Options

The 'staying in on a Friday night' thread...

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    Nope...the only way I'm tellin' is if you agree to go there and hang out.

C'mon GTD, they got free popcorn and trivia on Thursday haha.

um sure...I'll go there and hang out...

I don't know anywhere that has trivia on thursdays. hmm is it that place on somerville ave toward union square that's kinda in the middle of nowhere?
  • Options
    um sure...I'll go there and hang out...

I don't know anywhere that has trivia on thursdays. hmm is it that place on somerville ave toward union square that's kinda in the middle of nowhere?
    SHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    SHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

ah. do you play kickball by any chance?
  • Options
    ah. do you play kickball by any chance?
    lol no, why?
  • Options
    Saturnal wrote:
    lol no, why?

oh good, I think that's a positive thing :)

because I happen to know that kickballers hang out at that bar on a regular basis.
  • Options
    oh good, I think that's a positive thing :)

because I happen to know that kickballers hang out at that bar on a regular basis.
    hmm yea I never really noticed, but I've only been there a few times...don't get up to Somerville that often now. I just love love that bar for whatever reason.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,322
    is the phoenix landing a really young dance crowd though? I've always gotten that impression.

I've never actually gone in sligo. I always walk by and it looks very cheesy. which is weird because I heard that there's a huge gathering of irish immigrants there.

What the hell? Are you in Boston? I'm running into you everywhere on here today.

Yeah...Phoenix Landing is kind of a younger crowd, but the dj spins mostly 80s stuff on Saturdays. I'm not a dance club guy, but it's dark, small, and fun. With Sligo, you're right on both counts...lots of Tufts kids and Irish ex-pats. I think they changed management and it's not really worth going into anymore because of the aforementioned changes. It used to be a cool scene with $3 Guinness.

Saturnal, I'm pretty sure I know what bar you're talking about now. I've never been there, but I hear it's kinda snazzy...*cough*.
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    What the hell? Are you in Boston? I'm running into you everywhere on here today.

yeah, well I've been on here a lot today (nothing to do at work).
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    Saturnal, I'm pretty sure I know what bar you're talking about now. I've never been there, but I hear it's kinda snazzy...*cough*.

hah...tell all your friends it stinks and to never go there :)