Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    kenshunt wrote:
    August 31, 2007
    A case of Salmelainen

Tony Salmelainen, a one-time Toronto Roadrunner, is trying to return to the Big Smoke as a member of the Maple Leafs.

The 26-year-old winger is in negotiations with the Maple Leafs and, if he can get his name on a contract, he'll be in camp next month at the Ricoh Coliseum -- the former home of the Oilers' short-lived Toronto farm club.

Salmelainen played that campaign for the Toronto Roadrunners, Edmonton's ill-fated AHL farm team, and showed the promise that made him a second-round pick of the Oilers in 1999.

The speedy, 5' 9 forward had 19 goals and 44 points in 58 games for Toronto in 2003/04, good enough for a 13-game NHL call-up. He went with the Roadrunners to Edmonton, then home to Finland where he was the top scorer and top player in that country's elite league in 2005-06.

Salmelainen was traded to Montreal with Jassen Cullimore for one-time hotshot Sergei Samsonov earlier this summer. The Habs then bought out both players, making them unrestricted free agents.

Most likely not, but you never know.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    i know i was being sarcastic, but i haven't posted in this thread in awhile, so thought i'd put some news in here.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    i know i was being sarcastic, but i haven't posted in this thread in awhile, so thought i'd put some news in here.

Wait'll NYPJ comes on to yell at you for reviving your own thread.
    And I'm glad you were being sarcastic. I was trying not to be mean :P
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    What ever happened to Lonny Bohonus?

The guy looked super in carrying the Laughs on his back during another of TO's very brief playoff runs and then never appeared in a Laugh shirt again.
    You've changed your place in this world!
    even flow? wrote:
    What ever happened to Lonny Bohonus?

The guy looked super in carrying the Laughs on his back during another of TO's very brief playoff runs and then never appeared in a Laugh shirt again.

I really don't know what happened to him, but every once in awhile Grapes still mentions him.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    Lonny Bohonos Center
    Born May 20 1973 -- Winnipeg, MAN
    Height 5.11 -- Weight 190 -- Shoots R

Regular Season Playoffs
    Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
    1991-92 Moose Jaw Warriors WHL 8 1 1 2 0 -- -- -- -- --
    1992-93 Seattle Thunderbirds WHL 46 13 13 26 27 -- -- -- -- --
    1992-93 Portland Winter Hawks WHL 27 20 17 37 16 15 8 13 21 19
    1993-94 Portland Winter Hawks WHL 70 62 90 152 80 10 8 11 19 13
    1994-95 Syracuse Crunch AHL 67 30 45 75 71 -- -- -- -- --
    1995-96 Syracuse Crunch AHL 74 40 39 79 82 16 14 8 22 16
    1995-96 Vancouver Canucks NHL 3 0 1 1 0 -- -- -- -- --
    1996-97 Syracuse Crunch AHL 41 22 30 52 28 3 2 2 4 4
    1996-97 Vancouver Canucks NHL 36 11 11 22 10 -- -- -- -- --
    1997-98 Syracuse Crunch AHL 17 12 12 24 8 -- -- -- -- --
    1997-98 St. John's Maple Leafs AHL 11 7 9 16 10 2 1 1 2 2
    1997-98 Vancouver Canucks NHL 31 2 1 3 4 -- -- -- -- --
    1997-98 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL 6 3 3 6 4 -- -- -- -- --
    1998-99 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL 7 3 0 3 4 9 3 6 9 2
    1998-99 St. John's Maple Leafs AHL 70 34 48 82 40 5 2 4 6 2
    1999-00 Manitoba Moose IHL 63 18 33 51 45 2 0 0 0 2
    2000-01 Davos Swiss-A 43 28 32 60 42 4 0 1 1 2
    2001-02 Davos Swiss-A 43 20 26 46 22
    2002-03 Davos Swiss-A 44 22 21 43 46
    2003-04 Zurich Swiss-A 44 22 21 43 26 11 3 8 11 31
    2004-05 Fort Worth Brahmas CHL 2 0 2 2 2 -- -- -- -- --
    2004-05 Chicago Wolves AHL 62 20 37 57 18 18 3 9 12 6
    2005-06 Mannheim Eagles DEL 19 4 9 13 20 -- -- -- -- --
    NHL Totals 83 19 16 35 22 9 3 6 9

i guess he's still playing hockey
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    Bell Placed in NHL/NHLPA Substance Abuse Program Sep 4, 2007, 3:21 PM EDT
    Bell September 4, 2007

(NEW YORK/TORONTO) -- The National Hockey League and National Hockey League Players’ Association announced today that Toronto Maple Leafs forward Mark Bell has been placed in Stage 2 of the Substance Abuse & Behavioral Health program of the NHLPA and the NHL.

