Options

~:~:~: The Kitty Thread!! :~:~:~

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Gums, ha!

It's funny because it seems very...eh, rap-ish.

It does... apologies :o
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    It does... apologies :o
    haha, no need to apologize, I was just kidding :p
    who am I to make fun of other people anyway.
    How's that saying go? "If you can't make fun of other people, who can you make fun of?"
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    haha, no need to apologize, I was just kidding :p
    who am I to make fun of other people anyway.
    How's that saying go? "If you can't make fun of other people, who can you make fun of?"

Haha! true :o

Back to the kitty talk!

What's your scared kitty called btw?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    Haha! true :o

Back to the kitty talk!

What's your scared kitty called btw?
    Smokey, and his brother's name is Snowy (we couldn't agree on names when we got them - Smokey is tabby, Snowy is all white on bottom and dark/tabby on top).
    Tifa is the young un' that ran away for 3.5 weeks, 1/2 wildcat I think.
  • Options
    Cool names Rygar :D

well, we had a call on Saturday and Dave's cat Max has been given the all clear :) He went back to the vet-man and he said there's no reason why he shouldn't last a little while yet and that he may be doddery but he's well enough in himself. Obviously there is still the risk of another stroke but his mum's keeping close watch and spoiling him rotten... We couldn't be happier :D

My kitty, Tabitha is back at the vet-man's today. She has an appointment this afternoon to see about her bloaty absessed tooth. I hope they decide to take it out so that it doesn't cause her anymore trouble. I'm worried but I know she's in the right hands.

And yet ANOTHER problem with a kitty in my life! My housemate's cat Sabbath came in from a fight last night and now has a really poorly right paw :( She's got an awful limp and it's obviously causing her pain. She too is at the vets tonight :rolleyes:

• Options
    Cool names Rygar :D

well, we had a call on Saturday and Dave's cat Max has been given the all clear :) He went back to the vet-man and he said there's no reason why he shouldn't last a little while yet and that he may be doddery but he's well enough in himself. Obviously there is still the risk of another stroke but his mum's keeping close watch and spoiling him rotten... We couldn't be happier :D

My kitty, Tabitha is back at the vet-man's today. She has an appointment this afternoon to see about her bloaty absessed tooth. I hope they decide to take it out so that it doesn't cause her anymore trouble. I'm worried but I know she's in the right hands.

And yet ANOTHER problem with a kitty in my life! My housemate's cat Sabbath came in from a fight last night and now has a really poorly right paw :( She's got an awful limp and it's obviously causing her pain. She too is at the vets tonight :rolleyes:
    Aye carumba that is a lot of vet visits!
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Aye carumba that is a lot of vet visits!

I know a lot of kitties :o

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    You "cat people" would appreciate this, I think!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hPzNl6NKAG0&feature=bz30

:D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    You "cat people" would appreciate this, I think!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hPzNl6NKAG0&feature=bz30

:D
    That is actually incredible! :D:D

I laughed so hard, thank you! :D

• Options

• Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I took an abandoned kitten in a few weeks ago after someone I know found it in the street. It was really small - maybe just 1 or two weeks old. Anyway, I took it to the vet and the vet here just shook his head and shrugged his shoulders. I wanted him to at least give me some milk for it or tell me where I could buy some non-lactose milk. (At that age you can't give them cows milk). I tried the supermarket but they didn't sell any, and they didn't sell goats milk. There are no pet shops in this city that sell cats, and cat food e.t.c - just dogs and dog food.
    I ended up giving it baby milk and that evening it died in my hands. It was possibly the most upsetting thing I've ever seen.
    People in China don't see animals the same way we do in the West. They look at them as objects. A few of my students have pets and don't even have names for their pets. How weird is that? Not bothering to name your pet?

Anyway, It still bothers me that the kitten died. It was partly my fault, but I also blame the vet - what a useless prick.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I took an abandoned kitten in a few weeks ago after someone I know found it in the street. It was really small - maybe just 1 or two weeks old. Anyway, I took it to the vet and the vet here just shook his head and shrugged his shoulders. I wanted him to at least give me some milk for it or tell me where I could buy some non-lactose milk. (At that age you can't give them cows milk). I tried the supermarket but they didn't sell any, and they didn't sell goats milk. There are no pet shops in this city that sell cats, and cat food e.t.c - just dogs and dog food.
    I ended up giving it baby milk and that evening it died in my hands. It was possibly the most upsetting thing I've ever seen.
    People in China don't see animals the same way we do in the West. They look at them as objects. A few of my students have pets and don't even have names for their pets. How weird is that? Not bothering to name your pet?

Anyway, It still bothers me that the kitten died. It was partly my fault, but I also blame the vet - what a useless prick.

That seriously sucks :( Thank you for taking it in and giving it a chance though, as you say, not everyone in the world sees animals the same. It's sad but true. I couldn't imagine not naming my pets... hell, I even name my soft toy cats :o but each to their own.

• Options
    UK kitty lovers!

Get some half price cat food from Whiskers!

http://www.whiskas.co.uk/whiskas/en-gb/

download the voucher and get 50% off dry nummies! Happy days... :D

• Options
    BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    heres one of maverick and i , the picture kind took on a devilish look ... lolIMG_3109.jpg
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

heres one of maverick and i , the picture kind took on a devilish look ... lolIMG_3109.jpg

He's gorgeous! :D

• Options
    evenkatevenkat Posts: 380
    Byrnzie wrote:

Aww I don't think it was your fault at all. You tried and did the best you could.

I knew you had a big heart :)
    "...believe in lies...to get by...it's divine...whoa...oh, you know what its like..."
  • Options
    I already posted this in an unrelated thread, here it is again anyway for the kitty specific thread :D

My brother in law is Japanese. He's lived in the states for like 20 years or so...speaks English perfectly, no accent.
    His parents came over from Japan (his mom speaks English fairly well, his dad just a few words), for a visit and stayed at my house for a night. I have a cat that 'talks' to me...meaning if I say something and look right at him he meows at me, given that he notices I was looking at him.
    So in the morning I'm in the kitchen making coffee, and my brother in laws parents are sitting at the table.
    My boyfriend comes down and says to the cat "Morning George."
    The cat looks up at him and meows.
    "How ya doing buddy?"
    Cat looks up and meows.
    Then my brother in laws dad says something to his wife (in Japanese) and she just cracks up laughing and says "My husband said to me, 'that cat speaks bettern English than I do!"
    So cute!
    "The customer...is always...an ASSHOLE"

"The world fascinates me."

"Doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you"

• Options
    I talked to a cat shelter here in town about helping out (taking in a cat, and caring for it till someone adopts it) and the woman said she'll contact me when they get a new cat. So looking forward to that. Getting a cat and helping out.

Her favorite band growing up was KISS so me mentioning Peter Criss in my email to them seemed to have helped.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    edited November 2018
    I have never had much success when it comes to action photos of my sweet Sid, which is why this one makes me feel good, lol! It's not actually good in relative terms (and it's blurry), but I have somehow never managed any yawn photo of her that was a quarter as good as this, because my luck has be shit. :lol:

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    I talked to a cat shelter here in town about helping out (taking in a cat, and caring for it till someone adopts it) and the woman said she'll contact me when they get a new cat. So looking forward to that. Getting a cat and helping out.

Her favorite band growing up was KISS so me mentioning Peter Criss in my email to them seemed to have helped.
    That's awesome - good for you.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata