Anyone drinking tonight?

Comments

• jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812

Incidentally, what IS ironic is that I didn't get the irony in the postal service joke, because normally I'm more fucking intelligent and quick-witted than you would believe! :D

Well intelligence and quick wits are fucking wasted here mate. Go get a Strongbow, and leave that brain in the fridge.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Hehe yeah you're right

LOL

LOL

LOL

why didnt one LOL suffice? did you laugh thrice?

i watched Mary Poppins yesterday and i have a confession to make... i thought she looked quite saucy in her nanny gear with those big shoe things on.. spit-spot
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I'm praying for PJoasisrule to make an appearance here.
    They made a good greatest hits to be fair, well about half a dozen belters all told. But just a tad over rated if you ask me. I don't put them in the same ball park as my Manics.
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I'm praying for PJoasisrule to make an appearance here.

i'm guessing that by the use of the word 'rule' in his username he isnt actually aged to drink

p.s. drinking rules
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:

i watched Mary Poppins yesterday and i have a confession to make... i thought she looked quite saucy in her nanny gear with those big shoe things on.. spit-spot

I actually did laugh three times on three consecutive occasions, so I thought 'Tell you what, I'm going to attempt to convey that action in writing.' How very post-modern of me.

Spit-spot. LOL. That's great.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
    dunkman wrote:

You're a sick man Dunk.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Well im partying, Drinking my Tim Horton's coffee
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    dunkman wrote:
    i'm guessing that by the use of the word 'rule' in his username he isnt actually aged to drink

p.s. drinking rules

Actually, 'drinking rules ok'. On a badge with a V sign, straight from the 70's.
  • dunkman wrote:

Or that even if he was, the fact he has Oasis in his name suggests that he'd have such bad taste in booze, he probably shouldn't bother anyway?

White Lightning anyone? :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

kenshunt wrote:

Does your Tim mind that you're drinking his coffee? Why not get your own?
    kenshunt wrote:

i've mentioned this before but why do americans feel the need to tell people the maker of their product they are imbibing/eating? serious question... most euros would just say i'm drinking coffee.

i typed this using a Compaq keyboard btw
    Or that even if he was, the fact he has Oasis in his name suggests that he'd have such bad taste in booze, he probably shouldn't bother anyway?

White Lightning anyone? :D
    Oh brother, White Lightning! Or turps as we call it in Wales.
    jamie uk wrote:
    Actually, 'drinking rules ok'. On a badge with a V sign, straight from the 70's.

old fart :rolleyes:

;)
    jamie uk wrote:
    You're a sick man Dunk.

techically i am... i have only another 43 years left to live
    dunkman wrote:
    i've mentioned this before byt why do americans feel the need to tell people the maker of their product they are imbibing/eating? serious question... most euros would just say i'm drinking coffee.

Oh my, Dunks a Euro. Gosh, you're like, so cosmopolitan...
    just be honest, you're a hairy arsed Jock.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    dunkman wrote:

p.s. drinking rules
    I actually think he is, which is all the more amusing
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    dunkman wrote:
    i've mentioned this before but why do americans feel the need to tell people the maker of their product they are imbibing/eating? serious question... most euros would just say i'm drinking coffee.

Canadian eh, not american
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • jamie uk wrote:
    Oh brother, White Lightning! Or turps as we call it in Wales.

I'm JOKING about the white lightning :rolleyes:

I would get some strongbow but I've told myself I won't drink til Friday night as I want two half-decent days at work.

dunkman wrote:
    techically i am... i have only another 43 years left to live

At least you'll have some idea of what's killing you when the time comes brother.
  • dunkman wrote:

It's funny. I've been looking out for it since you mentioned it, and it happens all the time. :D

kenshunt wrote:
    Canadian eh, not american

i've had 33 years of americans calling Britain just England... its payback time yankee boy ;)
    Jump by Van Halen just came on planetrock radio....I can't help myself but do the air drumming at the start...anyone else? No, I thought not, just me then.
    So say i was listening to Nirvana, im suppose to say im just listening to music not the band ?
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    jamie uk wrote:
    At least you'll have some idea of what's killing you when the time comes brother.

i think its gonna be 'anvil in the face' but to be honest i was hoping for 'suffocation by wench'

but both are cool by me :)
    dunkman wrote:
    i've had 33 years of americans calling Britain just England... its payback time yankee boy ;)
    You know, we got a little UN going on here tonight fellas. We could actually do with a Yank (and that's not rhyming slang incase you're wondering).
    kenshunt wrote:
    So say i was listening to Nirvana, im suppose to say im just listening to music not the band ?

coffee is coffee... there are multi-genres of music but really coffee is coffee.

but you make a good point.. one which i will subsequently ignore... but good nonetheless ;)

its just that i'd noticed americans (mostly) saying stuff like "oh i'm gonna eat a Momma Dawsons Apple Pie and then wash it down with Buck & Sams Microbrewed German Pilsner Beer afterwards" whereas we'd just say "oh, i'm gonna eat an applie beer followed by some beer"

just an observation :)
    jamie uk wrote:
    You know, we got a little UN going on here tonight fellas. We could actually do with a Yank (and that's not rhyming slang incase you're wondering).

yeah we could... :):)

nice call Jamie :cool:
    dunkman wrote:
    i think its gonna be 'anvil in the face' but to be honest i was hoping for 'suffocation by wench'

but both are cool by me :)
    And I guess there would be no pillow involved...? No hands either...?
    How about that Monty Python scenario, where the guy chooses to be chased over a cliff by topless women? Oh wait, did that happen, or did I just dream it?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    jamie uk wrote:

i've heard dunk gives good 'yanks'....;) :D
    dunkman wrote:
    coffee is coffee... there are multi-genres of music but really coffee is coffee.

but you make a good point.. one which i will subsequently ignore... but good nonetheless ;)

its just that i'd noticed americans (mostly) saying stuff like "oh i'm gonna eat a Momma Dawsons Apple Pie and then wash it down with Buck & Sams Microbrewed German Pilsner Beer afterwards" whereas we'd just say "oh, i'm gonna eat an applie beer followed by some beer"

just an observation :)
    Ok, i get it, but im sorry fellas im drinking a coffee typing on the internet:)
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013