I caught some shit here lately

corycory Posts: 736
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
on my playing skills. You folks realize that I'm not a musician. I don't get around with my buddies and jam for hours. I don't write songs everyday. Fuck, I've never had a lesson. Then I get this shit "Post some more of your lame ass 3 chord songs" and all that shit which is hilarious because most of your great songs are just that. 3 or 4 chord songs that move people. Look, I suck on guitar. But, I can probably sing better than most of you. youtube it and prove me wrong. I'll do the same. But I'm sick of the guys who have great skill on the guitar but couldn't sing a corpse to sleep. Stop hating bitches. You don't like what I post, post something better. Maybe we should have a board contest of who can sing and playing Whipping, Betterman, Indifference, TYAAM, Master of War, original stuff, or whatever. I'm game. I'm not embarrassed to post some shit on here. And then the people can judge. I'm game. Just let me know. I'd like to put all the smart assed comments to rest. I challenge you all and am willing to accept defeat in grace.
Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    WTF cory? What do you mean you are not a musician...you could have fooled me!! I love your material..YOU ARE REALLY GOOD!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Cory! Come now lovely! Your Against The Sun is one of the finest songs I know and I listen to it every day nearly. It's sure saved my life lately. :)

Who gives a shit about the haters? Don't let the bastards grind you down! :)

Oh and just in case you're in any doubt, let us not forget that me Ma thinks you're awesome! ;):D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    Cory, I've never seen your videos, or heard your songs or anything...

but if you want the negative comments directed else where, I could always post a youtube video of me singing, and then everyone would go deaf!

oh wait, I would never post anything of myself because I don't have the balls..

so regardless of what you sound like, good or bad, props to having the balls to share.
  • Cory, I've never seen your videos, or heard your songs or anything...

but if you want the negative comments directed else where, I could always post a youtube video of me singing, and then everyone would go deaf!

oh wait, I would never post anything of myself because I don't have the balls..

so regardless of what you sound like, good or bad, props to having the balls to share.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uDhoR921_s ;)
    NERDS!
  • roarroar Posts: 1,116
    haters gettin mad cuz i got me some bathin apes.
    youuuuu.
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    cory wrote:
    on my playing skills. You folks realize that I'm not a musician. I don't get around with my buddies and jam for hours. I don't write songs everyday. Fuck, I've never had a lesson. Then I get this shit "Post some more of your lame ass 3 chord songs" and all that shit which is hilarious because most of your great songs are just that. 3 or 4 chord songs that move people. Look, I suck on guitar. But, I can probably sing better than most of you. youtube it and prove me wrong. I'll do the same. But I'm sick of the guys who have great skill on the guitar but couldn't sing a corpse to sleep. Stop hating bitches. You don't like what I post, post something better. Maybe we should have a board contest of who can sing and playing Whipping, Betterman, Indifference, TYAAM, Master of War, original stuff, or whatever. I'm game. I'm not embarrassed to post some shit on here. And then the people can judge. I'm game. Just let me know. I'd like to put all the smart assed comments to rest. I challenge you all and am willing to accept defeat in grace.
    two words.........

fuck 'em
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    cory my friend, people are just jealous of you and the skill you posess. hold your head high and feel proud! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Cory, are you singing?!!?

:D Good huh? :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    SENROCK! wrote:
    cory my friend, people are just jealous of you and the skill you posess. hold your head high and feel proud! :D

SENROCK!!!! MY METAL BUDDY....:)
    "What a stupid lamb."
  • GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    Dude, with a post like that I expect you to pull like a William Hung..

You're an excellent singer! Who cares what people say, they either wish they could sing like that, or have some other issue with you and are trying to get at you..

The clip of you singing porch was awesome!
  • culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Your arrogant attitude is sort of douche but you do have a decent voice in an imitation of someone else sort of way.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    SENROCK!!!! MY METAL BUDDY....:)

thats right!!!! :D whaddup yo? feeling better?
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    culot4 wrote:
    Your arrogant attitude is sort of douche but you do have a decent voice in an imitation of someone else sort of way.

He never sounds arrogant too me...I love to listen to his music!!
    "What a stupid lamb."
    SENROCK! wrote:
    thats right!!!! :D whaddup yo? feeling better?