Per the terms of the SABH program, a player who is convicted of a controlled-substance offence (including under a plea arrangement or similar procedure), is assessed by the program doctors and staged appropriately.

Bell recently pleaded no contest in California to charges of driving under the influence of alcohol and hit-and-run.

By reason of his Stage 2 placement, Bell is suspended without pay until reinstated for on-ice competition by the program doctors after consultation with the NHL and NHLPA. The program doctors will make a clinical determination as to the training camp activities in which Bell may be allowed to participate.

The program’s doctors, Dr. Brian Shaw on behalf of the NHLPA and Dr. Dave Lewis on behalf of the NHL, are administering Bell’s care.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    My 1, 000 post is in the best hockey teams thread :)
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Sorry guys, but the Leafs are going nowhere fast.
    NHL suspends Leafs' Bell for 15 games
    Mark Bell

TSN.ca Staff

9/12/2007 5:36:33 PM

Toronto Maple Leafs' Mark Bell was suspended without pay for 15 regular-season games by the NHL on Wednesday.

The suspension stems from a driving under the influence of alcohol incident in California on September 1st, 2006. Bell will serve six months in county jail at the end of the season as a result. The 27-year-old was with the San Jose Sharks at the time.

"Playing in the National Hockey League is a privilege, and with that privilege comes a corresponding responsibility for exemplary conduct off the ice as well as on it," said NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman.

"However, over the past year, Mark has made extraordinary strides in his rehabilitation," added Bettman. "This positive progress was a material factor in reducing what could have been a lengthier suspension."

"The NHLPA sees no basis for the excessive suspension Gary Bettman has imposed upon Mark Bell. Mark has fully accepted the serious consequences of his actions. He faces incarceration at the conclusion of the season and has already been suspended without pay as a result of his placement in Stage 2 of the NHL/NHLPA Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health program (SABH). There is no legitimate purpose served by adding a substantial league disciplinary suspension to the severe sanctions that have already been imposed.

We are currently reviewing all of our legal options with respect to this matter."

In August, Bell pleaded no contest to drunk driving and hit and run charges. He has been put into stage two of the NHL's substance abuse program.

In order to be reinstated to active status, Bell will require the recommendation of the doctors who administer his care under the joint Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health program of the NHL and NHLPA. The suspension will begin once he has been reinstated.

"The NHL supports Mark's commitment to learning from his past mistakes and his efforts to move his life forward in a positive direction," said Bettman.

Bell will be allowed to practice and train with the team during the suspension.

http://www.tsn.ca
    What a joke Dany Heatley kills his team mate and get's no suspension a few years back, i guess this is how the Leafs get treated for being in one of the biggest hockey markets.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Hockey Players are treated to kindly by the NHL....it's a joke really.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    http://stats.nypost.com/nhl/story.asp?i=20070912230617910000101&ref=hea&tm=

i think the hit and run charge is more damaging--
    terrible situation to have to deal with !

Maple Leafs forward Mark Bell suspended by NHL for 15 games

NEW YORK (AP) Toronto Maple Leafs forward Mark Bell was suspended for 15 games without pay Wednesday by the NHL after his plea last month of no contest to drunken driving and hit-and-run charges.

"Playing in the National Hockey League is a privilege, and with that privilege comes a corresponding responsibility for exemplary conduct off the ice as well as on it," commissioner Gary Bettman said.

"Yeah I think the length of the suspension was a surprise," Bell said at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto after the announcement. "I haven't been in contact with the league until about 48 hours ago, but I respect the decision the commissioner made and I look forward to moving on in a positive manner - as I have been for the last year."

Bell is in Stage 2 of the NHL's substance abuse program. He was suspended indefinitely Sept. 4, and the suspension will start once he's cleared to return by the program's doctors. The doctors also will determine what, if any, activities Bell can participate in when Toronto opens training camp Thursday.

"The NHLPA sees no basis for the excessive suspension Gary Bettman has imposed upon Mark Bell," said Ian Penny, the NHL Players' Association's associate counsel.

