I caught some shit here lately

Comments

• cory wrote:
    Good question. Before I played guitar, and even now, I judge songs on lyrical content and the delivery of it. That's still what I do today. Basically because I'm a singer a heart. That's how I judge songe today. It's one of the reasons I don't like Radiohead. Thom and I sing in different keys so that turns me off, then again, his lyrics don't do much for me either.

Fair enough. I can respect that. But have you ever said a movie sucked?;)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    cory wrote:
    I didn't say that. I can sing in higher pitches, but they don't give me energy. I can scream metal songs, but if I've been drinking, the sustained screams give me headaches. My natural singing voice is like you hear on the Porch clip. It comes out of my mouth like that. I don't have to force it.

To sum up: You're 100% wrong.

Anyway, clip?

That's what I thought.
    For fuckssake, what's with the arrogance all of a sudden. I didn't even comment on your music so I dont know why you're doing this competition thing. If you really want to though, here are some of my songs. Enjoy.

http://www.myspace.com/theantipsychoticbudweisercombination

Oh I'm sorry, what was that you thought? :rolleyes:
    Now enough of this silliness please :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • corycory Posts: 736
    It's the way you're going about it is so ridiculous though. It would be one thing to ask people to share their music, but the fact that you're making it a competition is fucking stupid.

You're right. And posting a Little Mermaid clip wasn't stupid either.

I think it's only fair to hear the voices and music of the critics since you guys are clearly superior to anyone who's ever played before.

Remember, just you, a guitar, and a mic. If I don't see you post a clip, I'll know you have no room to talk.

The competition thing came about because I was personally attacked. I never attacked any one of you motherfuckers. Now it's time to put up or shut up.

Like I said, if you're music is good, I'll admit that it is. If not, I'll scroll to another thread.
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • cory wrote:

I think it's only fair to hear the voices and music of the critics since you guys are clearly superior to anyone who's ever played before.

Remember, just you, a guitar, and a mic. If I don't see you post a clip, I'll know you have no room to talk.

The competition thing came about because I was personally attacked. I never attacked any one of you motherfuckers. Now it's time to put up or shut up.

Like I said, if you're music is good, I'll admit that it is. If not, I'll scroll to another thread.

Ok, 1. the Little mermaid thing was heeeelarious.

2. I can talk whenever I want.

3. You may judge songs on their vox, I judge them on instrumentation. I am a musician. I play guitar, bass, drums, and keyboards. My vocal skills are not that strong, so you would probably have me beat there. Are you happy now?
    cory wrote:

Since when do you need to practice an art in order to pass critical comment on it? Like someone asked earlier, have you ever said a film was shit? If so, I sincerely hope you made a better one. and no, I'm not criticising your work and even if I was, I'm allowed to, right? Cos I posted some of my own :) Not meaning to sound like an asshole here, just observing some slight hypocrisy here.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    For fuckssake, what's with the arrogance all of a sudden. I didn't even comment on your music so I dont know why you're doing this competition thing. If you really want to though, here are some of my songs. Enjoy.

http://www.myspace.com/theantipsychoticbudweisercombination

Oh I'm sorry, what was that you thought? :rolleyes:
    Now enough of this silliness please :)

I truly appeciate you sharing that. Listening to Someday Somehow right now. Not bad. Do you guys have 2 singers are or those effects?

Ok, 1. the Little mermaid thing was heeeelarious.

2. I can talk whenever I want.

3. You may judge songs on their vox, I judge them on instrumentation. I am a musician. I play guitar, bass, drums, and keyboards. My vocal skills are not that strong, so you would probably have me beat there. Are you happy now?

Agreed. I am satisfied with that.

That was not so hard was it? Hardly worth 19 pages of shit that's been written.

• cory wrote:
    Agreed. I am satisfied with that.

That was not so hard was it? Hardly worth 19 pages of shit that's been written.

Wow...this is quite sad.
    cory wrote:
    I truly appeciate you sharing that. Listening to Someday Somehow right now. Not bad. Do you guys have 2 singers are or those effects?
    Myself and my brother both sing. He tends to handle most of the lead vocals except on a few songs but I do backing vocals on most songs. I sing the "lay my head to rest" parts on that song.
    Wow...this is quite sad.

You know what's sad. We would get along in person. You would be like a great-uncle to me.

• cory wrote:
    You know what's sad. We would get along in person. You would be like a great-uncle to me.

Come again?

Also, I have music with my singing on a myspace page. It's just that it has my pic on it and I'm sort of hesitant to show it to you after all the violent threats.
    Come again?

I'm sorry dude. I thought you were in your mid-40's or 50's.

