Options

~:~:~: The Kitty Thread!! :~:~:~

Comments

• Options
    BUFFALO wrote:
    IMG_1159-1.jpg

I lost my cat today :( i steped out the house to go for a bike ride , and when i got back i noticed he was gone . hopefully i will find him , wish me luck .

just reading back here..

fingers crossed for you BUFFALO :( hope he comes back soon
    wah
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    To be honest I thought she was dead, and when she showed up in the middle of the night (wide-eyed and attached to the window screen) I didn't believe it. Cats are survivors, they know what they're doing out there. Don't give up :)

awwww that made me smile... i bet she missed you as much as you to her :)

Hercs is somewhat 'king' of the neighbourhood and gets himself into a lot of trouble with other cats, my biggest fear is he's been injured..

i'll keep everyone updated over the next few days
    wah
  • Options
    awwww that made me smile... i bet she missed you as much as you to her :)

Hercs is somewhat 'king' of the neighbourhood and gets himself into a lot of trouble with other cats, my biggest fear is he's been injured..

i'll keep everyone updated over the next few days

Thanks. I'd like to think he hasn't and that he's just gone on one of those 'kitty adventure holidays' (ie. wandering around the neighbourhood with his chest puffed out, killing local wildlife and denying he 'belongs' to anyone... until he wants the warmth of your bed and some kitty food...) and that he returns home safely to you.

I too know of many cats who've seemingly 'disappeared' for weeks and then returned with the look of "what?!" in their eyes... Rygar's right. Cats are born survivors so you or BUFFALO shouldn't lose hope just yet :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    ^
    haha.. that's a good visual :) gawd i love cats.. absolutely everything about them, from their stubbornness and innocence, to their confidence and pride..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/jm_pappas/CATS/luckyherschair.jpg

hehe always in pairs.. i bet he misses his mum too
    wah
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    ^
    haha.. that's a good visual :) gawd i love cats.. absolutely everything about them, from their stubbornness and innocence, to their confidence and pride..

Cute!
  • Options
    ^

I love cats too, yours are gorgeous :) Thats why I started this thread! I've only ever lived for a week in a house without a kitty and it killed me, I just adore the furry little buggers, every single one is a different character! :D

I've demanded that we have two cats when Dave and myself move into our new place next year. I want a brother and sister... called Binky and Boom :o
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    3.5 wks!! you must have been so relieved Rygar.. :) thanks for the words of encouragement

I've had several cats vanish for a couple of weeks and then just show back like nothing happened. Best of luck.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Really not trying to start an argument here but why do all of you let your beloved kitties outside? I realize it is their natural habitat but in the interest of safety wouldn't you rather make them inside kitties? Or take them out on leashes while supervised? I was always under the impression that an outside cat was a dead one. Just my $.02. :)
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Really not trying to start an argument here but why do all of you let your beloved kitties outside? I realize it is their natural habitat but in the interest of safety wouldn't you rather make them inside kitties? Or take them out on leashes while supervised? I was always under the impression that an outside cat was a dead one. Just my $.02. :)

For me almost everything comes down to the fundamental arguement of safety vs. freedom and I side with freedom every time. I believe in quality of life over quantity. My cats love to be outside so I let them. Life is sometimes short and cruel but that's no reason to hide from it.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838

I think my question would be why wouldn't you let them outside :) ... cat's are pretty smart creatures and much as we may not like it very independent. I can understand some people in super urban areas may be not allowing cats out but other than that why not.

Only cat I've had was an outside cat and he lived until he was 16 so an outside cat isn't a dead one.

I've personally never known anyone that had a cat that wasn't allowed outside.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    I think cats needs to be outside. I used to have 3 house cats and it really wasn't fair. I moved house and started to let them out, they improved so much! They were happier and full of life! They never once disppeared and two are still healthy and alive today :)

I know people who have outside cats and they're a grand old age of 18 and 15 (I think), they love fusses and people but also love being in their natural environment and basking in the sunshine... why deny a cat that?

As for the leash idea? It doesn't work, trust me. My cat polly (who unfortunately passed away two years ago) was an inside cat who we took out on a lead... it lasted 5 mins before she wriggled free and ran about the local neighbourhood for a couple fo hours. She turned up at the door at 10pm looking so pleased with herself :rolleyes:

When I get my new cats (I moved into my friends house and couldn't take mine as they had two - Pumpkin and Sabbath, so my ex took ours and they're doing fine :)), they too will be outdoor cats. I'll try and get them to sleep in the house at night but if they chose to stay out, then stay out they shall :)

• Options
    I suppose I see your points. It's just that when I read your posts about your kitties being missing I can't help but question it. I do realize that they love to be outside but... My second kitty Oria would fly to the front door if I said the word outside but I guess after years of training she knew where she was and wasn't allowed. She would also go on a leash as well. She has now since passed but my newest addition Chloe (yes, after the song Chloe Dancer!) is slowly being trained the same way. I can't even go towards the steps and she is flying down in front of me at the door crying. Unfortunately her neck is not yet big enough for a collar so I just sit out there w/ her. I do live in the suburbs but on a main road where vehicles travel very fast. Just letting her out would be certain injury or death imo.

