Anyone drinking tonight?

Comments

• JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    I actually had a really depressing day the other day because I couldn't argue against the philosophy that 'Life is just one long line of disappointments'... I guess happy people have just come to terms with that. It gave me a mini existential crisis anyway, I wish Jean-Paul Sartre had been around.. :D

:D Oh cripes!!! You wanna live a life of misery spend far too much time contemplating your navel me dear! :p

Shit happens!! But then sometimes, so does magic! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • You sound like me. I don't normally make resolutions because I'm worried I'll break them. That's defeating the object though. :D

As for my post count, I've noticed mine has quickly over taken some old friends' post counts. :eek:

I cannot believe you've got to nearly 4,000 posts since June.. good going girl..
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Jeanie wrote:
    :D Oh cripes!!! You wanna live a life of misery spend far too much time contemplating your navel me dear! :p

Shit happens!! But then sometimes, so does magic! :)

I guess it also depends whether you focus on the good things or the bad things in life. :)
    You sound like me. I don't normally make resolutions because I'm worried I'll break them. That's defeating the object though. :D

As for my post count, I've noticed mine has quickly over taken some old friends' post counts. :eek:

Oh well I don't make resolutions because it's like setting yourself up to fail as I see it. BUT to have a think about what direction you might like to take for the new year and then start making moves toward those goals or ideals, well that's a much more non threatening, easier to achieve objective. Because simply by trying or attempting you have already achieved. :)

If people around here actually realized the truth about my post count I think I'd be hounded away to the shadows on a time out for many, many months! :D If you've had fun, seriously who gives a shit? :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • I cannot believe you've got to nearly 4,000 posts since June.. good going girl..

I'm catching up with you, aren't I?

RIGHT THAT'S IT! I'm serious about this now!

I'll just have to PM people more.

The world and his wife doesn't need to know if I've burnt my dinner, etc. :D

...In the mean time though, I've still got a few hours left. ;)
  • I guess it also depends whether you focus on the good things or the bad things in life. :)

OK, we can agree on that. :)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

I guess it also depends whether you focus on the good things or the bad things in life. :)

no! no! I think people focus on what is most prevalent, most pressing in their life at the time, whether that be good or bad. Just that regardless of the situation too much introspection is not a good thing for anyone. :) Sometimes you have to get out there and make mistakes, create havoc, run amok and not be so self focused is all. I think contemplating one's navel is a good thing, just not for too long! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • I'm catching up with you, aren't I?

RIGHT THAT'S IT! I'm serious about this now!

I'll just have to PM people more.

The world and his wife doesn't need to know if I've burnt my dinner, etc. :D

...In the mean time though, I've still got a few hours left. ;)

The ones where you tell me about burnt dinner are my favourite.

• Jeanie wrote:
    no! no! I think people focus on what is most prevalent, most pressing in their life at the time, whether that be good or bad. Just that regardless of the situation too much introspection is not a good thing for anyone. :) Sometimes you have to get out there and make mistakes, create havoc, run amok and not be so self focused is all. I think contemplating one's navel is a good thing, just not for too long! :)

You're right but it's a difficult thing for some people to do. Not me though. ;)

harmless, I burnt my mushrooms yesterday. :)
  • You're right but it's a difficult thing for some people to do. Not me though. ;)

I know, I read that! Sorry to hear it...

You're right but it's a difficult thing for some people to do. Not me though. ;)

Oh well I find myself boring as batshit after a while and I can't get out of me own way fast enough! :D That's usually the time I inflict myself on some poor unsuspecting, interesting individual in the hopes of living vicariously through them! ;):D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • I know, I read that! Sorry to hear it...

It's okay. *sniffle* I'm over it now. *sniffle*

boohoohoo
  • It's okay. *sniffle* I'm over it now. *sniffle*

boohoohoo

If it's any concellation, I don't really like mushrooms, so if I was at your house at the time, I would've thrown them away for you ;):D

• If it's any concellation, I don't really like mushrooms, so if I was at your house at the time, I would've thrown them away for you ;):D

Or would you throw them away even if I didn't burn them?

Happy New Year, Mookie, if you're reading this. (I'm feeling too lazy to send you a PM). :):D
  • Or would you throw them away even if I didn't burn them?

