Boston Red Sox

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    What color suit do you think Sager will have on Friday night?

I'm guessing something in the pink family.

he usually tries to blend in with with the backdrop ... so ... I'm guessing an aquamarine, so he can blend in with a Rays outfield wall or sign ...

No Tim McCarver for one more series ... that's a good thing.

As for the play at 3rd, Solat13 explained it perfectly ... jsut like the DP transfer play which, I've seen botched SO MANY times but called out ... Tek made the tag and had the ball in his glove ... he was out. THEN he hit the ground and the ball came out.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,898
    :eek: "It's way different than last year," said Lackey, who was 0-1 with a 2.63 ERA in two starts this postseason. "We are way better than they are. We lost to a team not as good as us."

"[On Sunday] they scored on a pop fly they called a hit, which is a joke," said Lackey, referring to a popup that was misplayed into three runs. "[On Monday], they score on a broken-bat ground ball and a fly ball anywhere else in America [except in Fenway Park]. And [Pedroia's] fist-pumping on second like he did something great." :eek:

Lackey said it; not me! :D
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    :eek: "It's way different than last year," said Lackey, who was 0-1 with a 2.63 ERA in two starts this postseason. "We are way better than they are. We lost to a team not as good as us."

"[On Sunday] they scored on a pop fly they called a hit, which is a joke," said Lackey, referring to a popup that was misplayed into three runs. "[On Monday], they score on a broken-bat ground ball and a fly ball anywhere else in America [except in Fenway Park]. And [Pedroia's] fist-pumping on second like he did something great." :eek:

This is for you John Lackey

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • imalive wrote:

Well John he did actually do something. He got a hit, those have been hard to come by from him this series. He actually did something else. He got the support of his team which is now in ALCS. Something you are not!

I was there last night. It was fucking awesome. From FREE TICKETS!!!! To hitting Boston Beer Works for yummy blueberry beer. To the flowing of Harpoons IPA inside! What a great game. Lester was amazing. To that fantastic heads up play by Tek to get the guy out at 3rd. To guys with the bats in the bottom of the 9th. If anyone else was there last night. I was in the baseball VW Bug. That's my friend's car. It's totally cool. Rawling seats. Baseball for a shifter. Cracker Jack e-brake. Everybody lets you into what ever line you need to get into with that thing.

I am hoping she can pull through for the next series but it might be tough.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
    momofglynn wrote:
    I was there last night. It was fucking awesome. From FREE TICKETS!!!! To hitting Boston Beer Works for yummy blueberry beer. To the flowing of Harpoons IPA inside! What a great game.

Posts like this make me long for Boston ... nothing like the Fenway experience.

• hartamh wrote:
    I can't wait till FRIDAY, am getting pretty psyched!!! ;)

Lester, open up a can of WHIP ASS on those Ray OH YEAH!!!!!!!
    Dice-K is going to start game one according to ESPN.com, which worries me some due to his inconsistency, but all the guys have to do is score 10 runs or so and all his walks shouldn't matter.

I must admit (I believe I posted it several months ago in this thread) but I didn't think they could beat the Angels this year. LA has always been one of those teams I was really indifferent about, but all those damn noisemakers and the fucking monkey really got on my nerves during the series....and how about these comments from John "Titty Baby" Lackey following the Sox win on Monday.....
    "We lost to a team that's not better than us," he grumbled. "We are a better team than they are. The last two days, we shouldn't have given up anything."

"[Sunday] night they scored three runs on a pop fly that was called a hit, which was a joke," he said, talking about Jacoby Ellsbury's popup that fell in front of center fielder Torii Hunter in Game 3.

"[Monday] night they scored on a broken-bat ground ball and a fly ball that anywhere else in America is an out, and he's [Pedroia] fist-pumping on second base like he did something great."

HAHAHA! Its always funny when a grown man all but lays down in the floor and has a kicking and screaming fit. Have a nice offseason, Lackey....what an appropriate name
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,657
    Not fond of the decision to pitch Lester in game 3.
    His regular day is Saturday, pitch him in game 2.
    Hold Beckett back, cause he definitely looks like he's still hurting.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • hartamh wrote:
    I thought Lester was pitching Friday too, but someone said it was Dice K. I'm very :confused: ....

I'd like to see Dice, Lester and then Beckett but maybe Beckett pitching at home is too stressful? I guess Dice can throw 120 pitches and get into the 8th inning and they won't need the bullpen much, where Beckett may go 5 and they'd need 5 guys from the bullpen to close out. Sunday is off and then Monday Lester goes 7 innings with Delcarmen in the 8th and Papel to close out. I'm still not sold on Masterson. He hasn't pitched many innings in the playoffs and his E.R.A. is kinda high for only 3-4 innings worth of playoff work.
    model role model
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    Poncier wrote:
    Not fond of the decision to pitch Lester in game 3.
    His regular day is Saturday, pitch him in game 2.
    Hold Beckett back, cause he definitely looks like he's still hurting.

I kinda like the way the rotation is set up:

You roll the dice (pardon the pun) with Dice K in Game 1.

Beckett with his post season rep pitches Game 2.

Lester has been unbeatable at home goes Game 3.

Roll the dice again with Wakes in Game 4.

Now with all the offdays, you can either go with Dice K or Becks in Game 5 depending on what the situation is.

And you can go with Lester or whoever doesn't pitch in Game 6 depending on the situation

And go with whoever in Game 7.

Setting up the rotation like this gives you a lot of flexibility down the line depending on how the series is going thanks to all the off days.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • By the way, I don't know if it's been posted but if it had been Manny and not Bay on 2nd trying to score the other night, I'm not so sure Manny would have been safe. I doubt he even would have slid home.
    model role model
    I guess Dice can throw 120 pitches and get into the 8th inning and they won't need the bullpen much,

sorry, at 120 pitches, Dice K is still in the 6th ... he HAS to get his walks under control.

vs Tampa this year, he went 1 - 0 in 3 starts ... 15 IP, 17ks, 11BBs and a 3.00 ERA

Lester vs Tampa ... :D ...

