Options

The 'staying in on a Friday night' thread...

Comments

• Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    sure, i got 28 tablets of tylenol and codeine *insert spinning pinwheel eye image here lol* i'm a sharing gal

stb i cut my hand bad last week, all stitched up and owwwiee. i've been going stir crazy being at home :( i can;t wait to feel better so i can be out and about. just have to stay put and mend for now

ouch, sorry to hear that. Hope it is healing well!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    ouch, sorry to hear that. Hope it is healing well!
    thanks! it's taking a while, longer than i had anticipated. i have 11 stitches and i can see there are 2 still left that havent closed up yet. i was taking ibuprofen 800mg but they ended up doing nothing for me. i couldnt take it anymore this morning adn called my doctor. i think she decided to give me this stuff to shut my ass up haha
  • Options
    thanks! it's taking a while, longer than i had anticipated. i have 11 stitches and i can see there are 2 still left that havent closed up yet. i was taking ibuprofen 800mg but they ended up doing nothing for me. i couldnt take it anymore this morning adn called my doctor. i think she decided to give me this stuff to shut my ass up haha

lol, that is too funny! i kno the feeling tho!
    I had 7 stitches in my head two weeks b4 x-mass, told them i NEED vicodine

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    sure, i got 28 tablets of tylenol and codeine *insert spinning pinwheel eye image here lol* i'm a sharing gal

stb i cut my hand bad last week, all stitched up and owwwiee. i've been going stir crazy being at home :( i can;t wait to feel better so i can be out and about. just have to stay put and mend for now

Oh I didn't know :o I am sorry!! I bet you are getting stir crazy.

*hug*

Feel better, B!!
  • Options
    Oh I didn't know :o I am sorry!! I bet you are getting stir crazy.

*hug*

Feel better, B!!
    i have a scar thread floating about here asking for suggestions to minimize scarring, i posted a pic of my paw if you're brave to look :o lol

thanks for the hug, i need all the love i can snag from everybody!
  • Options
    i have a scar thread floating about here asking for suggestions to minimize scarring, i posted a pic of my paw if you're brave to look :o lol

thanks for the hug, i need all the love i can snag from everybody!

Oh funny I saw the title of that and wondered what is about but for some reason I never looked :o

I am not sure.. seeing other people injured really freaks me out :eek:

No worries, you can have a hug any time you like!!!
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    lol, that is too funny! i kno the feeling tho!
    I had 7 stitches in my head two weeks b4 x-mass, told them i NEED vicodine
    owww sorry about your noggen! yeah whats the expression, the squeaky wheel gets the oil. or drugs lol
  • Options
    owww sorry about your noggen! yeah whats the expression, the squeaky wheel gets the oil. or drugs lol

thanks... and yes it does!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    I'm here!
    When life gives you lemons, throw them at somebody.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I'm here too. ;) Hubby is sick and I've been working every day since the 1st - and I'm a volunteer. :( I'm working tomorrow but then two days off! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Go wolf!
    When life gives you lemons, throw them at somebody.
  • Options
    Go wolf!
    Hey thanks! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    told them i NEED vicodine

THIS....exxxplains SO MUCH!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    I'm here too. ;) Hubby is sick and I've been working every day since the 1st - and I'm a volunteer. :( I'm working tomorrow but then two days off! :)
    sorry about hubby, just look forward to the days off, they'll be here soon! :)
  • Options
    sorry about hubby, just look forward to the days off, they'll be here soon! :)
    Thanks Chiqui! :) It's all good. He just has a bad cold and I'm working on rearranging my volunteer hours. The work I was doing is now a full time job, so I will still be volunteering, but in a different way. :)
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Thanks Chiqui! :) It's all good. He just has a bad cold and I'm working on rearranging my volunteer hours. The work I was doing is now a full time job, so I will still be volunteering, but in a different way. :)
    both my parents have bad colds, there are some bad bugs floating about. what type of volunteering do you do?

side note - tylenol + codeine + coffee + koala = MAGICMOMENTS lol
  • Options
    both my parents have bad colds, there are some bad bugs floating about. what type of volunteering do you do?

side note - tylenol + codeine + coffee + koala = MAGICMOMENTS lol
    I was doing all of the accounting, but we acquired another contract that entails much more work. They need a full time person now, so I will be filling in as needed and back to my semi-retired position which I am very happy about! :)
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    I was doing all of the accounting, but we acquired another contract that entails much more work. They need a full time person now, so I will be filling in as needed and back to my semi-retired position which I am very happy about! :)
    coolio. i'm ready to retire already haha
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,383
    I looked at a ton of places in union but they were all super expensive for a place that was falling down and miles from the T!

Holy shit...I'm just rifling through this thread and start reading about my hood! I'm in Winter Hill...the Gateway to Medford. Ever been to The Burren on Tuesday for open mic? Hit it on the right night and it's a blast.

The Field...I've finished the job there after stumbling out of the Middle East more than once.

Sligo used to be cool before they turned up the lights, replaced the jukebox, and removed the Golden Tee. Phoenix Landing on Saturdays is a blast. And I'm actually off to Johnny D's tonight...

Ok, that's enough...just got a little excited for good Somerville/Cambridge talk.
  • Options
    hmmm...no one has mentioned my fav bar in Somerville yet.

and that's GOOD ;)
  • Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    hmmm...no one has mentioned my fav bar in Somerville yet.

and that's GOOD ;)

Magoon's?
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    almost always stay in on friday nights. hubby works weekends, but is off thursdays/fridays...so usually friday being the end of my workweek, just relax with dinner/dvd/candles at home. this friday was a rare night out....NYC meet-up...great time! :D saturday nights are *our* nights......nowadays trying to branch out, hit up new restaurants, couple bottles of wine....and home.......;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    Magoon's?
    nope!
  • Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    nope!

Independent? Tir Na Nog? Now I'm really curious...
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    Independent? Tir Na Nog? Now I'm really curious...

Nope. How long have you lived in Somerville??

muahahaha
  • Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    Nope. How long have you lived in Somerville??

muahahaha

Almost five years. If you say On The Hill Tavern...
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    Almost five years. If you say On The Hill Tavern...
    lol no....see this is why I love this place. Not many people know it's there or they overlook it.

No more guesses tho, my friend. We all gotta protect our gems while they last :)
  • Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    lol no....see this is why I love this place. Not many people know it's there or they overlook it.

No more guesses tho, my friend. We all gotta protect our gems while they last :)

PJ Ryans?
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    Holy shit...I'm just rifling through this thread and start reading about my hood! I'm in Winter Hill...the Gateway to Medford. Ever been to The Burren on Tuesday for open mic? Hit it on the right night and it's a blast.

The Field...I've finished the job there after stumbling out of the Middle East more than once.

Sligo used to be cool before they turned up the lights, replaced the jukebox, and removed the Golden Tee. Phoenix Landing on Saturdays is a blast. And I'm actually off to Johnny D's tonight...

Ok, that's enough...just got a little excited for good Somerville/Cambridge talk.

is the phoenix landing a really young dance crowd though? I've always gotten that impression.

I've never actually gone in sligo. I always walk by and it looks very cheesy. which is weird because I heard that there's a huge gathering of irish immigrants there.
  • Options
    PJ Ryans?
    Nope...the only way I'm tellin' is if you agree to go there and hang out.

C'mon GTD, they got free popcorn and trivia on Thursday haha.