are working
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Not feeling the Made in America show and not feeling this team right now. Are we really this pathetic without two players in the lineup??? Christ this is shaping up to be a looonnnggg season.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,525
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    If you are going you should get them now. Prices are going up over the next couple days.

Gotta meet up with some of you clowns since I'm flying solo at this show.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Gotta meet up with some of you clowns since I'm flying solo at this show.

Yeah, man. We'll be hanging out. We'll definitely be grilling and having some beers on the deck before.
  • Options
    So it looks like I'm making a festival weekend out of Labor Day weekend. Jay Z Saturday, Pearl Jam Sunday then Bruce Monday
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,326
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    So it looks like I'm making a festival weekend out of Labor Day weekend. Jay Z Saturday, Pearl Jam Sunday then Bruce Monday

quite the blowout to end summer, huh?. i'll be down the shore for a week only to come home and find pearl jam and bruce springsteen waiting for me. :)

i'm not sure what i'm gonna do as i was planning on hitting up springsteen on sunday and then just recouping on monday before getting back to the grind on tuesday. now i might just have to do pj on sunday, bruce on monday and taking another pto day tuesday.....

i might be dead come wednesday.

so is jay z closing things out on saturday and pj doing the honors on sunday? do we know this yet?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

quite the blowout to end summer, huh?. i'll be down the shore for a week only to come home and find pearl jam and bruce springsteen waiting for me. :)

i'm not sure what i'm gonna do as i was planning on hitting up springsteen on sunday and then just recouping on monday before getting back to the grind on tuesday. now i might just have to do pj on sunday, bruce on monday and taking another pto day tuesday.....

so is jay z closing things out on saturday and pj doing the honors on sunday? do we know this yet?

Yeah, man. This is gonna be a good one. Should be a real fun weekend in the city between these two shows. That's what I'm doing. I'll be taking Tuesday off for sure.

Jay Z had originally said he was planning on Saturday night and Stone was on wmmr yesterday and said they are planning on Sunday but it's not set in stone, but I would imagine that's the case since it's been said by both of them.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I have literally talked to 50 people and have my tix on stubhub for next to nothing. can't give my tix away for tonight. I know it's short notice, but I'll be on the board for a little while here. If anyone wants two free tix just say the word

all I ask is that you hit amaro with a spitball if you see him at the stadium
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, man. This is gonna be a good one. Should be a real fun weekend in the city between these two shows. That's what I'm doing. I'll be taking Tuesday off for sure.

Jay Z had originally said he was planning on Saturday night and Stone was on wmmr yesterday and said they are planning on Sunday but it's not set in stone, but I would imagine that's the case since it's been said by both of them.

i wonder how long their set will be. probably much shorter than a regular show right?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

i wonder how long their set will be. probably much shorter than a regular show right?

Festivals are usually 2 hours on the dot. I'd say 9-11 is a safe bet and I would imagine they can't play a minute after 11 given where this is taking place
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Festivals are usually 2 hours on the dot. I'd say 9-11 is a safe bet and I would imagine they can't play a minute after 11 given where this is taking place

they rarely go past 11 anymore anyway. that is fine at something like this because I will just stumble into the first bar I see
  • Options
    stadium will be a third empty for games after memorial day weekend. great pitching matchup tonight and no one wants to go. face on each of my tix is $43...AIDS. Def done with my season tix after this year.

Congratulations, you've sold your tickets!
    Payment info
    The buyer received the tickets for order #xxxxx within the last 24 hours and we've now started processing your payment.
    Your price$14.99
    Quantityx 2
    Total sale$29.98
    Commission- $4.50

Your payment$25.48
  • Options
    Another thriller.

Nats announcer after the final out...'I have never seen this stadium so quiet or empty'

Then they posted a stat that the nats are 13-3 in their last 16 games vs the phils...including 6 straight wins

This team is in deep shit. I think they're fucked

pierre, wigginton, mayberry, fontenot, schneider, kratz...pure garbage. all of them

I'm so angry towards this organization. Especially amaro
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,215
    The Fixer wrote:
    Another thriller.

