Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

Comments

• kenshunt wrote:
    Im gonna have a heart attack, a powerplay

OMG A shootout!!! We're ALL gonna have a heart attack!!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    C'mon Clemmensen
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
    well im still here i haven't had a serve heart attack, but c'mon u had to know he was gonna poke check
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • kenshunt wrote:
    well im still here i haven't had a serve heart attack, but c'mon u had to know he was gonna poke check

yeah, especially after he did it the first time.......
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Damnit...I wanted to see a Leafs vs Buffalo series....those games are nuts...oh well....LETS GO RANGERS
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • prljamgirlprljamgirl Posts: 602
    Sorry guys, I really wanted to see you make it......
    aBoxOfFear wrote:
    yeah, especially after he did it the first time.......
    and he did it against the rangers to
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I really don't like the Leafs and are glad they missed the playoffs, but to lose a playoff spot because a team won a shootout, that sucks.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    beemster wrote:
    I really don't like the Leafs and are glad they missed the playoffs, but to lose a playoff because a team won a shootout, that sucks.
    Well that's not how they really missed the playoffs, they had a chance to beat the isladers a couple games ago and didn't, they had a chance to beat buffalo when they had a 4-1 lead, they also should have beat the capitals a couple weeks ago.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    kenshunt wrote:
    Well that's not how they really missed the playoffs, they had a chance to beat the isladers a couple games ago and didn't, they had a chance to beat buffalo when they had a 4-1 lead, they also should have beat the capitals a couple weeks ago.

I'll give you that, just to me hockey is a team game and should not be decided by a skills competition.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Ten DudeTen Dude Posts: 50
    beemster wrote:
    I'll give you that, just to me hockey is a team game and should not be decided by a skills competition.

Exactly.
  • BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    dam so close .... maybe next year biotchs hahahahhahahaha ....:)

it would have been a wild series . toronto /buffalo always exciting... should be an interesting off season for toronto though ...
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

i was rooting hard for the devils

o well now buffalo rolls over the sticks
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    so can we finally get rid of john ferguson jr now?
  • SkeeterBSkeeterB Posts: 423
    Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!!!!!!!!

Let's Go Islanders. Let's bring back memories of the early 80's (yikes). Dubie is the MAN!

Giving up that goal with .8 seconds was a microcosm of the whole season...blowing late leads. Nevertheless, Isles in, Toronto and Montreal OUT. Isles predicted to be the worst team in the league headed into the season...Nolan knows wha he's doing.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    This is what happens with pathetic management and a one name team. This year we got to see that Sundin's shoulders just were not big or strong enough to carry the rest of the stiffs. Oh boy! They almost made the playoffs. Real teams don't wait until the end of the season to make the playoffs in the NHL where almost every team make them. Disgusting!
    You've changed your place in this world!
    Sign Ryan Smyth in July, i know im jumping the gun, but hes like 1 of 3 good free agents
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • SkeeterBSkeeterB Posts: 423
    kenshunt wrote:
    Sign Ryan Smyth in July, i know im jumping the gun, but hes like 1 of 3 good fee agents

I'd be shocked if the isles let him go without a major fight. they wouldn't have given up the whole house if they didn't think they could re-sign him. just my 2 cents.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
    i know what you are saying, i just think he is one of the best under rated players in the league today and would love to see him wearing blue and white.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Well game one of all the series have started and I wonder how the Leaf nation are enjoying watching some real hockey.
    You've changed your place in this world!
    All hockey is real, i do wish the Leafs were involved, but im still enjoying the action
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Thoughts on Blake, or missing out on any FA's?

I'm not too familar with Blake, but his numbers look good - guess we'll see. I don't mind picking up a vetern, since our young guns should be ready to go this year. Can't wait to see how guys like Welly, Pohl, Devereaux, Stajan, Steen and White will come to play this year - with another year under their belt.
    Jail time tolls for new Leaf Bell
    August 14, 2007

Sportsnet.ca -- Newly acquired Toronto Maple Leaf Mark Bell is headed to jail, Sportsnet has learned.