"Mark has fully accepted the serious consequences of his actions. He faces incarceration at the conclusion of the season and has already been suspended without pay as a result of his placement in Stage 2. ... There is no legitimate purpose served by adding a substantial league disciplinary suspension to the severe sanctions that have already been imposed. We are currently reviewing all of our legal options with respect to this matter."

Bell was arrested in September 2006 after his sedan rear-ended a pickup truck in Milpitas, Calif., in the San Jose foothills.

Bell is expected to serve six months in a California jail, beginning after this season. Santa Clara County prosecutor Cindy Seeley Hendrickson said Bell could complete the sentence over the next two offseasons under the agreement, which has yet to be entered in court.

The Maple Leafs acquired Bell in June along with goalie Vesa Toskala in a trade with the San Jose Sharks.

"I'm going to continue to get in the best shape of my life," Bell said. "I'm not just going to sit around. This is time that I will use to become a better hockey player. I want to show all Maple Leaf fans and the whole league what kind of player that I am."
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,152
    New gay Leaf movie....Ken do you know if this is based on a true story?

http://sports.sympatico.msn.ca/Tom+Cavanagh+doesnt+mind+that+his+new+movie+has+been+dubbed+gay+hockey+movie/NHL/ContentPosting.aspx?isfa=1&newsitemid=66071031&feedname=CP-SPORTS-HOCKEY&show=True&number=6&showbyline=False&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc

Tom Cavanagh doesn't mind that his new movie has been dubbed 'gay hockey movie'
    08/09/2007 7:26:00 PM

TORONTO (CP) - Actor Tom Cavanagh isn't at all bothered that his new film, "Breakfast With Scot," is being called "the gay hockey movie."

Actor Tom Cavanagh is shown in a scene from the film "Breakfast with Scot," shown at the Toronto International Film Festival. (CP PHOTO/HO)
    "I think that the attention that (label) gives the movie is more than anything you could do with any publicity campaign," Cavanagh, who played the title character on the TV series "Ed," said in an interview Saturday at the Toronto International Film Festival.

"If you see the movie, you realize at once that it isn't a gay hockey movie but it doesn't really matter ... If people want to throw a tagline on it that makes it easy to digest or easier to talk about, then more the better for us .... We'll fan those flames."

In "Breakfast With Scot," Cavanagh plays a gay ex-Toronto Maple Leaf whose life is turned upside down when he and his partner suddenly find themselves caring for a flamboyant young boy.

The NHL and the Leafs gave permission for their logos to be used in the movie, something that Toronto-raised director Laurie Lynd says has never before been done for a gay-themed movie.

But some hockey fans are evidently not happy about "Breakfast With Scot." The Leafs heard from a couple of right-wing groups in the United States and Lynd says he got hate mail.

Cavanagh was surprised by the ruckus that erupted around the film.

"When the news broke (that we were making the movie), we were filming and there was controversy on the sports call-in shows. ....We were amazed. First off, we couldn't believe that anyone was talking about our movie, and second ... it's 2007, 2006 when we shot it; it took me by surprise that it would be an issue."

"In a strange way, even though they were upset about the fact that we were using the Maple Leafs logo and the NHL logo, the angrier they got, the better it got for our movie."

While controversy has surrounded "Breakfast With Scot," the film itself is a fairly conventional family comedy as Scot (played by 12-year-old Noah Bernett of Montreal) struggles to fit in at school and develop a relationship with Cavanagh's character, Eric, and Eric's partner (played by Ben Shenkman).

Cavanagh was born in Ottawa and grew up cheering for the Montreal Canadiens. Since he moved to the U.S., he says he roots for all Canadian teams. Getting to lace up in the Leafs uniform and shoot scenes at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton, Ont., was a thrill for the actor.

"At one point we had to set the cameras up and I put the jersey on and I had to wait for them to set up, we had about an hour. I was out there by myself - stick and puck - Copps Coliseum to myself," he said.

"I kind of looked over and looked at the wing and I was like 'that's the wing where Gretzky passed to Lemieux. ' You're standing on the same ice ... and you're getting paid to do it. If you're a hockey fan at all, that kind of stuff is great."
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Hawkshore wrote:
    New gay Leaf movie....Ken do you know if this is based on a true story?

http://sports.sympatico.msn.ca/Tom+Cavanagh+doesnt+mind+that+his+new+movie+has+been+dubbed+gay+hockey+movie/NHL/ContentPosting.aspx?isfa=1&newsitemid=66071031&feedname=CP-SPORTS-HOCKEY&show=True&number=6&showbyline=False&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc

Tom Cavanagh doesn't mind that his new movie has been dubbed 'gay hockey movie'
    08/09/2007 7:26:00 PM

TORONTO (CP) - Actor Tom Cavanagh isn't at all bothered that his new film, "Breakfast With Scot," is being called "the gay hockey movie."

