Options

Boston Red Sox

Comments

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    It is gonna be a great pitchers duel today for sure!!!

Go M's!!!
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,504
    Dice-K looked decent, not superb. On the other hand, Hernandez was nearly unhittable. This kid is the real deal. At 21 years of age (turned 21 on Sunday) he has some nasty stuff. Not too bad to start the season the way he has. In 2 starts he has allowed 4 hits and 0 earned runs (17 innings, 18 strikeouts, 4 BB, 1 CG shutout). Hopefully the Sox can get the bats to come alive tomorrow (if it doesn't snow)...
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    The Boston Lumber Co has to open up and score some runs for Dice!!!
  • Options
    The comeback last night was awesome. That being said, Arod is on a tear like I've never seen. He has been amazing. As long as we can pull out a win, I'm happy. Beckett has looked very sharp so let's hope that continues today. Game is on Fox at 4pm ET. Tomorrow night, Dice-K will get his first true feel of this rivalry.
    Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Interesting article/video interview by Bob Ryan here:
    http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2007/04/20/start_of_something_too_big/

Basically he says that the Boston fans are starting to ruin this rivalry and starting to take away from it in his mind.
  • Options
    Interesting article/video interview by Bob Ryan here:
    http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2007/04/20/start_of_something_too_big/

Basically he says that the Boston fans are starting to ruin this rivalry and starting to take away from it in his mind.
    I can see where he's coming from but I don't agree. I think it adds to the fun and enjoyment of the games. I come from NC where the Carolina-Duke rivalry is about as heated as they come and I love all the trash talk. I loved the atmosphere when I went to a couple Sox-Yankees games at Fenway back in 2001. There is nothing like it. I wear my Yankees Suck t-shirts on a regular basis even now. I'm a Sox fan and I'm bred to hate the Yankees, plain and simple.
    Good back n forth game for the start yesterday before Ortiz put it away. Go for the sweep tonight with the Diceman.
  • Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    :):):):):)
    Fuck A-Rod.

David Ortiz for President!
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    This Matzusaka guy aint shit.....pitch inside to A-Rod does not mean plunk him in the back after an 8 pitch walk to Abreau and before a 2 run double. Boston paid this guy a rot a rot of money and so far he is a brust.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    what an inning!!!:D 4 homers in a row
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    culot4 wrote:
    This Matzusaka guy aint shit.....pitch inside to A-Rod does not mean plunk him in the back after an 8 pitch walk to Abreau and before a 2 run double. Boston paid this guy a rot a rot of money and so far he is a brust.
    I doubt I'd term him a bust. He pitched well in the 2 games he lost, just got outdueled in each case, losing 3-0 and 2-1.
    Last night was his first kind of poor outing, the Yankee lineup will do that to a lot of pitchers, and he still got a W.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Again, small sample size. Like everyone has their best stuff every game. You have to pitch inside to be effective. He'll learn. Anyways everyone stands over the plate these days. Jeter and A-Rod got plunked, nature of the business. (yes I know Ortiz does it too)
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    NitroNitro Posts: 264
    I love how if the Yankees swept the Sox there would be a ton of new Yankees threads from obnoxious fans. Now? nope. eerily quiet.
  • Options
    Yes. Red Sox swept. Yes they played great baseball. Yes its April. 147 games & 5 months left.
    I have to say though...honestly.....
    The Yanks were missing some key guys again while the sox had their A team all around the board. The other thing that suprised me was the Sox had their TOP 3 ace pitchers going and the Yanks handled each one of them. 6 runs of each one i think. Yanks pitching expcept for petitt lost this series hands down.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    culot4 wrote:
    said the guy from baltimore :rolleyes:
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    hitters are always ahead of pitchers at this time of the year, it makes sense the yanks bats did well.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    Yes. Red Sox swept. Yes they played great baseball. Yes its April. 147 games & 5 months left.
    I have to say though...honestly.....
    The Yanks were missing some key guys again while the sox had their A team all around the board. The other thing that suprised me was the Sox had their TOP 3 ace pitchers going and the Yanks handled each one of them. 6 runs of each one i think. Yanks pitching expcept for petitt lost this series hands down.
    Very true. It's a worrying thing too. Except that it's April. I can't think of any team that won a world series by bashing the hell out of the other team. (Unless they had good pitching too) It's always about pitching in October. The Yankees line-up wasnt too bad last year either. Didn't help them much against those Tigers.

Good pitching beats good hitting. The question for Sox fans is will this staff be good enough all year and strong in the playoffs?
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    Poncier wrote:
    Last night was his first kind of poor outing, the Yankee lineup will do that to a lot of pitchers, and he still got a W.

Exactly. That line up is sick.
    The other thing that suprised me was the Sox had their TOP 3 ace pitchers going and the Yanks handled each one of them. 6 runs of each one i think. Yanks pitching expcept for petitt lost this series hands down.

Its a team game.

To those who say 3 games in April do not mean much dont know baseball. Every game counts, otherwise, they wouldnt play em'. If the sox finish 2 games ahead of the Yankees in October, these games meant everything.

6 runs off Dice, 4 runs off Becket, and 5 off Schilling. Against that line up, not too shabby.