Bell pleaded guilty in a San Jose courtroom Tuesday to charges of drunk driving causing injury and hit and run.

The Leaf forward, picked up in the Vesa Toskala trade with San Jose in June, will be sentenced to six months in a Santa Clara ,California county jail to be served at the end of this upcoming season.

Official sentencing will be in October.

The charges stem from an incident in San Jose on Labour Day last year when Bell's vehicle rear-ended a pickup truck in the early morning hours, leaving the driver of the truck with head injuries.

Bell fled the scene only to be found a short distance away by San Jose police.

Leafs' GM John Ferguson had little to say when reached by Sportsnet.

"I will reserve comment until I can more fully review the situation," he said.

Bell started his NHL career in Chicago in 2000 after a successful junior career in Ottawa. He was subsequently dealt to the Sharks last summer and then became part of the Leafs organization after John Ferguson made the trade to acquire Toskala at this year's NHL draft.

Bell has two years remaining on a three-year $6.5 million dollar contract.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    kenshunt wrote:
    Jail time tolls for new Leaf Bell
    August 14, 2007

Sportsnet.ca -- Newly acquired Toronto Maple Leaf Mark Bell is headed to jail, Sportsnet has learned.

Bell pleaded guilty in a San Jose courtroom Tuesday to charges of drunk driving causing injury and hit and run.

The Leaf forward, picked up in the Vesa Toskala trade with San Jose in June, will be sentenced to six months in a Santa Clara ,California county jail to be served at the end of this upcoming season.

Official sentencing will be in October.

The charges stem from an incident in San Jose on Labour Day last year when Bell's vehicle rear-ended a pickup truck in the early morning hours, leaving the driver of the truck with head injuries.

Bell fled the scene only to be found a short distance away by San Jose police.

Leafs' GM John Ferguson had little to say when reached by Sportsnet.

"I will reserve comment until I can more fully review the situation," he said.

Bell started his NHL career in Chicago in 2000 after a successful junior career in Ottawa. He was subsequently dealt to the Sharks last summer and then became part of the Leafs organization after John Ferguson made the trade to acquire Toskala at this year's NHL draft.

Bell has two years remaining on a three-year $6.5 million dollar contract.

what a shame ,,seemed so promising w/ the hawks a few years back

So why do hockey players and athletes get special treatment, if i did this i'd be in jail right away lol.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    kenshunt wrote:

So why do hockey players and athletes get special treatment, if i did this i'd be in jail right away lol.

it could be worse

they could be NBA players.
    :rolleyes:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Or NFL players, i just don't get how athletes who serve jail time can wait till the season ends, but don't get me wrong i'd still love to see Bell return to a 25-30 goal scorer this season.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • BoomerBoomer Posts: 50
    Bell was a throw-in to get Toskala. I don't think they are/were counting on much from Bell.
    Canada, says Ament, holds a special place in the band's heart because of its international policies and its decision to stay out of the war in Iraq.

25 May 2005
    The Canadian Press
    August 31, 2007
    A case of Salmelainen

Tony Salmelainen, a one-time Toronto Roadrunner, is trying to return to the Big Smoke as a member of the Maple Leafs.

The 26-year-old winger is in negotiations with the Maple Leafs and, if he can get his name on a contract, he'll be in camp next month at the Ricoh Coliseum -- the former home of the Oilers' short-lived Toronto farm club.

Salmelainen played that campaign for the Toronto Roadrunners, Edmonton's ill-fated AHL farm team, and showed the promise that made him a second-round pick of the Oilers in 1999.

The speedy, 5' 9 forward had 19 goals and 44 points in 58 games for Toronto in 2003/04, good enough for a 13-game NHL call-up. He went with the Roadrunners to Edmonton, then home to Finland where he was the top scorer and top player in that country's elite league in 2005-06.

Salmelainen was traded to Montreal with Jassen Cullimore for one-time hotshot Sergei Samsonov earlier this summer. The Habs then bought out both players, making them unrestricted free agents.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013