Options

~:~:~: The Kitty Thread!! :~:~:~

Comments

• Options
    Well I'm chiming in here rather late, but I just saw this.

in honor of my kitty Saffron (Saffie cat) and her 13th birthday on Sunday September 28 -

Happy Birthday to the prettiest kitty in the whole world.

I got you when you were just 8 weeks old and now, 13 years later you are still the sweetest kitty that I love beyond words

This post made me smile sooooooooo much :D

Happy Birthday for Sunday, Saffron :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    BUFFALO!!!! Awww i'm so glad Maverick's home!! :D I bet you feel like a massive weight is off your shoulders? Wow, I do love good kitty news :)

Illegal pants, don't lose hope, Mave has shown us that kitties like little holidays... and to let us know who's in charge every now and again (I bet Maverick turned up thinking "well, here I am... bet you were worried weren't ya? :p") keep your chin up hun :)

Meistereder - great vid but which kitty is which?

Derrick - Your cats are gorgeous... Buster's awesome!

Kittykat416 - again, you've got some damn pretty kitty cats!

:D

Princess is the Tuxedo (female) Maus is the gray tabby (male). Thanks!
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    My boy George...

n744855859_1678131_4146.jpg

DSCF0235.jpg

n744855859_273349_4494.jpg

DSCF0322.jpg

My bf's cat...her name is Kitty...he's so original... :rolleyes:
    DSCF0214.jpg
    "The customer...is always...an ASSHOLE"

"The world fascinates me."

"Doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you"

• Options
    My boy George...

n744855859_1678131_4146.jpg

DSCF0235.jpg

n744855859_273349_4494.jpg

DSCF0322.jpg

My bf's cat...her name is Kitty...he's so original... :rolleyes :
    DSCF0214.jpg

Sooooooooo cute! :D

I like the name Kitty... I suggested that me and Dave call ours that when we get it :o

My kitty (Tabitha - being looked after by friends) is poorly :(
    I noticed an absess on her face last night. She's being taken to the vets today so fingers crossed she'll get better and it's not much to worry about.
    She's always had problems with her teeth but i'm really worried about her. She's got a few difficulties anyways (brain damaged) but my friends are having a baby any day now and she hates children. They already have two kids and a BIG dog (she'd never seen a dog before they got one). Tabitha goes for them all the time (scratched the youngest's eye the other day just because he walked past her) and pulls her fur out when she's stressed. I'm so worried she's not going to cope with a baby as well :(

Me and Dave are getting our own place soon (hopefully) so i'm gonna see if she can come and live with us.

It's really worrying me :(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    My boy George...

DSCF0235.jpg

I just want to PINCH his cheeks!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Lizard wrote:
    Kitties do not like that ;)
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:

Know how you feel, he's a gorgeous little bugger! :D

For those who wanna know, my kitty Tabitha went to the vet. She has an absess on her tooth and it's being treated. Apparently it swelled up so bad her eye shut (i'm glad I wasn't told that bit :() but she seems to have improved already. She has an appointment in a week's time to see how she's getting along. I saw her this morning and she was full of love for her mum :) I'm a lot happier than I was. I know that my friends would never not treat her or put her through unnecessary hurt and I can't thank them enough for looking after my baby the way they do.. I guess I just miss her so much :(

• Options
    Know how you feel, he's a gorgeous little bugger! :D

For those who wanna know, my kitty Tabitha went to the vet. She has an absess on her tooth and it's being treated. Apparently it swelled up so bad her eye shut (i'm glad I wasn't told that bit :() but she seems to have improved already. She has an appointment in a week's time to see how she's getting along. I saw her this morning and she was full of love for her mum :) I'm a lot happier than I was. I know that my friends would never not treat her or put her through unnecessary hurt and I can't thank them enough for looking after my baby the way they do.. I guess I just miss her so much :(
    Poor kitty!
    One of my cats has been living under the bed for the last 4 days, he's terrified of something (possibly me) and I can't figure it out. He even abandoned treat-time this morning before he was done his treats to go hide!
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Poor kitty!
    One of my cats has been living under the bed for the last 4 days, he's terrified of something (possibly me) and I can't figure it out. He even abandoned treat-time this morning before he was done his treats to go hide!

I was always under the impression if they are hiding they don't feel well. :( Maybe a trip to the vet is in order???
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Poor kitty!