2 runs off the bullpen...not too shabby either.

sox lineup, D, and pitching is top notch. they have a very balanced team. Even Yankee fans know that. They may not admit it, but they know it.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    Its a team game.

To those who say 3 games in April do not mean much dont know baseball. Every game counts, otherwise, they wouldnt play em'. If the sox finish 2 games ahead of the Yankees in October, these games meant everything.

6 runs off Dice, 4 runs off Becket, and 5 off Schilling. Against that line up, not too shabby.

2 runs off the bullpen...not too shabby either.

sox lineup, D, and pitching is top notch. they have a very balanced team. Even Yankee fans know that. They may not admit it, but they know it.[/quote]

I know every game/series counts. Just saying its important to remember that there is A LOT of baseaball left where a lot can happen. The yanks hit a bump in the road early this year with all the injuries. The sox are solid and balanced. Lets see if they can hold up all year. I will admit i think the AL is there's to lose this year. Lets see how they handle the adversity and injuried that every team faces throughout the season.
    If there was any Yankee positive this past weekend it was that the big 3 sox pitchers were handled. Not one ace shut them down. Even with the lineup of melky, kevin thompson, will nieves, josh phelps, doug ".125 meintekeiwic...forget about the fact the two minor league rookies were pitching
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    When the Yankees swept the Sox in that 5 game series last year, partly due to injury, Yanks fans felt no sympathy so I feel non for the yanks, they brought in guys to pitch who they thought could do the job and they couldn't.

And it isn't just injuries either, Rivera looks vulnerable, and when you have to bring Pettit in for relief, you can't have that much faith in your overworked bullpen.

Plus when guys who had been struggling at the plate like Coco and Varitek come up huge it totally changes the game, regardless of who is pitching.

And these games mean something, how many years have we seen it come down to one or two game differences at the very end of the season? Say what you want this was huge for the Sox.

Go Boston!!!!!
    I was taught a month ago to bide my time and take it slow, but then I learned just yesterday to rush and never waste a day. Now I'm convinced the whole day long that all I've learned is always wrong. Things are true that I forget, but no one taught that to me yet
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    When the Yankees swept the Sox in that 5 game series last year, partly due to injury, Yanks fans felt no sympathy so I feel non for the yanks, they brought in guys to pitch who they thought could do the job and they couldn't.

And it isn't just injuries either, Rivera looks vulnerable, and when you have to bring Pettit in for relief, you can't have that much faith in your overworked bullpen.

Plus when guys who had been struggling at the plate like Coco and Varitek come up huge it totally changes the game, regardless of who is pitching.

And these games mean something, how many years have we seen it come down to one or two game differences at the very end of the season? Say what you want this was huge for the Sox.

Go Boston!!!!!

Agreed. This sweep was huge.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    said the guy from baltimore :rolleyes:

Look at the standings bitch. We don't have the luxury of a gazillion dollar payroll yet our pitching thus far has been stellar. See your asses Wednesday at the Yard.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    Hahaha he has a point, Orioles are in 2nd bro.

I'm excited to see if the Sox can keep this momentum going against the Jays. Wakefield made them look like a bunch of chumps last week and I hope he does it again.
    I was taught a month ago to bide my time and take it slow, but then I learned just yesterday to rush and never waste a day. Now I'm convinced the whole day long that all I've learned is always wrong. Things are true that I forget, but no one taught that to me yet
  • Options
    Big sweep, a mild payback for the 5 gamer done by them last season. Happy with how they responded after being down both Friday and Sunday. Dice-K had his worst start Sunday yet, but they still pulled it through. But it all comes again next weekend.....
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    looked pretty good tonight for the boys. I know it's early. I will never count out the Yankees ever. But it feels pretty good to be 15-7 right now.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    momofglynn wrote:
    looked pretty good tonight for the boys. I know it's early. I will never count out the Yankees ever. But it feels pretty good to be 15-7 right now.
    Damn straight. You know the Yankees will wake up eventually. I am riding high on the Sox though! Just wait until Manny warms up...
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    when manny warms up
    watch out

already 11 runs tonight ... imagine a few more home runs

cant wait for wakefield tomorrow

r we gonna get the broom out again

i figured we would take 2 out of 3 this wknd
    and tomorrow would be the nigth

not to be pesimistic but... we have tavares nigth3
    and WANG is coming back
    IMO thats the only decent pitcher that will beat us

Cross ur fingers for tavares

tomorrow night..... sox win again!!!!

this is getting crazy

if we keep playing like this WORLD SERIES

i just dont understand why we cant have more consistance with the hitting
    WE dont bring it to TORONTO ....
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    :):):):):)
    Fuck A-Rod.

David Ortiz for President!

I LOVE PAPI

but my fav right now is DREW
    hopefully he stays healthy!!!!
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    Sox are still looking good. Manny has caught fire, finally. Good to see the guys playing well. We need to give Dice-K a few more starts before we get worried. He has pitched very well other that 1 bad inning per game. He needs to eliminate that and he'll be lights out.
    western pearlwestern pearl Posts: 632
    Man, good series going between the Sox and Tigers! Pretty much expected it to go this way so far. The Tigers are pretty good knuckleball hitters. The next two games should be pretty entertaining.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"