Fair enough. I can respect that. But have you ever said a movie sucked?;)

Sure....but Martin Scorcese isn't as accessible as a daytimedilemma or a jeremy000098456362. They can openly criricize you but then you can ask them for their work right there on the spot. They have an opportunity to back the talk up. You see?

Believe me, I see where you're going with this.

• Alright, I'll post something...but it's not me singing...yet.

This is a completely improvised jam that a couple of buddies did last summer for their audio production class. They needed a band to come in for some live recording. None of this was rehearsed, and I play guitar. So yeah...

http://download.yousendit.com/5945810847C514B9
  • cory wrote:
    Sure....but Martin Scorcese isn't as accessible as a daytimedilemma or a jeremy000098456362. They can openly criricize you but then you can ask them for their work right there on the spot. They have an opportunity to back the talk up. You see?

Sure, but the fact is, they're just a name on a computer screen. You should be taking this as personally as Scorcese would take talk from you or me. If you don't like them criticising your stuff on a forum, put them on your ignore list. Wasn't it the pointlessness of arguing over the internet that made you retire before?
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    cory wrote:

How dare you?! we only have the hits (:D) up on that myspace page. If you had heard "Medieval rapist song" or "Take that suburban edge of your sweatpants, Jerome" (we really do have a song called that) then you wouldn't be calling us accessible :rolleyes:

My music = more esoteric than Scorcese's films. Accessible indeed... sheesh.

EDIT - I just realised you meant accessible as in "able to be gotten hold of". I'm going to leave the post here for amusement however.
    Sure, but the fact is, they're just a name on a computer screen. You should be taking this as personally as Scorcese would take talk from you or me. If you don't like them criticising your stuff on a forum, put them on your ignore list. Wasn't it the pointlessness of arguing over the internet that made you retire before?

Good point. I may have to retire................again;)

Alright, I'll post something...but it's not me singing...yet.

This is a completely improvised jam that a couple of buddies did last summer for their audio production class. They needed a band to come in for some live recording. None of this was rehearsed, and I play guitar. So yeah...

not bad at all. especially coming from Satan's son:)

• in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    It looks as though you people are very jealous of Cory and his musical talent, and that is so funny. Why criticize when it's obvious he is good? You are making a big deal over NOTHING. Get real... Who cares?
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • It looks as though you people are very jealous of Cory and his musical talent, and that is so funny. Why criticize when it's obvious he is good? You are making a big deal over NOTHING. Get real... Who cares?

Hey, he started this ridiculous "competition."
    Alright, I'll post something...but it's not me singing...yet.

Oh great, another link to another Disney movie! What is it this time, Aladdin?
    "What a stupid lamb."
  • Oh great, another link to another Disney movie! What is it this time, Aladdin?

Uh, no.
    It looks as though you people are very jealous of Cory and his musical talent, and that is so funny. Why criticize when it's obvious he is good? You are making a big deal over NOTHING. Get real... Who cares?
    I hope you weren't including me in that :o I never criticised his music, I merely asked why his approach in this thread is so aggressive. I think the reason people are still posting is that it is CORY who is making a big deal out of it. HE cares obviously. Lord knows why. His songs are really good :) I don't know why he so desperately seeks validation in a bunch of people he doesn't even know, I certainly don't know why he has to challenge everyone to a competition before they can pass comment.
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I hope you weren't including me in that :o I never criticised his music, I merely asked why his approach in this thread is so aggressive. I think the reason people are still posting is that it is CORY who is making a big deal out of it. HE cares obviously. Lord knows why. His songs are really good :) I don't know why he so desperately seeks validation in a bunch of people he doesn't even know, I certainly don't know why he has to challenge everyone to a competition before they can pass comment.

No, I wasn't including you. I guess cory wanted to share some of his music with some of the people on here. I'm glad he did...:)
    "What a stupid lamb."
    Hey, he started this ridiculous "competition."

You started it with your "lame ass 3 chord song" comment.

I have OTHER songs you know?

That comment just pissed me off for whatever reason.

The fact is, we're all not very good comercially or we wouldn't be bitching on a Pearl Jam message board.

• cory wrote:
    You started it with your "lame ass 3 chord song" comment.

I have OTHER songs you know?

That comment just pissed me off for whatever reason.

The fact is, we're all not very good comercially or we wouldn't be bitching on a Pearl Jam message board.

I made a comment yes, but I didn't start this monstrosity of a thread.

very good commercially? Explain.
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    My GOD! Is this cock off still going???? :rolleyes:

You boys all need to get laid! :p
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:

You boys all need to get laid! :p

True.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    go post some more of your lame ass 3 chord songs you fraud. quit your bitching too.
    www.myspace.com
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    True.

I always speak the truth! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift