FLASHBACK!!!!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    herbie the love bug....i still love that movie.

caught part of braveheart....then i found my freedom to change the station

last half of diehard.

yay easter. :lol::lol::lol: :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    The new G.I. Joe movie
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The new G.I. Joe movie

was it worth waiting a year?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    spring breakers...... :lol:

What a weird movie. Just Fluff, like watchin an MTV Video on acid. James Franco was pretty good, though there is one disturbing scene involving him and a silencer :lol: Gross

This movie went no where for me...just strange

and what the fuck has Harmony Korine or whatever his fuckin name is done to warrant all his indie cred or whatever the buzz around him is? I know he was a writer on Kids whih was another crazy, yet somewhat enjoyable movie.

This movie was a mindfuck for me.

BTW Dont bring kids to this one, some lady in the theatre brought a bunch of kids there, probably cause Selena Gomez or something. They stayed the whole time as I left I looked at this Mother type like she was nuts :lol: She has alot of explaining to do at home :lol:
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    The Warriors

FLASHBACK!!!!
    :lol:

My prince had never seen it. I told him afterwards, Did you know it's supposed to be set in a dystopian future? He said, It looked more like a dystopian past!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    81 wrote:

last half of diehard.

BEST action movie of all time. and my 2nd fave xmas movie.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    81 wrote:

last half of diehard.

BEST action movie of all time. and my 2nd fave xmas movie.
    Is Ernest Saves Christmas #1???
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    Total Recall (2012)

Compared to the original, it has all the charm of a dump on a doorstep. No Mars, no mutants (there is a chick with 3 boobs, but it just comes off as a random birth defect). Mars is changed to Australia for god's sake. :fp: And even then, you are given no reason to care about what's going on with the people there. It's not even really made clear why they need a resistance to help them until the last 5 seconds of the film, and even then it's a comparatively lackluster purpose.
    It does have a couple of redeeming qualities though. Some of the creative technological ideas are cool, and some of the special effects are neat. There are some cute little references to the old version that i found amusing. And Colin Farrell (Sp?) is a lot nicer to look at than Arnold. But other than that, as a big fan of the original and all its hilarity, big thumbs down.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Immortals
  • lpeddlelpeddle Posts: 293
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Life Of Pi - watched it last night and again tonight. enjoyed it a lot.
    Loved that movie!!

The last one I watched was Singles! It was on TV recently. Great soundtrack :D
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    The new G.I. Joe. Easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen!!! It's was HORRIBLE! Didn't even come close to the first one. The Rock was the only reason I didn't walk out. He was entertaining.
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    The new G.I. Joe. Easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen!!! It's was HORRIBLE! Didn't even come close to the first one. The Rock was the only reason I didn't walk out. He was entertaining.

i thought it was way better than the first one. wasn't nearly as ridiculous i thought. some things were at least plausible.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Lincoln.

Surprised to see Adam from Girls in the film.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    The Warriors

FLASHBACK!!!!
    :lol:

My prince had never seen it. I told him afterwards, Did you know it's supposed to be set in a dystopian future? He said, It looked more like a dystopian past!

Warriors.....Come out & play :lol:

This was very close to NYC living in the 70's ........ Almost

There were plenty of small gangs in NYC then..... :think:

Watched " Flight" last night....OPINION.......He cracked on an opinion :roll: . Other than that I thought it was a very good movie :thumbup:
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Wrath of the Titans. :fp:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    Lincoln.

Surprised to see Adam from Girls in the film.
    I was surprised to see the rich jerk from Pretty In Pink in the film. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Watched " Flight" last night....OPINION.......He cracked on an opinion :roll: . Other than that I thought it was a very good movie :thumbup:
    Not sure what you mean. That he blew it at the hearing because he wouldn't give his opinion?

I thought he finally had a stab of remorse because he was expected to lie about someone he cared about.
    Not sure what you mean. That he blew it at the hearing because he wouldn't give his opinion?

I thought he finally had a stab of remorse because he was expected to lie about someone he cared about.
    Yeah... I thought that part was unrealistic. I would have probably been more satisfied if he'd just done what anyone would have done in reality, which is say what he had to say to save his career, and then go to rehab for a few months.
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Zero Dark Thirty and Argo

Both great movies. Lincoln is next. Want to see The Hobbit too. Why doesnt Red Box have the Hobbit?
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • There Will Be Blood! first time seeing it :shock: :thumbup: :clap: :crazy:

I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!!!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • donnaruhl wrote:
    Last Day's with Michael Pitt
    A parallel to Kirt Cobain. Slow as Hell! I'm amazed I watched the whole thing. :corn:

basically like watching a druggie walk around for 3 days mumbling to himself.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Zero Dark Thirty and Argo

Both great movies. Lincoln is next. Want to see The Hobbit too. Why doesnt Red Box have the Hobbit?
    Contractual issues.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • reesdog wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    reesdog wrote:
    Trying to watch The Tree Of Life....bit of a slog... :-|
    That is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Yep, that was not a good movie experience, Beautifully shot film but damn, the story, what story?? Dull dull dull.

pvr'd it last night. maybe I won't bother now.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    reesdog wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    That is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Yep, that was not a good movie experience, Beautifully shot film but damn, the story, what story?? Dull dull dull.

pvr'd it last night. maybe I won't bother now.
    If you want first hand knowledge of what is the most tedious, pretentious, unwatchable film of all time, go for it. ;)
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Yeah... I thought that part was unrealistic. I would have probably been more satisfied if he'd just done what anyone would have done in reality, which is say what he had to say to save his career, and then go to rehab for a few months.
    I want to talk about this movie with my SIL, who is a recovering alcoholic, to see if she thinks it rings true. From the little I understand, addicts have to hit rock bottom before they will get sober and rock bottom means different things to different people.

I really couldn't figure out which way the movie was going to go, if he was going to sober up or not. I can't see him voluntarily going to rehab or sticking with sobriety unless he was forced to.
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I want to talk about this movie with my SIL, who is a recovering alcoholic, to see if she thinks it rings true. From the little I understand, addicts have to hit rock bottom before they will get sober and rock bottom means different things to different people.

I really couldn't figure out which way the movie was going to go, if he was going to sober up or not. I can't see him voluntarily going to rehab or sticking with sobriety unless he was forced to.
    No, he probably had to go to prison to get sober. It just didn't work for me because I really didn't believe that that character would have done that. I really don't believe that anyone in his position would have done that. The sacrifice was too large, and I don't have that much faith in humankind, apparently. It just didn't ring true. It was a really good movie (with a good soundtrack), but I just didn't like the end because it was unconvincing.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    There Will Be Blood! first time seeing it :shock: :thumbup: :clap: :crazy:

I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!!!

Drainage