Actor Tom Cavanagh is shown in a scene from the film "Breakfast with Scot," shown at the Toronto International Film Festival. (CP PHOTO/HO)
    "I think that the attention that (label) gives the movie is more than anything you could do with any publicity campaign," Cavanagh, who played the title character on the TV series "Ed," said in an interview Saturday at the Toronto International Film Festival.

"If you see the movie, you realize at once that it isn't a gay hockey movie but it doesn't really matter ... If people want to throw a tagline on it that makes it easy to digest or easier to talk about, then more the better for us .... We'll fan those flames."

In "Breakfast With Scot," Cavanagh plays a gay ex-Toronto Maple Leaf whose life is turned upside down when he and his partner suddenly find themselves caring for a flamboyant young boy.

The NHL and the Leafs gave permission for their logos to be used in the movie, something that Toronto-raised director Laurie Lynd says has never before been done for a gay-themed movie.

But some hockey fans are evidently not happy about "Breakfast With Scot." The Leafs heard from a couple of right-wing groups in the United States and Lynd says he got hate mail.

Cavanagh was surprised by the ruckus that erupted around the film.

"When the news broke (that we were making the movie), we were filming and there was controversy on the sports call-in shows. ....We were amazed. First off, we couldn't believe that anyone was talking about our movie, and second ... it's 2007, 2006 when we shot it; it took me by surprise that it would be an issue."

"In a strange way, even though they were upset about the fact that we were using the Maple Leafs logo and the NHL logo, the angrier they got, the better it got for our movie."

While controversy has surrounded "Breakfast With Scot," the film itself is a fairly conventional family comedy as Scot (played by 12-year-old Noah Bernett of Montreal) struggles to fit in at school and develop a relationship with Cavanagh's character, Eric, and Eric's partner (played by Ben Shenkman).

Cavanagh was born in Ottawa and grew up cheering for the Montreal Canadiens. Since he moved to the U.S., he says he roots for all Canadian teams. Getting to lace up in the Leafs uniform and shoot scenes at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton, Ont., was a thrill for the actor.

"At one point we had to set the cameras up and I put the jersey on and I had to wait for them to set up, we had about an hour. I was out there by myself - stick and puck - Copps Coliseum to myself," he said.

"I kind of looked over and looked at the wing and I was like 'that's the wing where Gretzky passed to Lemieux. ' You're standing on the same ice ... and you're getting paid to do it. If you're a hockey fan at all, that kind of stuff is great."

haha hawk is bitter
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,152
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    haha hawk is bitter

Bitter about the Leafs??? :confused:
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    Well i don't beleaf this is a true story, but i guess ill wait and see if this is based on a true story or not.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Bitter about the Leafs??? :confused:

just kidding

i meant u were bitter because the story wasnt about a canuck lol
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    just kidding

i meant u were bitter because the story wasnt about a canuck lol

It would make more sense if it was based on former Canuck Pavel Bure oh yeah and former Ranger too.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    It would make more sense if it was based on former Canuck Pavel Bure oh yeah and former Ranger too.

the few games he played w/ us he scored like a madman

and the high stick to jay wells in the cup was huge
    Well Tuesday is almost here and it's time for Pre-Season hockey to begin, Leafs v.s Oilers 9:00 pm EST :)
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Well i don't beleaf this is a true story, but i guess ill wait and see if this is based on a true story or not.

I'm pretty sure it isn't.
    Here's a good article for you Ken - http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Top10/
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Looking sharp for two teams that didn't make the playoffs last year. ;)
    You've changed your place in this world!
    Leafs Fall To Oilers In Overtime Canadian Press Sep 18, 2007, 10:50 PM EDT
    EDMONTON (CP) -- Defenceman Denis Grebeshkov scored 3:25 into overtime as the Edmonton Oilers won their second in a row to start the pre-season, defeating the Toront 3-2 on Tuesday.

Grebeshkov, acquired last season from the New York Islanders, took a Shawn Horcoff feed and fluttered a shot past Leafs goalie Justin Pogge to secure the win in front of a sellout crowd of 16,839 at Rexall Place.

