Have you ever met any famous people?

pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
edited December 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
i have met Eddie Vedder he would be the most famous, and the band Live and heaps of footy players. And a couple of actors. I called this dude from Home and Away by his characters name and he cracked the shits at me for not knowing his real name It was funny.

Have you met any famous people???
Sydney 11/02/2003
Sydney 14/02/2003
Sydney 07/11/2006
Sydney 18/11/2006
Sydney 22/11/2009
EV Sydney 18/03/2011
EV Sydney 19/03/2011
EV Sydney 20/03/2011
Melbourne 24/01/2014
Sydney 26/01/2014
EV Sydney 13/02/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Gold 26Gold 26 Posts: 676
    I'm a taxi-driver and have had a few minor UK celebs in my cab. And when I went to the Trafford Centre once I saw Noel Gallagher, Victoria Beckham and Alice Cooper on the same day. Didn't speak to any of them though.
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
  • Humpty Hump
    Stephen Perkins
    Mike McCready
    Krist Noveselic
    Mark Lanegan
    Jerome Kersey
    Several Pro Snowboarders and Skaters
    NERDS!
  • Gold 26Gold 26 Posts: 676
    Oh, and whenever I've seen The Matches live they always get off stage and come chat to the fans.
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    I stood in line right behind Nicky Wire, from the Manics, in a chemist shop. He was with his wife and young child, so I didn't bother him, I think I was buying cream of magnesia or something.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • pjfan31 wrote:
    i have met Eddie Vedder he would be the most famous, and the band Live and heaps of footy players. And a couple of actors. I called this dude from Home and Away by his characters name and he cracked the shits at me for not knowing his real name It was funny.

No but what were the guys from 'Live' like?

How do you lot keep meeting these people? :eek: :confused:
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    I have met a lot - but most memorable will always be Joey Ramone. When I was about 17 I hung out w/him the entire night at the old Ritz in NYC. Great guy......
  • I ran into Riddick Bowe at Washington's Union Station.
    I met Bill Clinton briefly when I was in college and he attended a St. John's game at MSG.
    I also met the guy that played Vito on the Sopranos during a Rangers playoff game last year.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • pjfan31 wrote:

Ed Vedder
    Stone Gossard
    Matt Cameron
    Jerry Cantrell
    Mike Inez
    Zach Wyld
    oZZY
    Slash
    Stp line up

Larry Bird
    Kevin Mchale
    Bill Walton
    Pretty much every Phildelphia Eagle
    Fun stuff but Ed was the most special.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • i waited on Brett Favre once. thats about it.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    derek jeter back in 1995 at camden yards when i was taking a tour of the field right before batting practice. he was still in the minors at the time, but the yanks had him up to get some work in that september. i was 13 and a huge nerd at the time, so of course i had a binder of all the yankee's baseball cards on me (in hopes of getting an autograph), and lucky enough i had one of his upper deck prospect cards in there. i asked him to sign it and he was confused, looking at the front and back and really reading what the card said about him. he signed it and gave it back to me saying, "pretty cool kid, one of the first times i am seeing a card of myself."

true story!
  • fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    I've met Howard Zinn before. We sat down for a while and talked and he bought me a muffin and some coffee, lol. It was a great conversation. I also met Ralph Nader, Noam Chomsky, Cornell West, Bill Clinton...

oh, in New York at a cafe, I met Jerry Seinfeld and talked to him for a while. I also met Jon Stewart and talked to him for like 10 minutes... it was an interesting conversation... I met Stephen Colbert too, but just a handshake, and I met Angelina Jolie but it wasn't for very long.

also met plenty of basketball players like charles barkley, scottie pippen, vince carter... i had dinner with hakeem olajuwan several times (he's a family friend), so through him I met plenty of other guys.

I can't remember any other people, but I know there are more...

I don't think I've ever really met any musicians, unfortunately, but hopefully I'll meet some members of PJ or something in the future...
  • Motown322Motown322 Posts: 465
    A lot of random people, actually...

Marilyn Manson
    Page Hamilton and the rest of the guys from Helmet
    Jimmy Chamberlin
    Wesley Willis
    Veruca Salt

Lots of NASCAR guys through my old job (Ford Racing):
    Mark Martin, Elliott Sadler, Dale Jarrett, Kurt Busch, Tony Stewart, Carl Edwards, Ricky Rudd, Matt Kenseth, Joe Moore (the MRN radio dude)

Paul Walker
    Nick Lachey
    Sinbad (sat at a bar in LAX and had a beer next to him a few years back)
    Bill Clement (ESPN hockey guy)
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    cmon nyc ,,too many to list
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I haven't met anybody famous...

except, Tom Barman, the singer of belgian band dEUS
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • PJ_SalukiPJ_Saluki Posts: 1,006
    NBA Hall of Fame guard Oscar Robertson was a regular at a restaurant where I worked.

I've interviewed TNT NBA analyst Doug Collins, political back-roomer James Carville, and ESPN college basketball analyst Digger Phelps.

Talked to former NFL linebacker Bryan Cox for about 10 or so minutes at a Louisville Waffle House the night before the KY Derby a few years back.

