Options

What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,605
    edited January 2017
    dankind said:

PJ_Soul said:

Rogue One in the theatre (quite enjoyed it, though wish I'd seen it before Christmas, those that have seen it will understand).

It took me a few seconds to realize what you meant, having seen it before Christmas. And then I was like, "ooohhhh, right, good point."
    I have no idea what this means. Was it any better before Christmas? The version I saw on Sunday sucked donkey dick. Two hours of shooting at each other and about 20 minutes or so of plot. Zero character development and horrible acting. I was so happy to see the annoying leads die.
    :lol: No, it wasn't any better before Christimas IMO. I thought it had almost no story whatsoever. The only reason I'll see the next one is because this family I'm close friends with have made a tradition of seeing the new Star Wars on Christmas Eve and I go with them, lol. They pay thank goodness. :lol: Only enjoyable thing about it was how true they were to the original look and feel of Star Wars. We are talking about the Princess Leia factor, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    LanaJayLanaJay Posts: 524
    My Scene Goes Hollywood: The Movie - I was babysitting. The girls loved it, it was a hit! Cute movie, I liked it.
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    edited January 2017

Anyone notice the t-shirt eddie is wearing on the new homepage band photo?
    Marathon Man.
    Dustin Hoffman starred in it with Roy Scheider. A great 70s movie!
    "Is it safe?"

anybody who remembers this movie? worthwhile?
    it must be cause ed has a shirt of it....
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

Marathon Man.
    "Is it safe?"

Sir Laurence is creepy in this movie.

Black Hawk Down
  • Options

Up. I cried. A lot.

Great show.

I have to admit to being a bit of a sap in movies too. I don't even try to hide it anymore.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Get_Right said:

Get_Right said:

Sing!

Took my niece to see this. We both loved it! My brother said she's been going around the house singing I'm Still Standing.
    Much better than the usual kid friendly movies I usually have to nap through.
    Yep, understood.

I saw Sing Street the other night. Since I am a fan of both Ireland and 80's music I totally loved it.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

Marathon Man.
    "Is it safe?"

Oh it's a classic for sure.

But keep in mind this was a 70s movie.
  • Options

Liked this horror movie a lot.

Canadian Netflix... shitty. Doesn't have it. Just tried to watch it.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    toy story 3
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,180
    Deepwater Horizon
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Infuriating, isn't it? Sometimes I forget to turn off my VPN when I go onto Netflix, which won't play stuff when you have a VPN turned on, but will still list all the shit that is available in the US. So then I get all excited when I see all these good movies, but am foiled once I try to watch them. :angry: So then I turn to Kodi video add-ons and can watch anything I want. Have it your way Netflix Canada.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

This technically comes out Feb 16th, although I watched it on one of those internet sites. I know its not on U.S. Netflix either.
    I just downloaded a VPN finally last night.
  • Options

This technically comes out Feb 16th, although I watched it on one of those internet sites. I know its not on U.S. Netflix either.
    I just downloaded a VPN finally last night.
    Sweet, I'll give it a watch. :)
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,948
    Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia

low budget, mid 1970's, mexican action cult film, pretty decent.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

La La Land. Probably best movie of the year, fantastic! Emma Stone was great! Ryan Gosseling was decent as well

I finally saw this yesterday and loved it!! I wish Hollywood would make more movies like this. It was just beautiful. I also d/l the soundtrack from iTunes.
  • Options
    Inside Out
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

La La Land. Probably best movie of the year, fantastic! Emma Stone was great! Ryan Gosseling was decent as well

I finally saw this yesterday and loved it!! I wish Hollywood would make more movies like this. It was just beautiful. I also d/l the soundtrack from iTunes.
    I'm a sucker for good movies that make great use of L.A. as a character and this ranks right up there with classics like Heat, L.A. Confidential and To Live And Die In L.A. to name a few.
  • Options

I'm a sucker for good movies that make great use of L.A. as a character and this ranks right up there with classics like Heat, L.A. Confidential and To Live And Die In L.A. to name a few.
    Also, not really considered a classic but add 500 Days of Summer to that list.
  • Options

Have you seen The Artist?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    Pete's Dragon - Average family movie. Expected more from preview, but not great
    Jack Reacher - Never Go Back. It was okay, story line felt like I was watching an episode of NCIS.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options

Yes but it's been a while. It won Best Picture a few years ago, right?
  • Options

Yes but it's been a while. It won Best Picture a few years ago, right?
    yes it did. kinda reminded me of lala land a little
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    Walk the line
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
  • Options

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213

i watched this the other night. holy shit was that creepy. the pictures and diagrams of slenderman freaked me out. the story of the girls involved in the stabbing was very interesting though. i can't imagine what those parents have to live with every day. how do you deal with that?
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419

It was a decent idea but there was never a premise presented as to how or why they were all there.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

i watched this the other night. holy shit was that creepy. the pictures and diagrams of slenderman freaked me out. the story of the girls involved in the stabbing was very interesting though. i can't imagine what those parents have to live with every day. how do you deal with that?
    Was def interesting. Goes to show the power of viral phenomenon on the young, specifically those with undiagnosed mental illness. It was the perfect storm and it ultimately destroyed three families. It was amazing that the victim survived.
    Will be interesting to see hat happens with these girls and this trial in the year to come.
  • Options

It was a decent idea but there was never a premise presented as to how or why they were all there.

Yeah, I agree. Good idea with a really weak storyline.