3-0 in 3 starts, 20 IP, 19Ks ... 0.90 ERA ... NICE!

Beckett -

2-1 in 5 starts 35 IP, 37ks 2.06 ERA ... let's hope THAT Beckett shows up.

• By the way, I don't know if it's been posted but if it had been Manny and not Bay on 2nd trying to score the other night, I'm not so sure Manny would have been safe. I doubt he even would have slid home.

Manny batted 4th with the sox...Bay batted 6th that game. Manny wouldn't even have been up to bat in that inning. There is no possible way you can compare. People should just stop comparing.

Manny is the best right handed hitter of all time, and Jason Bay makes the Red Sox a better team right now than Manny...That's all you need to know.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • Manny batted 4th with the sox...Bay batted 6th that game. Manny wouldn't even have been up to bat in that inning. There is no possible way you can compare. People should just stop comparing.

Manny is the best right handed hitter of all time, and Jason Bay makes the Red Sox a better team right now than Manny...That's all you need to know.

I was talking skills of each player. I know most likely where they'd be in the lineup. Yes, Manny is a first ballot HOF player, no question. I was just mentioning, since in essence we god rid of Manny for Bay that Manny most likely would have not slid going home, as I've seen him plenty of times just "being Manny" and go home standing up, making them close plays.
    model role model
  • I was talking skills of each player. I know most likely where they'd be in the lineup. Yes, Manny is a first ballot HOF player, no question. I was just mentioning, since in essence we god rid of Manny for Bay that Manny most likely would have not slid going home, as I've seen him plenty of times just "being Manny" and go home standing up, making them close plays.

I suppose, but I just don't think it is fair to compare them...especially in specific situations such as this.

A Dodgers/Sox series would be amazing.
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    I suppose, but I just don't think it is fair to compare them...especially in specific situations such as this.

A Dodgers/Sox series would be amazing.

I agree a Sox/Dodgers series would be amazing, but a Sox/Phillies series wouldn't be that bad.

Tito against the team that fired him. Plus Curt Schilling would be interviewed everywhere in the media.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    Solat13 wrote:

Tito against the team that fired him. Plus Curt Schilling would be interviewed everywhere in the media.

reason enough to not want that scenario.

I hope it is the Dodgers v Sox, I may have a conncetion on series tickets. :D

• jimed14 wrote:
    reason enough to not want that scenario.

I hope it is the Dodgers v Sox, I may have a conncetion on series tickets. :D

You know Frank McCourt? Awesome!!!

And now for a song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqHTScDBsDU
    model role model
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    Red Sox manager Terry Francona today announced his rotation for the ALCS, which
    kicks off on Friday night in St. Petersburg, Fla. against the Rays:

Game 1: Daisuke Matsuzaka
    Game 2: Josh Beckett
    Game 3: Jon Lester
    Game 4: Tim Wakefield
    Game 5: Matsuzaka
    Game 6: Beckett
    Game 7: Lester

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under p wrote:
    Red Sox manager Terry Francona today announced his rotation for the ALCS, which
    kicks off on Friday night in St. Petersburg, Fla. against the Rays:

Game 1: Daisuke Matsuzaka
    Game 2: Josh Beckett
    Game 3: Jon Lester
    Game 4: Tim Wakefield
    Game 5: Matsuzaka
    Game 6: Beckett
    Game 7: Lester

Peace

Glad to see Wake get a start.
  • Glad to see Wake get a start.
    Not me....guaranteed loss

EDIT: Hopefully I will have to eat those words...I would gladly do so

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    My dad and I talked about that very thing....no way in hell Manny would have made it....he would've been out by 10 feet. But, then again, Manny wouldn't have been batting in the same spot in the lineup as was Bay, so Manny probably wouldn't have been the one on second in that situation anyways....but, no, he wouldn't have made it.

• I wouldn't be shocked to see Lester pitch in game 6 if they need to win because there's enough days off in between to let him rest.
    model role model
  • hartamh wrote:
    I wonder how this series with the Rays will be, there's been bad blood between them for a couple of years now :eek:
    Good chance of a brawl I say....three, maybe four, years ago they tangled during spring training. I don't quite remember what brought that on though...and maybe it wasn't that long ago...maybe two years

• LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Are the Championship Series on TBS like the Divisional?
    I know Boston-Tampa Bay is on Friday night...with Daisuke and Sheilds on the mount.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
    LongRd. wrote:
    Are the Championship Series on TBS like the Divisional?
    I know Boston-Tampa Bay is on Friday night...with Daisuke and Sheilds on the mount.

NLCS is on Fox (more McCarver ripping into Manny)
    ALCS is on TBS

• jimed14 wrote:
    ALCS is on TBS
    Yeah, I'm glad I won't have to listen to McCarver and Buck's shit since I could give a rat's ass who win the NL. Those two dudes make me sick

• hartamh wrote:
    I wonder how this series with the Rays will be, there's been bad blood between them for a couple of years now :eek:

Gomes is a punk.
    model role model
  • I'm predicting Dice will come up huge!!! Shutout!!!
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    jimed14 wrote:
    ALCS is on TBS
    Thanks!
    I'm predicting Dice will come up huge!!! Shutout!!!
    Good thinkin'...and hopefully he goes more than 5 innings. Stop walking your batters Dice-K! :p
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • I have a hard time trusting dice in important situations and I don't have a good feeling about tonight....I guess I still have a lot of the pre-2004 mentality left over. But I am always hopeful