Options

Boston Red Sox

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    David Ortiz calling someone "too sensitive" is just fucking beautiful and rich
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,999
    Yaz claiming Papi is the second best hitter in team history opens an interesting debate. Obviously Ted Williams is number one, but after that you could make a case for many guys. Yaz, Jim Rice, Wade Boggs. Even Manny. Babe Ruth was known for his pitching here. Not sure how long Jimmy Foxx was on the team.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    Ortiz came through when needed and got the job done to help get a much needed win. Well done!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Not looking good tonight.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    edited July 2014
    JimmyV said:

Yaz claiming Papi is the second best hitter in team history opens an interesting debate. Obviously Ted Williams is number one, but after that you could make a case for many guys. Yaz, Jim Rice, Wade Boggs. Even Manny. Babe Ruth was known for his pitching here. Not sure how long Jimmy Foxx was on the team.

Yaz and jeter currently have the same number of hits and an identical obp. Yaz had more power, jeter is a SS though
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    man that loss was bad. lets hope for a better game tonight and that is coming from a jay fan
  • Options
    Cuncel the season, have Pearl Jam play an August and September residency at Fenway. :-)

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384

Much like Chris Archer complaining about someone showing him up is quite rich:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeUb__xpf1Q

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Much like Chris Archer complaining about someone showing him up is quite rich:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeUb__xpf1Q

Touche

My point remains. Ortiz is possibly the most sensitive player in baseball.
  • Options
    Why do the Red Sox operate as a small market team?
  • Options

It is a fair question. I don't know if anyone outside the braintrust knows for sure. Not sure why Lester is the test case for fiscal responsibility.

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,561

They have the 4th highest payroll in all of baseball. I think they're around $150 MIL.

• Options
    Ten years since the Nomar trade. In some ways it feels like less, but in more ways it feels like even longer. So much has happened since, and it started almost immediately after he left. He is like a relic from another era.

• Options
    So long, Johnny. You'll be missed.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

Don't worry. You'll get to see him pitch next year at Fenway wearing pinstripes
  • Options

JimmyV said:

Don't worry. You'll get to see him pitch next year at Fenway wearing pinstripes
    Maybe for a year or two. Once the Yankees get involved with high priced offers these guys seem to break down pretty quick.

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,672
    just read about Bucholz's dismissal from mcneese st. What a dickhead. Sorry, H2TM.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Ten years since the Nomar trade. In some ways it feels like less, but in more ways it feels like even longer. So much has happened since, and it started almost immediately after he left. He is like a relic from another era.

juicer.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,561
    imalive said:

JimmyV said:

juicer.

Really? From a Giants fan>LOL

That trade catapulted the Red Sox to a WS Title.
  • Options
    cutz said:

imalive said:

JimmyV said:

juicer.

Really? From a Giants fan>LOL

That trade catapulted the Red Sox to a WS Title.
    just sayin'. definite juicer but a nice guy so no one says shit.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I don't think anyone says shit because what would it accomplish? His career died, he is retired, and he is not HOF worthy. He never played on a championship team or in the World Series. He is actually rather forgettable and if people have forgotten that is no surprise.

• Options
    There was a time not too long ago when a season like this one would have sent the entire region into a depression. Not anymore. 2004 was the breakthrough, but 2007 and 2013 are what really changed things. Now a down year feels only like the anomaly that it is. They'll be back. :-)

• Options
    True Dat! After 2004 I was good for 10 years then 2007 I came down for spring training and met Manny R they won again and 2013 @ Fenway. Hmmmmmm I think I'm good till I reach my end.

Peace

• Options
    edited August 2014
    This is one of the greatest commercials ever filmed. Just perfect for the moment back in 2004.

http://youtu.be/I2JbRYrmf74
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• Options
    JimmyV said:

This is one of the greatest commercials ever filmed. Just perfect for the moment back in 2004.

http://youtu.be/I2JbRYrmf74

Never seen that before that was very nice, thanks.

Peace

• Options
    Is it any surprise, at all, that Reinsdorf had Boston play along with his little game trying to get Werner elected as Commissioner? Of course the small market Boston Red Sox would want a hard ass who hates players making money as the Commissioner

• Options
    That was really well done.

I didn't have as much of a problem with the Mo ceremony as everyone else but they knocked it out of the park today
  • Options
    last year, I figured my Giants had the shittiest year on record, following a world series victory.

your boys outdid them.....by far. thanks.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    No sox fans on here since the beginning of August? I know you guys had a bad year, but wow!
  • Options
    If recent history is any indication (down year in 2006 --> WS in 2007, terrible year in 2012 --> WS in 2013) watch out for the Sox next year.

Just sayin'.