Stop hitting him then! :p

j/k.

I have no idea what could be wrong :confused: Has anything changed in your home set up? Has he been injured? Is he sick? Maybe you should get him out and have a look at him but at the same time reassure him that you love him and you're nothing to be scared of :(

Vet-man visit indeed...

• Options
    I was always under the impression if they are hiding they don't feel well. :( Maybe a trip to the vet is in order???
    He did have bad #2's the other day, but has been ok in that department since.
    Maybe a trip to the vet is indeed in order.

He HAS been out at times (usually when his mom gets home from work). I have the impression that he is terrified specifically of me, as when my gf goes to bed he gets on the bed with her, and every time I come in the room he runs and hides. I did wake up to him laying beside my head the other night though...
    I brought him his remaining treats this morning and he ate them from under the bed. I haven't seen him eating/drinking, but he has always been a quick-visit to the food dish type anywho so that in itself isn't abnormal.
  • Options
    Sian--that is scary re your kitty’s face being swollen–glad she is on the mend.

Rygar–hate to tell you this but your cat is seeing GHOSTS!!
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    Sian--that is scary re your kitty’s face being swollen–glad she is on the mend.

Rygar–hate to tell you this but your cat is seeing GHOSTS!!

Rygar's cat... he sees dead kitties!! :eek:

;)

• Options

Rygar's cat... he sees dead kitties!! :eek:

;)
    We do own a semi-wild cat (the one that ran away for 3.5 weeks, I don't think she's terribly smart) who LUVS to attack him (playfully) and he despises interaction with her. She may have hurt him while no one was home I guess.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    We do own a semi-wild cat (the one that ran away for 3.5 weeks, I don't think she's terribly smart) who LUVS to attack him (playfully) and he despises interaction with her. She may have hurt him while no one was home I guess.

Possibly.

As I said, get him out gently when the other cat isn't around. Have some treats handy, make sure it's quiet and reassure him. Try and get a good look, if he is injured it's better to catch it early and get it treated.

Good luck mate :)

• Options
    Possibly.

As I said, get him out gently when the other cat isn't around. Have some treats handy, make sure it's quiet and reassure him. Try and get a good look, if he is injured it's better to catch it early and get it treated.

Good luck mate :)
    No injuries. He seems ok and healthy, just scared.
    He was a bit more normal yesterday but the treat thing this morning seemed relapsish.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    No injuries. He seems ok and healthy, just scared.
    He was a bit more normal yesterday but the treat thing this morning seemed relapsish.

Hmm... maybe he just got big time spooked? :confused:

Either way, this is for your kitty and mine, Get well soon :)

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j90/gruftyzombie/kitteh2.jpg
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j90/gruftyzombie/kitteh.jpg

:)

• Options
    Hmm... maybe he just got big time spooked? :confused:

Either way, this is for your kitty and mine, Get well soon :)

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j90/gruftyzombie/kitteh2.jpg
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j90/gruftyzombie/kitteh.jpg

:)
    I think I kicked him in the head in the middle of the night en route to the bathroom, but I don't think that was terribly recent.
    Nice pics, hehehe, I got an email with a ton of those the other day.
  • Options
    We've just had some terrible news.

Dave's elderly cat Max has had a stroke. He was found in the garden, unable to move and scared, yesterday afternoon. He's currently at the emergency hospital receiving treatment but the vet fears that he can't see. We will know more tomorrow night in regards to his condition and the course of action the vet advises they take.

We're absolutely devastated.

Max has been in Dave's family for 18 years from the age of 2 weeks old. He was found by Dave's older sister when she was only little herself. He was taken home and brought up thinking he's people and loving his family. He's a toothless old bugger who likes the simple things in life... family, nummies and loves. I've only known him for a short period of time but he's made such an impact... only last saturday I was curled up on the sofa with him, surrounded by cushions, feeding him catnip drops while he purred so loud I couldn't hear the TV. We love him so much.

Dave and his family are obviously all very upset and the waiting game isn't helping. I just hope that Max is ok one way or another. I don't want him to suffer or be scared, I just want him to be happy and to remember that we love him... Whatever it takes.

