***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,378
    They're talking about this bus crash that the Rookie League team was in - holy shit! Everyone was ok.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    considering this town has 1 championship in the last 30 years, favorites and underdogs alike have struggled mightily.

it is officially hitting season gentlemen.

best offense in league since july 1st too.

told you there was nothing to worry about. ;) :thumbup:

4-5 week sample sizes are pretty meaningless. a certain LFer winning player of the month proves that
    The Fixer wrote:
    1991? no way. anything with buddy ryan and randall cunningham involved shouldn't be considered a letdown

it was Rich Kotite, and Randall missed 63 of 64 quarters that year. We were treated to Brad Goebel and Jeff Kemp at QB. And the #1 vs. rush & pass D was wasted. ARRGGH. :twisted: I still remember the fucking Cowboys celebrating in the endzone after a punt return TD in the 4th quarter. :evil:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

I'll feel better if we can score 2 runs off Matt Cain this weekend. :roll:

Good job for Halladay gutting through 7 innings today.

Fucking At Bat audio keeps cutting off. Think I need an iPhone upgrade.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,566
    The Fixer wrote:
    considering this town has 1 championship in the last 30 years, favorites and underdogs alike have struggled mightily.

4-5 week sample sizes are pretty meaningless. a certain LFer winning player of the month proves that

you're right. we should wait until september 28th to make a judgment. :lol:

hitting season.
    www.myspace.com

hitting season.

October 28 would be a good time.

I'll feel better if we can score 2 runs off Matt Cain this weekend. :roll:

Good job for Halladay gutting through 7 innings today.

Fucking At Bat audio keeps cutting off. Think I need an iPhone upgrade.

...hopefully the giants don't even make the playoffs :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    1991? no way. anything with buddy ryan and randall cunningham involved shouldn't be considered a letdown

it was Rich Kotite:

Even more reason not to be disappointed

I'm glad the giants aren't seeing halladay this weekend. That means they wont see him at all this year. I think that helps the phils come playoff time
    The Fixer wrote:

hitting season.

4 weeks of stats means nothing

they didn't hit at all vs the giants last week (except for zito...but he won't be around come playoff time)

just saw that the phils have a losing record this year vs the 3 other NL playoff teams (if season ended today). not sure if that's true, but it's surprising
    edited August 2011
    having the best average in the league and scoring the most runs in the league over a 4 or 5 week period means something. it does not mean everything. but for a team who was in the bottom tier in these categories for the previous 3 months, it means things are trending upwards. and with the addition of pence it means things have a good chance of even getting better. this isn't rocket science.

hitting season is upon us, as predicted. enjoy the ride. :mrgreen:
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    having the best average in the league and scoring the most runs in the league over a 4 or 5 week period means something. it does not mean everything. but for a team who was in the bottome tier in these categories for the previous 3 months, it means things are trending upwards. and with the addition of pence it means things have a good chance of even getting better. this isn't rocket science.

Jeagstradomus!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    having the best average in the league and scoring the most runs in the league over a 4 or 5 week period means something. it does not mean everything. but for a team who was in the bottome tier in these categories for the previous 3 months, it means things are trending upwards. and with the addition of pence it means things have a good chance of even getting better. this isn't rocket science.

Jeagstradomus!!!!!

if it were 2 months, 2 months wouldn't mean anything ;):lol:

always a 2nd half team...this shouldn't surprise people.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    If you predict it's hitting season once a week, you are bound to be right at some point over the course of 162 games.
    the orioles were awesome in april. one month doesn't mean shit

why the fuck is lidge in the game?
    so after watching pence for a week I don't see how he hits so many HRs (I know he doesn't hit a ton, but I'm surprised he hits as many as he does). He looks like he's out in front of everything. He chokes up so far on his bat too. I haven't seen him stay back and drive a ball yet. I hope this isn't the norm and he starts staying back on the ball
    The Fixer wrote:

you are absolutely ridiculous.

funny. but ridiculous :lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
    You fuckers see that one of the philles A ball teams almost drove off a bridge in Brooklyn last night?
    The Fixer wrote:
    so after watching pence for a week I don't see how he hits so many HRs (I know he doesn't hit a ton, but I'm surprised he hits as many as he does). He looks like he's out in front of everything. He chokes up so far on his bat too. I haven't seen him stay back and drive a ball yet. I hope this isn't the norm and he starts staying back on the ball
    5 games isn't enough time to make a judgement :lol::lol::lol:
    I had too :oops:
    Go Birds!!!!
    LIGHTS OUT!
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    5 games isn't enough time to make a judgement :lol::lol::lol:
    I had too :oops:

it's absolutely not. just saying first impression. he lunges at everything
    The Fixer wrote:

because I don't get overly excited about 5 weeks of stats. I wouldn't call that ridiculous, I'd call it smart
    The Fixer wrote:
    it's absolutely not. just saying first impression. he lunges at everything

I watch a lot of baseball and admittedly I have probably seen pence bat a hand full of times, can't say I find myself watching Astros games often, but I saw a picture of him batting the other day and couldn't believe he choked up on the bat so much.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    You fuckers see that one of the philles A ball teams almost drove off a bridge in Brooklyn last night?

didn't hear about this. pretty crazy...looks like this thing was close to going over the railing

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/20 ... mspor.html
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

because I don't get overly excited about 5 weeks of stats. I wouldn't call that ridiculous, I'd call it smart

no, no. of course not. you just get overly excited or ridiculously upset on a game by game basis (by the way saying a team is trending upward is not overly excited--it is factually correct).

i've been telling you not to worry all year. sooner or later you will listen to the juggler.

yes, that is the 3rd person. :mrgreen:

edit-- you did get overly excited about dany's baez in mid april. :o:)
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

no, no. of course not. you just get overly excited or ridiculously upset on a game by game basis (by the way saying a team is trending upward is not overly excited--it is factually correct).

i've been telling you not to worry all year. sooner or later you will listen to the juggler.

whatever man. you know everything. phils are winning it all right? we know that's what you are gonna say since you say it every fucking year
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

whatever man. you know everything. phils are winning it all right? we know that's what you are gonna say since you say it every fucking year

Pot meet kettle,seriously u crack me up :lol::lol::lol:
    Go Birds!!!!
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

well, they are the odds on favorites to get there again. not going out on a limb too much.... :?

world.
    fucking.
    champions.
    again.

believe it. :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    well, they are the odds on favorites to get there again. not going out on a limb too much.... :?

world.
    fucking.
    champions.
    again.

Just make sure you clear some space on the multiple DVRs so you can save the celebration :wink:
    The Fixer wrote:

world.
    fucking.
    champions.
    again.

Just make sure you clear some space on the multiple DVRs so you can save the celebration :wink:
    mmmmmmmmmmmmm,burnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!! :lol:
    Go Birds!!!!
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    just so you all know...this is exactly the way Hunter Pence hits. I've followed him since I drafted him as a minor leaguer in a now-defunct NL-only league I was in. He'll pop some, but he is an excitable guy at the plate. He's a good defender and has a cannon for an arm. Definite upgrade for you, but not the veritable coup it was made out to be.
This discussion has been closed.