Viacheslav Trukhno and Horcoff also scored for the Oilers.

Alexei Ponikarovsky and Bryan McCabe replied for the Maple Leafs, playing their first exhibition match of the year.

The two teams traded power-play goals late in the first.

Edmonton's Trukhno picked up a rebound at the side of the net on a two-man advantage and beat Pogge just past the 15-minute mark.

Less than two minutes later, Darcy Tucker sent Ponikarovsky in on a breakaway and he wristed a shot past Oilers netminder Mathieu Garon to tie the game 1-1.

Toronto took the lead three minutes into the third as McCabe blasted a slap shot up high past replacement goaltender Devan Dubnyk, another power-play goal.

Edmonton responded five minutes later. Shawn Horcoff found a loose puck in a scramble in front of the Leafs net and set a backhand shot through Pogge's legs to knot the game 2-2 and send it into overtime.

Notes: Forward Anson Carter played his first game in an Oilers jersey since coming to the team on a training camp audition last weekend, but left the game with a concussion in the first period. The 33-year-old Toronto native, who has played for eight NHL teams, last suited up for the Oilers in the 2002-03 season. ... Edmonton also lost defenceman Mathieu Roy in the first after he took a Jeremy Williams shot in the face. ... The Oilers unveiled their impressive new locker-room at Rexall Place on Monday. The new 930-square metre expansion project cost $3.5 million.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • kenshunt wrote:
    Leafs Fall To Oilers In Overtime Canadian Press Sep 18, 2007, 10:50 PM EDT
    EDMONTON (CP) -- Defenceman Denis Grebeshkov scored 3:25 into overtime as the Edmonton Oilers won their second in a row to start the pre-season, defeating the Toront 3-2 on Tuesday.

Grebeshkov, acquired last season from the New York Islanders, took a Shawn Horcoff feed and fluttered a shot past Leafs goalie Justin Pogge to secure the win in front of a sellout crowd of 16,839 at Rexall Place.

Viacheslav Trukhno and Horcoff also scored for the Oilers.

Alexei Ponikarovsky and Bryan McCabe replied for the Maple Leafs, playing their first exhibition match of the year.

The two teams traded power-play goals late in the first.

Edmonton's Trukhno picked up a rebound at the side of the net on a two-man advantage and beat Pogge just past the 15-minute mark.

Less than two minutes later, Darcy Tucker sent Ponikarovsky in on a breakaway and he wristed a shot past Oilers netminder Mathieu Garon to tie the game 1-1.

Toronto took the lead three minutes into the third as McCabe blasted a slap shot up high past replacement goaltender Devan Dubnyk, another power-play goal.

Edmonton responded five minutes later. Shawn Horcoff found a loose puck in a scramble in front of the Leafs net and set a backhand shot through Pogge's legs to knot the game 2-2 and send it into overtime.

Notes: Forward Anson Carter played his first game in an Oilers jersey since coming to the team on a training camp audition last weekend, but left the game with a concussion in the first period. The 33-year-old Toronto native, who has played for eight NHL teams, last suited up for the Oilers in the 2002-03 season. ... Edmonton also lost defenceman Mathieu Roy in the first after he took a Jeremy Williams shot in the face. ... The Oilers unveiled their impressive new locker-room at Rexall Place on Monday. The new 930-square metre expansion project cost $3.5 million.

Watched this game last night on-line and I must say holy fucking penalties....decent pace to the game I thought....happy with the outcome :)...as for Carter he was never gonna to make the team anyways...however I do hope he gets better.....
    Well last night was a bummer, but nice to see the blue and white back on the ice, but it's time for some more hockey tonight.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • kenshunt wrote:
    Well last night was a bummer, but nice to see the blue and white back on the ice, but it's time for some more hockey tonight.

Sundin and Blake should be in tonight eh?

Toskala starting?
    Yeah i believe Sundin and Blake will be playing from what i heard last night, as for Vesa, i have no clue, i was surprised to see Pogge last night with Raycroft and Clemmenson on the team to.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • kenshunt wrote:
    Yeah i believe Sundin and Blake will be playing from what i heard last night, as for Vesa, i have no clue, i was surprised to see Pogge last night with Raycroft and Clemmenson on the team to.

He didn't look too shabby.....nice to see him play the entire game....
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Hey guys, there's still Leafs tix available for those who lucked out. The only down side is they make you buy 4 pairs pairs of Marlies tix, so in total it costs $370 for 5 pairs of tix (only one being Leafs)...just thought I'd pass it onto fellow jammers...