I'm sure Dave will post when he's ready.
    audiodave wrote:

• Options
    Sorry to hear Sian and Dave :(
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Sorry to hear Sian and Dave :(
    +10!! :(

Sorry about that---18 is really old for a cat isn't it??
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    +10!! :(

Sorry about that---18 is really old for a cat isn't it??

It is. He's had a good life.

We're waiting on news. We'll hear one way or another tonight. :(

Thanks for your sympathy guys, it's much appreciated. :)

• Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    It is. He's had a good life.

We're waiting on news. We'll hear one way or another tonight. :(

Thanks for your sympathy guys, it's much appreciated. :)
    He's had an awesome life. I'll post more about some of his adventures (;)) another time as I should be getting ready for work right now.

Just a quick update. Max is now at home, but it's pretty much a wait and see kind of situation. He can't really see, but he can recognise people and shapes, and is a bit shaky on his feet. He's eating and seems happy enough in himself with my mum and my sister around, purring and loving all the attention he's getting. :)

I'll let everyone know if there are any more developments.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    He's had an awesome life. I'll post more about some of his adventures (;)) another time as I should be getting ready for work right now.

Just a quick update. Max is now at home, but it's pretty much a wait and see kind of situation. He can't really see, but he can recognise people and shapes, and is a bit shaky on his feet. He's eating and seems happy enough in himself with my mum and my sister around, purring and loving all the attention he's getting. :)

I'll let everyone know if there are any more developments.
    Good that he's happy, poor fella.

Took my hidey cat to the vet last night, they couldn't find anything wrong with him other than a slightly higher temperature than normal. They suggested a cautionary (expensive, so I found out) antibiotic that I agreed to. He was much more himself as soon as I got him home from the vet, but I figure that is just him sucking up so I don't take him there again. Ever.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Good that he's happy, poor fella.

Took my hidey cat to the vet last night, they couldn't find anything wrong with him other than a slightly higher temperature than normal. They suggested a cautionary (expensive, so I found out) antibiotic that I agreed to. He was much more himself as soon as I got him home from the vet, but I figure that is just him sucking up so I don't take him there again. Ever.

Glad he's better, Rygar :)

Vet's are so expensive :(

• Options
    Glad he's better, Rygar :)

Vet's are so expensive :(
    Even if the shot does nothing I can convince myself that it was the sole reason he's back to normal for justification purposes :p
    Besides, better safe than sorry!
    It was such a FUN car ride, too.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Even if the shot does nothing I can convince myself that it was the sole reason he's back to normal for justification purposes : p
    Besides, better safe than sorry!
    It was such a FUN car ride, too.

True that.

I love seeing cats in cars, they just look so lost! :o My kitties always look disgruntled as if they're saying "All this new fangled technology has no place in the feline world!! :mad:" :D

I saw my kitty last night. Her face seems to have swollen up a bit more and possibly spread to her ear :( She's ok in herself and she's fussing like normal (she was even rubbing the absessed side of her face on the furniture so it (thankfully) can't be that painful for her) but she definately needs to go back to the vet-man and have further treatment. I think they're gonna take the tooth out and give her more antibiotics to be honest :(

• Options
    True that.

I love seeing cats in cars, they just look so lost! :o My kitties always look disgruntled as if they're saying "All this new fangled technology has no place in the feline world!! :mad:" :D

I saw my kitty last night. Her face seems to have swollen up a bit more and possibly spread to her ear :( She's ok in herself and she's fussing like normal (she was even rubbing the absessed side of her face on the furniture so it (thankfully) can't be that painful for her) but she definately needs to go back to the vet-man and have further treatment. I think they're gonna take the tooth out and give her more antibiotics to be honest :(
    Aw, poor kitty!
    Losing a tooth is no big thing for a cat though. My old family cat lost one of his big un's a few years before he died and it didn't affect him in the least.

PS: hehehehe, you said 'true that'...
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Aw, poor kitty!
    Losing a tooth is no big thing for a cat though. My old family cat lost one of his big un's a few years before he died and it didn't affect him in the least.

PS: hehehehe, you said 'true that'...

No I know, Dave's kitty Max has no teefs... he just 'gums' everything. One of the reasons I love him so much :)

PS: whys is that funny? :confused:

• Options
    No I know, Dave's kitty Max has no teefs... he just 'gums' everything. One of the reasons I love him so much :)

PS: whys is that funny? :confused:
    Gums, ha!

It's funny because it seems very...eh, rap-ish.