Thanks for the input and for not flaming me. :)
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    My cats love the outdoors too, and the only one I was worried about was the one who went off and didn't come back. Two are too scared to leave sight of the doorway, and the third never went too far into the woods but I could always see her from the edge of the trees. She never goes out without a leash now.
    They really love the outdoors :p
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Posts: 475
    Our cats: http://www.flickr.com/photos/derrick-canada/sets/72157600504464782/

Blink: Black cat that is super scared of everything unless you are sitting on a couch.
    Josie: Chubby tortoise-shell girl. She doesn't miss too many meals!
    Buster: Our dominant gray male. He is the boss. He even thinks he is the boss of my wife and our son. A very active, dog-like cat.
    Milo: Our white Himalayan. Cute as a button and incredibly docile. You'll notice some of the pictures were taken after he was shaved.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Dude!! you're dressing up your cats!!!

They are cute.

Good Luck finding Kitty to BUFFALO and Illegal pants!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    Maverick requesting fly by .... who hooo hes back .....

he came back probably around 3 am .. a little scared and def tired . he slept the whole day , which for mave is not the norm at all. thanks to everyone wishing me luck , that dam cat had me in nots lol

eyedclaar,rygar,lizard,sian of the dead ,samjam.

goodluck illegal pants in finding yours
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

BUFFALO wrote:

he came back probably around 3 am .. a little scared and def tired . he slept the whole day , which for mave is not the norm at all. thanks to everyone wishing me luck , that dam cat had me in nots lol

Yay! One down, one to go!
    Glad to hear the good news
  • Options
    I made a video of my two cats, Princess and Maus, and put it on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDiuIV16Zwg
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options

valid points from both sides.. depends on the cat/owner! we did let our 2 cats indoors at some point and they'd usually just sit at the door staring outside so we figured of that's what they want, that's what they get

we don't get extremely cold weather here too so we're not worried about them freezing to death outside, plus since getting cats we noticed a lot let mice/etc around the place

and finally we have a little doggy who stays inside 'cos he's a wuss who can't fend for himself :o:D
    wah
  • Options
    I love cats too, yours are gorgeous :) Thats why I started this thread! I've only ever lived for a week in a house without a kitty and it killed me, I just adore the furry little buggers, every single one is a different character! :D

I've demanded that we have two cats when Dave and myself move into our new place next year. I want a brother and sister... called Binky and Boom :o

aw missed this.. LMAO :eek: Boom and Binky... :D

make sure you get a pet-friendly place for sure!
    wah
  • Options
    BUFFALO wrote:

yaaaaaay Maverick :) bet they won't leave your side for a few days hehe..

wonderful news, so happy for you :)
    wah
  • Options
    Although, she is what you'd call "plus-sized"; she likes to perch over the rungs of the chair:
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/kittykat699/AllieandElliott201b.jpg

so freakin cute! :D
    wah
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Allie, my pretty-girl:http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/kittykat699/AllieandElliott200.jpg

quote]

wow- her coloration is gorgeous!!

i've got a 12 year old (he looks great- he honestly looks 7) named Leo. he's the man of the house! (its only me, my mom & my sister)
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    BUFFALO!!!! Awww i'm so glad Maverick's home!! :D I bet you feel like a massive weight is off your shoulders? Wow, I do love good kitty news :)

Illegal pants, don't lose hope, Mave has shown us that kitties like little holidays... and to let us know who's in charge every now and again (I bet Maverick turned up thinking "well, here I am... bet you were worried weren't ya? :p") keep your chin up hun :)

Meistereder - great vid but which kitty is which?

Derrick - Your cats are gorgeous... Buster's awesome!

Kittykat416 - again, you've got some damn pretty kitty cats!

:D

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Posts: 475
    Lizard wrote:
    Dude!! you're dressing up your cats!!!
    They are cute.

Well, they used to sit on the laundry basket whenever it was done in the dryer, which was cute and all but then the clean clothes got a lot of cat hair on them. So when I caught them doing that, I would put one of our son's old toddler shirts on them. They eventually got annoyed enough to stop doing it.

All but Buster...he will still promptly climb into a clean laundry basket and dare me to remove him.
    Derrick - Your cats are gorgeous... Buster's awesome!

Thanks, but we try not to feed his ego too much...he's very big for his britches, so to speak!
  • Options
    Well I'm chiming in here rather late, but I just saw this.

in honor of my kitty Saffron (Saffie cat) and her 13th birthday on Sunday September 28 -

Happy Birthday to the prettiest kitty in the whole world.

I got you when you were just 8 weeks old and now, 13 years later you are still the sweetest kitty that I love beyond words