"Hey.

Purchase your Leafs Nation Pack and Experience The Passion of Maple Leafs and Marlies hockey!

Watch your favourite Leafs take on Sidney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin or watch them battle the Montreal Canadiens in an original six showdown. And, experience the passion and excitement of a Toronto Marlies game - a great opportunity to watch the Leafs of tomorrow.

Your Leafs Nation Pack includes two tickets to one of the following Toronto Maple Leafs* sold out games:

October 13 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins
    October 29 vs. Washington Capitals
    November 13 vs. Montreal Canadians
    PLUS, two tickets to each of the following Toronto Marlies games:

October 6 vs. Rochester Americans (Home Opener)
    October 28 vs. Syracuse Crunch (Wendel Clark Bobblehead Night**)
    November 18 vs. Rockford IceHogs (Mats Sundin Bobblehead Night**)
    December 9 vs. Milwaukee Admirals (Steve Thomas Bobblehead Night**)
    Packages cost $370 each. Call 416-597-PUCK (7825) to purchase yours today. Hurry...You don't want to miss this opportunity to Experience The Passion of Leafs Nation hockey!

Toronto Marlies Hockey Club
    // Grit, Guts and Game"
    September 19, 2007

Leafs vs. Coyotes - Sept. 19, 2007
    WINNIPEG (CP) -- It's still early in the pre-season, but the Toronto Maple Leafs' new top line is already looking good.

Newly acquired forward Jason Blake scored the tying goal as the Leafs went on to beat the Phoenix Coyotes 3-2 in NHL exhibition action Wednesday night.

It was the first game together for the line of Blake, Mats Sundin and Nik Antropov and their performance showed promise as the trio created numerous scoring opportunities.

``It's all about timing, jumping in the holes for me and what Mats is going to do and what Nik is going to do,'' said Blake, the former New York Islander who signed a five-year deal with Toronto in July.

``Once we get more comfortable like we did in the third period, I think things should be good.''

Chad Kilger scored the winning goal on Phoenix netminder Alex Auld at 12:03 of the third period in front of 13,417 fans at MTS Centre in Winnipeg.

Alex Steen had the other goal for Toronto (1-1-0). Martin Hanzal and Daniel Winnik replied for the Coyotes (1-1-1).

The two teams play each other again Thursday night in Toronto.

Blake tied the game 2-2 five minutes into the third period after Sundin curled around the back of the net and flipped a backhand shot at the net. Blake was standing at the side and shot the puck past Auld.

``You can't draw too many conclusions after one exhibition game, but I thought we created some chances,'' Sundin said. ``Coming from behind like that is always nice. We'll take the win.''

Toronto head coach Paul Maurice liked the effort he saw, even though he knew his players were tired after getting into Winnipeg at 3 a.m.

Kilger's goal was an example of that effort, he said.

Leafs forward Bates Battaglia had sent a pass from behind the net to Kilger out in front, who was starting to fall when he shot the puck.

``Chad is having a really good camp,'' Maurice said. ``What he's become is a real versatile player.

``We've played him left wing, we've played him centre, we've used him to kill penalties, but he's also got a big shot.''

Maurice said he'll put a younger line-up on the ice for Thursday's game.

Winnipeg-born Steen, playing his first pro game in the city where his father Thomas left his mark with the former Winnipeg Jets, scored Toronto's first goal of the game. On the power play, Steen sent a rebound from teammate Andy Wozniewski's shot past Auld at 9:43.

The crowd appeared divided between the Maple Leafs and Coyotes, judging by the number of Toronto and Phoenix jerseys in the crowd. There were even a few Jets shirts, even though the franchise left for Phoenix after the 1995-96 season.

Hanzal tied the game for Phoenix at 8:09 of the second period on a deflected pass that snuck past netminder Andrew Raycroft. Hanzal was Phoenix's first-round pick (17th overall) in the 2005 draft. The centre played with the Red Deer Rebels of the Western Hockey League last season.

Four minutes later, Winnik made it 2-1 on a shot that had the crowd confused for a moment. Winnik's bullet wrist shot looked like it hit the crossbar and zipped out, where it was slapped in by Hanzal. It ended up that Winnik's shot had hit the inside of the net.

Winnik played for San Antonio of the American Hockey League last season.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013