Boston Red Sox

Comments

• nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    this sort of reminds me of that game 3 in 2004 when the yankees kicked the shit out of us.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    u-g-l-y ... emphasis on the "ug" ....
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    ohh boy. not looking good. can they salvage anything tonight??
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
    this is torture.

if there was something better on tv right now, i'd change the channel.
    i think i am just watching now because i want to see the rays hit a grand slam.

its coming soon...
    this is torture.

if there was something better on tv right now, i'd change the channel.

TELL ME ABOUT IT!!! there's nothing good on tonight! :mad: :(

I'm gonna go shower and hope that the game is over by the time I get out.
    6/11/08 WPB

• LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    well, looks like it's gonna be 3 straight wins in Game 5,6, & 7 or the season is over. the pitching and batting is not great as last year so it'll be much harder to repeat that again.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    WOW and Double WOW....I just got home from my daugther's school doing my volunteer hours. The SOX are getting crushed!

Well now it's time to bear down and win 3 in a row, Sox fans we KNOW this can be done.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

wow big papi got a triple? it only took an hour for him to round the bags.
    WAKE EM UP PAPI!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• wow, ortiz gets hits when it doesn't matter....this is new.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
    wow, ortiz gets hits when it doesn't matter....this is new.

Gotta start somewhere.

Peace

• Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    this is just fucking insane. Twice in a row beaten at home.

The fans are crying here man, wake the fuck up!!

Get in the game (at least next game)
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
    alright, Game 5 on Thursday night. Dice-K on the mound.
    6/11/08 WPB

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,901
    this reminds of the past red sox meltdowns pre-2004.
    You guys had a nice run. It may be over. :eek:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    You guys had a nice run. It may be over. :eek:

Thanks for putting the may in there cause *It ain't Over, TILL it's Over*

The Sox win the next one and the pressure is on the RAYS they don't want a game 7, trust me they don't.

Peace

• I am REALLY looking forward to Thursday. I am very excited for the sox, I think that they will wake up after tonight and the giant is now released.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • I am REALLY looking forward to Thursday. I am very excited for the sox, I think that they will wake up after tonight and the giant is now released.
    Way to stay positive.....but it ain't happening this year.
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    Way to stay positive.....but it ain't happening this year.

Don't be so sure.

Peace

• petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    The nation is crumbling! nice run boys but your day has come
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • g under p wrote:
    Don't be so sure.

Peace
    I try to be positive as much as possible but I have felt from early in the season that there just something missing this season. Even if Manny had played to his full capability and was still with the team I don't think they had "IT". Papi isn't right, Beckett never was, Lowell was basically a non-factor all season, Schill was on the shelf and Drew has been a comer and a goer. Personally, I think it is amazing they did as well as they did this season.
    Whether they make a miraculous comeback in this series or not (and I pray I am wrong about that) some major moves will have to be made in the offseason if the Sox are going to continue to be at the top of the league. I'm glad I won't be the one trying to keep it together because there are going to be waaaaaay too many uncertainties heading into 2009. Can Lowell bounce back after hip surgery? Has Beckett's time come and gone? Can Dice-K really be counted on to be a first or second starter (IMO: Probably not because most of his wins this season were just shit house luck and that will play out) and what about Papi, the slugger with the bum wrist? Poor Theo.
    So, what do they need? I think they absolutely must add another power bat whether Papi is going to get his groove back or not. He isn't the same player without the protection Manny gave him in the lineup.
    On paper, Lester, Dice-K and Beckett are a bad ass three-headed monster in the rotation, but Lester, to me, is the only one I feel like can be counted on at this point. And even Lester probably can't be a highly successful #1 starter. So, they need to go out and get a prime time free agent pitcher, too.

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    petrocs wrote:
    The nation is crumbling! nice run boys but your day has come

I really don't think "the nation" is crumbling. They're getting beat by a better team. 04 and 07 the Sox were the best teams, this year however they are not. I do think "the run" is up in the air though as it will be tough in the AL east to make the playoffs now that the Rays are there and the Yanks will be back.

The Rays have the look and the feel that they have the team set up for a 3 in 5 years or 3 in 6 years run for championships. They just look incredible right now.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    I really don't think "the nation" is crumbling. They're getting beat by a better team. 04 and 07 the Sox were the best teams, this year however they are not. I do think "the run" is up in the air though as it will be tough in the AL east to make the playoffs now that the Rays are there and the Yanks will be back.

The Rays have the look and the feel that they have the team set up for a 3 in 5 years or 3 in 6 years run for championships. They just look incredible right now.

I would agree with that
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • I wouldn't necessarily say the Nation is crumbling, but I think it is definitely teetering on the edge of a fall from grace.....the offseason, like I said before, will be crucial.
    And the Rays are a better team this year. When I ran cross country in high school this kid showed up at practice one day and said he wanted to run but he had never tried it before, just thought he would like it. All of us who had been running mile after mile every day laughed because we just knew he couldn't take it and he would break easily. But he was great and won the state championship (I finished third that year by the way). The reason he was good was because he was totally oblivious to the fact that it was supposed to be hard. The Rays, in a lot of ways, remind me of that dude....they're young and bullheaded and could give a shit that they are playing the defending champions. Blocking out what is "supposed to be" and taking care of business even though everybody tells them winning in the playoffs is too hard for such a young team with virtually no playoff experience (what, something like four games total?) is what has made them great this year to me.

Oh, and I always suggested that lying sack of shit who "all of a sudden with no training" decided he wanted to run cross country was more full of stuffing than a Christmas turkey

I wouldn't necessarily say the Nation is crumbling, but I think it is definitely teetering on the edge of a fall from grace.....the offseason, like I said before, will be crucial

They have enough tools to make moves in the off season to fix things. They've got $36 million being freed up and I think they have a few dead deals coming off the books. They should have the money and the chips on the farm to do what they need to do.

They'll resign Varitek but for less than the $10 million that they're paying him now. I think that they're going to make a run at AJ Burnett. There's really not a lot out there as far as bats are concerned. I think they'll sign Bay to a deal in the off season. Something like 4 for $48 million.

It'll be interesting to see what they do.
  • Fuck the Red Sox. Seriously let's just get this over with at this point.

They are not playing like defending World Series Champs, and they deserve to lose.

Everyone in Boston today is crying "2004" and "2007" and it's so lame. SO lame. Season over. Let's go golfing.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,901
    g under p wrote:
    Thanks for putting the may in there cause *It ain't Over, TILL it's Over*

The ALCS is definitely over. The run of excellence "may" be over. :eek:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    people got to relax ... what are we really talking about here? A three game winning streak?

Not that outlandish when you think about it.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    people got to relax ... what are we really talking about here? A three game winning streak?

Not that outlandish when you think about it.

Yeah, except it's to a team that has put up 31 runs and 10 HR's in the last 3 games against you. Also when you're hitting .150 with runners in scoring position, it doesn't help the cause.

I'd love to see them come back but I just don't think it'll happen this year.
  • It is certainly over, but several months ago in this very thread (I believe) I said there was no way in hell the Sox would ever get by the Angels this year....so they have exceeded my expectations. I was wrong about the Angels, but it is GUARANTEED they cannot and will not beat the Rays three straight.....I find it doubtful they will even win Thursday