Nats announcer after the final out...'I have never seen this stadium so quiet or empty'

Then they posted a stat that the nats are 13-3 in their last 16 games vs the phils...including 6 straight wins

pierre, wigginton, mayberry, fontenot, schneider, kratz...pure garbage. all of them

any concerns about halladay? era over 3.5 and light up by both the braves and nats. velocity down in spring training and they shrugged it off. i don't see the put-away stuff like he had in the past. beginning to wonder...

veterans on this team are wayyyy too comfortable. polano, victorino, rollins and now pence suck and make bad and dumb plays and have horrible at-bats with no repurcussions from charlie. pence has been an abomination this year.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,968
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Another thriller.

any concerns about halladay? era over 3.5 and light up by both the braves and nats. velocity down in spring training and they shrugged it off. i don't see the put-away stuff like he had in the past. beginning to wonder...

veterans on this team are wayyyy too comfortable. polano, victorino, rollins and now pence suck and make bad and dumb plays and have horrible at-bats with no repurcussions from charlie. pence has been an abomination this year.
    yeah a little concerned with Halladay. I'm still somewhat surprised that we are only 5 and a half games out of first.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Another thriller.

yeah a little concerned with Halladay. I'm still somewhat surprised that we are only 5 and a half games out of first.

yeah, that's all that this team has going for them is that the rest of the NL stinks too

I'm not worried about halladay yet. he didnt pitch well tonight. Their SPs have to feel like they've gotta throw perfect games with this offense. no room for error

frustrating. really need a W tomorrow.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Another thriller.

i'm not too concerned about his velocity but it seems like he's not locating his pitches as well as he normally does. he should be able to work that out though. hopefully rollins comes back from his maternity leave by the end of the month. :roll:

cole hamels...set to stop the bleeding tonight...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    and....so pj is now closing the saturday show? is that right?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I don't think anyone knows. An article said Saturday but didn't seem legit, an article said both are doign both nights, which definitely isn't legit. Jay Z said he was planning on Saturday and Stone said they were planning on Sunday. I would go with that until there is an official announcement.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I don't think anyone knows. An article said Saturday but didn't seem legit, an article said both are doign both nights, which definitely isn't legit. Jay Z said he was planning on Saturday and Stone said they were planning on Sunday. I would go with that until there is an official announcement.

no matter who is closing, they are both playing both days though right?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Not that I know of. There was an article from some random site that said that, but I don't think there is a chance they're both going to play both nights. My guess is Jay Z Saturday, Pearl Jam Sunday, but I would wait to make plans until it's announced.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Not that I know of. There was an article from some random site that said that, but I don't think there is a chance they're both going to play both nights. My guess is Jay Z Saturday, Pearl Jam Sunday, but I would wait to make plans until it's announced.

oh....but you can only purchase 2 day passes then right?

you can tell how closely i've been following this stuff :lol:

saturday would be perfect--then i can still do bruce on sunday and recouperate on monday....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,215

saturday would be perfect--then i can still do bruce on sunday and recouperate on monday....

i put chances at an Atlantic City, other Jersey, NY or Boston show or shows at around 85% around these dates. can't imagine they are coming to east coast for 1 night in Philly.

really hoping for a Boardwalk Hall show.
  • Options

Yes, 2 day passes are all that is available. They are seperate tickets for each day though, so I am sure some single days will hit the secondary market.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

i put chances at an Atlantic City, other Jersey, NY or Boston show or shows at around 85% around these dates. can't imagine they are coming to east coast for 1 night in Philly.

really hoping for a Boardwalk Hall show.

REVEL.

heard nothing but good things about that place...not sure how big their theater is though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    also---i'm going on record saying they will absolutely make an appearce at bruce. at least ed will.

not much of a stretch, i know.

what a weekend, huh?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

this is what I'm hoping for. I have springsteen tix for sunday...waiting to pull the trigger on festival tix until I see an official announcement of when PJ is playing.

It's Jay Z's festival. Only makes sense that he and the Roots close things down on Sunday night.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,736
    The Fixer wrote:

this is what I'm hoping for. I have springsteen tix for sunday...waiting to pull the trigger on festival tix until I see an official announcement of when PJ is playing.

It's Jay Z's festival. Only makes sense that he and the Roots close things down on Sunday night.

Was that announced? That the Roots will be backing him? And will they be playing their own set as well? I'm so in the dark about this festival. I haven't even been following PJ show rumors cause I expected DeLuna to be the only US date this year. I just saw a post on here yesterday that included the terms "Pearl Jam" "Philly" "Labor Day Weekend" "Presale Code is Budweiser" and within minutes I had a $99 two-day pass. To what? I'm not exactly sure.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    also---i'm going on record saying they will absolutely make an appearce at bruce. at least ed will.

not much of a stretch, i know.

what a weekend, huh?

I'd be surprised. They have been in the same city many times before and not done anything together. Would love for that to happen though.

I thought for sure Vedder was going to show up at Springsteen's show in Boston a few years ago. What a weekend that was...springsteen at Giants stadium on thurs, EV solo in boston on fri, Springsteen at Gillette Stadium on sat.
This discussion has been closed.