I would've eaten them and grinned and bared it....

and then thrown up in your kitchen bin. :D

• mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Or would you throw them away even if I didn't burn them?

Happy New Year, Mookie, if you're reading this. (I'm feeling too lazy to send you a PM). :):D

Happy New Year MCKB! So were these magic mushrooms? If so I would still be crying as well. Otherwise, I think I'd move on. ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • mookie9999 wrote:
    Happy New Year MCKB! So were these magic mushrooms? If so I would still be crying as well. Otherwise, I think I'd move on. ;)

MAGIC MUSHROOMS!?? :rolleyes: Don't get me started on that subject! I love mushroom hunting and there's no such thing as magic mushrooms! Oh wait, that's toadstools.

I was about to go on a really long rant then and then realised I was wrong. That happens a lot. :o
    MAGIC MUSHROOMS!?? :rolleyes: Don't get me started on that subject! I love mushroom hunting and there's no such thing as magic mushrooms! Oh wait, that's toadstools.

I was about to go on a really long rant then and then realised I was wrong. That happens a lot. :o

Mushroom Hunting?!? Do a bunch of friends go out wearing bright orange while drinking too much beer and taking photos of their catch of the day?!? That's the only hunting that I've ever heard of that I would support!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• mookie9999 wrote:
    Mushroom Hunting?!? Do a bunch of friends go out wearing bright orange while drinking too much beer and taking photos of their catch of the day?!? That's the only hunting that I've ever heard of that I would support!

:o You're not far wrong actually... :D:o (You don't wear bright orange though, otherwise the mushrooms will see you coming).

Damn. My three favourite guys are online now and I have to go soon. What a pisser!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Happy Hogmanay you lot... i've got a nice big party going on tonight.. so i will be drinking tonight.

have a GREAT new years eve and insult you all in the New Year ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    :o You're not far wrong actually... :D:o (You don't wear bright orange though, otherwise the mushrooms will see you coming).

Damn. My three favourite guys are online now and I have to go soon. What a pisser!

of course you don't wear orange......fushia is the only color to wear when hunting mushrooms....:p
  • :o You're not far wrong actually... :D:o (You don't wear bright orange though, otherwise the mushrooms will see you coming).

You've got THREE of us on the go? MCKB, get ye to a nunnery! :D

MCKB, get ye to a nunnery! :D

Or Santa Monica California where all the "good" movies are filmed! (insert 70's wah wah music at this point).
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• You've got THREE of us on the go? MCKB, get ye to a nunnery! :D

cutback's lurking, so maybe four favourites.

Wow! I sound like such a hussy. I'm not. I'm glad I'm leaving soon! :D
  • mookie9999 wrote:
    Or Santa Monica California where all the "good" movies are filmed! (insert 70's wah wah music at this point).

LOL....... 'It's a long shot but it...... just might work.'

• Happy New Year everyone. I'll look forward to speaking to you in a couple of days. :)
    Happy New Year everyone. I'll look forward to speaking to you in a couple of days. :)

Talk to you next year!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• drinking like its my job.

happy new year everyone.... now if that Xmas single would just finally show up.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    "lying sideways atop crumpled sheets and no covers
    he decides to dream... dream up a new self, for himself"

Mansfield, MA (August 07, 1992)
    Mansfield, MA (August 08, 1992)
    Boston, MA (April 12, 1994)
    Washington, D.C. (January 15, 1995)
    Mansfield, MA (September 15, 1998)
    Mansfield, MA (September 16, 1998)
    Bristow, VA (July 01, 2003)
    Hershey, PA (July 12, 2003)
    Reading, PA (October 01, 2004)
    Washington, D.C. (October 11, 2004)
    Washington, D.C. (May 30, 2006)
    E. Rutherford, NJ (June 03, 2006)
    Washington, D.C. (June 22, 2008)
    Bristow, VA (May 13, 2010)
    Baltimore, MD (October 27, 2013)
    Fenway Park, Boston, MA (August 07, 2016)
  • Their all lined up in the fridge just waiting for little ol'me!
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
    drinking like its my job.

happy new year everyone.... now if that Xmas single would just finally show up.

Happy New Year Lanky. :)

This do till the postie comes? :)

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=xVjUMzPu7lw
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift