***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,566
    The Fixer wrote:
    well, they are the odds on favorites to get there again. not going out on a limb too much.... :?

world.
    fucking.
    champions.
    again.

believe it. :thumbup:

Just make sure you clear some space on the multiple DVRs so you can save the celebration :wink:
    mmmmmmmmmmmmm,burnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!! :lol:

yuck.
    how do you know you've lost an argument? when you resort to that garbage....again and again and again :mrgreen:

anywho---weird not having the phils on tonight...
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,378
    Um. 6 in a row. yay. :roll:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

32 over .500 :o :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com

It's a small sample size Jeags. :lol:

The offense has been really good since Utley came back. I like how Fixer says the sample size is too small, yet points to 2 games vs the Giants and a series vs Brewers in April. :?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    edited August 2011

It's a small sample size Jeags. :lol:

The offense has been really good since Utley came back. I like how Fixer says the sample size is too small, yet points to 2 games vs the Giants and a series vs Brewers in April. :?

you just can't win with some people.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    bad news for joe blanton (remember him?):

http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/artic ... -up,21034/
    www.myspace.com
    bad news for joe blanton (remember him?):

http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/artic ... -up,21034/

His goatee is making $2 million this year.

Just put on the replay (not in HD :evil: ). Ibanez is an abortion in LF.

it was nice to see lidge pick up the save today...his 100th with the team. madson may miss tomorrow's game too.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,979
    Fixer, I don't know how you're surprised by Pence. He hits, fields, runs, exactly like I've seen him do - awkward and goofy-like. You're just going to have to accept now that that is how he plays.

And who ever said he has a rocket arm he does not. He has an average to above-average arm. Definitely no where near Victorino's or Brown's or Werth's. People like to run on him. And if someone wants to say he leads in assists, well, that is because a lot of people continue to run on him.
    Fixer, I don't know how you're surprised by Pence. He hits, fields, runs, exactly like I've seen him do - awkward and goofy-like. You're just going to have to accept now that that is how he plays.

And who ever said he has a rocket arm he does not. He has an average to above-average arm. Definitely no where near Victorino's or Brown's or Werth's. People like to run on him. And if someone wants to say he leads in assists, well, that is because a lot of people continue to run on him.

It was well known that he is not a star. He is an above average RF, which is a huge improvement on what we had so far this year.

And Howard is mashing since Pence was inserted in the 5-hole. Maybe it's just a coincidence, and yes, it's a small sample size.

Anyone gonna hit up Band of Horses next Tuesday at the TLA? I'm just listening to the one album now, for the first time. Sounds awesome. Not sure if I can make it though.

(they were going to open for KoL before their meltdown)

Band of Horses are decent. I'm glad KOL are falling apart. They were good.....once.

Aaaand here's the bus that had Mickey Morandini in it...

6a0120a6dde087970b014e8a59c778970d-800wi
    Band of Horses are decent. I'm glad KOL are falling apart. They were good.....once.

Aaaand here's the bus that had Mickey Morandini on it...

6a0120a6dde087970b014e8a59c778970d-800wi

boh---quality band. fuck tuesday concerts though. at my old age, i believe all concerts should held on either a thursday, friday or saturday. :x

i actually really like kol's latest album. they were awful live last year and their previous album was pretty bad. but i don't care what people say, Come Around Sundown is pretty fucking chill. nice album to throw on while grilling up some salmon and drinking a beer....which i will be doing in about 8 and a half hours. :thumbup:

jp--i saw sublime with rome last week----they put on a solid show. rome's pretty talented. sounds like brad a bit too.
    www.myspace.com
    Nice. I'll have to try and see them next time they come around. The band/show schedule has been booked tightly lately...
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

All I said was I don't see how he hits as many HRs as he does with the swing I have seen for the first week. He seems to be lunging and out on his front foot every time he makes contact.

I like him and I like the trade. I just don't think he's as good of a fit in the 5 hole as werth. which means the lineup is still not as good as the one that was shutdown in the playoffs last year (even though they have been on fire for an entire couple of weeks!!)

cautious optimism, they had best record in MLB last year. It doesn't mean anything come october.

Can someone give me a reason that oswalt is pitching on sunday?
    Nice. I'll have to try and see them next time they come around. The band/show schedule has been booked tightly lately...