I'm sure most people won't consider St. Louis Post Dispatch college sports writer Vahe Gregorian famous, but I thought he was a cool guy.
    "Almost all those politicians took money from Enron, and there they are holding hearings. That's like O.J. Simpson getting in the Rae Carruth jury pool." -- Charles Barkley
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    All members of:

Jimmy Eat World
    Counting Crows
    Feeder
    Rocket From The Crypt
    Alter Bridge

I think that's about it. Oh and Chris Cornell sort of head-butted me, but I don't think that really counts as a 'meeting'.
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    No but what were the guys from 'Live' like?

How do you lot keep meeting these people? :eek: :confused:

alright, I met Ed and the guys from Live after concerts and stuff. I know it sounds desperate but meeting Eddie was one of the best nights of my life because he was such a nice guy.

Meeting footballers I've been invited down into the change rooms before, or you can see them in night clubs. I met the dude that had a go at me in a night club.

As for the guys from live, they are awesome. The reason I hung around was for my sister. She is a big Live fan, and she has been sick for a long time about 5 yrs) and she had a ticket for the concert but she had to pull out about a week before cause she got worse and had to go for another operation a few weeks later.

So I hung around and as they came up to us I called my sister and asked if they would talk to her telling them she is doing it tough needs more surgery blah blah blah. And they were so nice. pat said to her "you know the best thing about this illness is that you have such a great supportive brother" which was nice and guitarist Chad was saying to her to hang in there he has been in a tough patch before (I think he was referring to a previous drug problem) And Ed Kowalcyzk is a really cool guy.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    All members of:

I think that's about it. Oh and Chris Cornell sort of head-butted me, but I don't think that really counts as a 'meeting'.

You can't just leave it at that... Please continue
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • pjfan31 wrote:
    alright, I met Ed and the guys from Live after concerts and stuff. I know it sounds desperate but meeting Eddie was one of the best nights of my life because he was such a nice guy.

Meeting footballers I've been invited down into the change rooms before, or you can see them in night clubs. I met the dude that had a go at me in a night club.

As for the guys from live, they are awesome. The reason I hung around was for my sister. She is a big Live fan, and she has been sick for a long time about 5 yrs) and she had a ticket for the concert but she had to pull out about a week before cause she got worse and had to go for another operation a few weeks later.

So I hung around and as they came up to us I called my sister and asked if they would talk to her telling them she is doing it tough needs more surgery blah blah blah. And they were so nice. pat said to her "you know the best thing about this illness is that you have such a great supportive brother" which was nice and guitarist Chad was saying to her to hang in there he has been in a tough patch before (I think he was referring to a previous drug problem) And Ed Kowalcyzk is a really cool guy.

That's nice to know. I like the band but for some reason imagined them all to be a bunch of grumps. :D
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    TrixieCat!! :p
    I love to turn you on
  • I was in Muhammad Ali's house when I was little and met him. He also did a magic show for me and my friend for an hour long. No joke.
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Motown322Motown322 Posts: 465
    Oh... forgot about Bill Cowher and Mean Joe Greene at the Pittsburgh Hilton back in '04. Was sitting in the hotel bar watching a Pistons playoff game and they came in for like half an hour.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    cmon nyc ,,too many to list

ha....same here 'cept la :D
    pjfan31 wrote:
    You can't just leave it at that... Please continue

We were front row during an Audioslave show and Chris jumped down the front and sang from the rail, he was running up and down shaking people's hands and stuff. When he got to me he decided to get right up in my face literally nose to nose, kind of pushed me back with his forehead then turned around and jumped back on the stage! All very bizarre! The girls around me were wetting their pants with excitement, it was hilarious!
  • _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    my list isn't very exciting.
    I've waited on:

Andy Samberg
    Chuck Yeager
    Ed Asner
    and the brothers that made 'something about Mary' I can't remember their names.
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    I met Jamie Carragher in a bar in liverpool the same night of the match that we lost 4-3 agains leeds united and mark bloody viduka scored all four :( I was ribbing him saying that the players don't even care they have lost and he DID NOT look happy, i thought he was gonna beat me up or something, we left quite sharpish after that!

AND the legendary wrestler Big Daddy!!! That surely can not be beaten by anybody else on this board ;)
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
    How could I forget: I met Darth Vader!!! The actor who played him was also the Green Cross Code Man who toured schools and did adverts promoting road safety. Do I win?!
  • dawngdawng Posts: 644
    I met Mike & Stone backstage at an Alice in Chains show looong time ago (early 90's).

I waited on Robbie Robertson & the Red Road ensemble when they were shooting a video in Snohomish, WA. They were surprised that I knew who they were ;) (Again, a very long time ago - late 80's or early 90's).

Met Bill Elliott and other NASCAR drivers when I was a photographer at Evergreen Speedway...came from a racing family.
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    last 4th of july i was with my son who was 7 at the time - we went to my ex boyfriend's for the day and derek jeter lives in the same apt. building. we took the elevator with him - he was VERY nice to my son - gave him about 50 dunkin donuts gift cards that they were giving out in yankee stadium that day! very memorable for my little guy who is a big jeter fan.......
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    last 4th of july i was with my son who was 7 at the time - we went to my ex boyfriend's for the day and NY PJ1 lives in the same apt. building. we took the elevator with him - he was VERY nice to my son -

NO PROBLEM