4 weeks until PJ20 departure there cock breath.
    The Fixer wrote:

All I said was I don't see how he hits as many HRs as he does with the swing I have seen for the first week. He seems to be lunging and out on his front foot every time he makes contact.

I like him and I like the trade. I just don't think he's as good of a fit in the 5 hole as werth. which means the lineup is still not as good as the one that was shutdown in the playoffs last year (even though they have been on fire for an entire couple of weeks!!)

cautious optimism, they had best record in MLB last year. It doesn't mean anything come october.

Last year the Phillies outscored the Giants in the series and basically they lost because of bad luck, which could easily happen again this year.

I already talked about Oswalt, but nothing anyone else says matters to you. :P He's healthy, he's making a lot of money, and his job is to pitch. I don't understand why he wouldn't be pitching. It's his, you know, job.

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:

So not looking forward to this 16-17 hr drive!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

So not looking forward to this 16-17 hr drive!!!!!!

Ouch. Short 2.5 hour flight for me. At this time on 9/1 I will be getting hammered lakeside :D

We are thinking about hitting the brewers afternoon game on Thursday.
    The Fixer wrote:

Last year the Phillies outscored the Giants in the series and basically they lost because of bad luck, which could easily happen again this year.

I already talked about Oswalt, but nothing anyone else says matters to you. :P He's healthy, he's making a lot of money, and his job is to pitch. I don't understand why he wouldn't be pitching. It's his, you know, job.

I think they lost because of awful offense and sloppy defense.

RE: oswalt...yep, let's get the guy with a bad back on the field as soon as possible. makes complete sense with an 8 game lead
    oswalt says he's healthy. the phillies trainers say he's healthy. i see no reason why the phillies, or oswalt would not want to be out there right now.

dude went 7-1 with an era under 2 from this point on last year after receiving coritzone shots as well.

i wonder what inning i'll fall asleep in tonight... :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    oswalt says he's healthy. the phillies trainers say he's healthy. i see no reason why the phillies, or oswalt would not want to be out there right now.

dude went 7-1 with an era under 2 from this point on last year after receiving coritzone shots as well.

He's been getting shots for 3 years now. Kind of like putting a band aid on skin cancer.

I don't see the point of having him throw in august. bring him back in sept, give him 5-6 starts, and have him ready for playoffs. We will see what happens...hopefully his back holds up.

I think the phils are gonna smack SF around this weekend. 3 wins minimum (worley and his 89 MPH heater taking the loss)...I wouldn't be shocked at a sweep. Message is gonna be sent
    The Fixer wrote:

He's been getting shots for 3 years now. Kind of like putting a band aid on skin cancer.

I don't see the point of having him throw in august. bring him back in sept, give him 5-6 starts, and have him ready for playoffs. We will see what happens...hopefully his back holds up.

I think the phils are gonna smack SF around this weekend. 3 wins minimum (worley and his 89 MPH heater taking the loss)...I wouldn't be shocked at a sweep. Message is gonna be sent

yeah...still though, if he's good to go now, i don't know why you'd want him sitting around another month. if he's not healthy- i see your point. but everyone is saying he's healthy so...

also if you are oswalt, you have to be thinking this might be your last season. i'd think he would want to be out there.
    www.myspace.com
    looking forward to watching this series. just picked up some beer...6 of the victory summer love that JP has been pimping and and a 6 of Uinta Punk'n Ale. Caught up on all of my work, took the dog for a walk, now it's time to fire up the grill.
    The Fixer wrote:
    looking forward to watching this series. just picked up some beer...6 of the victory summer love that JP has been pimping and and a 6 of Uinta Punk'n Ale. Caught up on all of my work, took the dog for a walk, now it's time to fire up the grill.
    Summer love is too hoppy for me,but the Punk sounds good.
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:

Too hoppy. Really? Didn't strike me as hoppy at all. It is yummy.

Way too early for pumpkin beer.

The Fixer wrote:

I always get excited when I see the fall beers. I'm not a fan of most summer brews. Most are pretty gay
    The Fixer wrote:

Not an ipa guy at all. Summer love wasn't bad for that kind of beer,just not my style.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    You going to Wells Discount yet? They have cases of Newcastle on sale for 20.99, and I got 21st Amendment Back in Black for 9.99 too. Of course still had to get my 12-pack of Natty Bottles for my drinking league.
This discussion has been closed.