I am feeling way better, thanks!! :)
    "What a stupid lamb."
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i can only play thrash triangle. so you get mad props from me :D
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    cory wrote:

fuck em.
    who's gives a rats ass what they think/say about your musical ability
    don't worry about it
    you play well, i watched your clips.
    i dunno if i heard you sing or not.
    doesnt matter, you do it, you love it, screw the ones pushing you down.
    be yourself.
    you dont even need challenge any of them.

ive gotten alot of crap from ppl about my writing poetry bit.
    its lovey dovey earthy poetry which is just me, it's my groove i fit in.
    ppl say, "but dude it makes no sence,
    you're a big tattooed truck driver".
    they say "it just doesnt add up"
    im like it doesn't matter, it's me.

rock on bud, rock on.

btw, some people are just plain rude..
    don't pay em any attention..
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • corycory Posts: 736
    culot4 wrote:

we sing in similar keys. i am by no means eddie vedder. i do challenge any of you critics to post just you and a guitar and i'll beat you. post your clips in this thread. let's start easy with whipping. any takers?

oh, and i appreciate all the positive comments from my lady friends. most of you have multiple clips of various stuff. the feedback has ben great other than a couple of folks like daytimedilemma and brainofpj. settle it by posting your shit.

• Your playing reminds me of cat's mating, which is pretty good considering your human and have never got it on with a cat before.....uhh...well maybe that last part...not sure if that's what you meant by lessons.

hehe
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    cory wrote:
    we sing in similar keys. i am by no means eddie vedder. i do challenge any of you critics to post just you and a guitar and i'll beat you. post your clips in this thread. let's start easy with whipping. any takers?

oh, and i appreciate all the positive comments from my lady friends. most of you have multiple clips of various stuff. the feedback has ben great other than a couple of folks like daytimedilemma and brainofpj. settle it by posting your shit.

I'm not dogging you at all. If I were in a bar and you got up and started singing PJ songs I would enjoy it because you do have a good cover voice.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
    culot4 wrote:
    I'm not dogging you at all. If I were in a bar and you got up and started singing PJ songs I would enjoy it because you do have a good cover voice.

i understand. when i play solo, i sound a lot like ed in some ways. most of the original stuff i work on is haeavy stuff like sepultura, slipknot, pantera...mainly because it relesaes more negative energy. i don't cover them. i write my own. i have one i need to post that i'm pretty proud of.

One thing I've noticed is that when you play out and there are 10 other performers, everybody goes out of their way to say nice things to everybody instead of saying nothing at all if they sucked. They encourage you. But here, you get a few that just like to put your shit down. But I'll bet lyrically, on a ballad type song, my song is better than any ballad daytimedilemma could put together. Put it on here and prove me wrong. If I'm wrong, I'll say I'm wrong. If not, then why the fucking hate. It's not like I fucked your mom.

• Your playing makes want to hurt myself, and torture small animals..

in a good way though ... :D
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
    Your playing makes want to hurt myself, and torture small animals..

in a good way though ... :D

Ummmm thanks?

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    your're awesome !!!!!!!!!!!
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    your're awesome !!!!!!!!!!!

Awww shucks;)

Far from it my friend.

I picked it up too late. Been playing from 6 years. Very sporatically.

• PJ_SalukiPJ_Saluki Posts: 1,006
    Wow. Get over yourself.
    "Almost all those politicians took money from Enron, and there they are holding hearings. That's like O.J. Simpson getting in the Rae Carruth jury pool." -- Charles Barkley
    PJ_Saluki wrote:
    Wow. Get over yourself.

Explain coherently just what the fuck that means.

• PJ_SalukiPJ_Saluki Posts: 1,006
    Who cares if you can sing or if people think you stink. Do what you do, and to hell with everything else. Don't mope about perceived slights. Get over yourself. It's not a contest.
    "Almost all those politicians took money from Enron, and there they are holding hearings. That's like O.J. Simpson getting in the Rae Carruth jury pool." -- Charles Barkley
    PJ_Saluki wrote:
    Who cares if you can sing or if people think you stink. Do what you do, and to hell with everything else. Don't mope about perceived slights. Get over yourself. It's not a contest.

See that's just it. Hear me out. I feel like the people that criticize you are too afraid to post their own shit. So that makes me wonder why bother criticizing something you can't beat. I'm sure they have bands and that's fine. I just want to hear the music (individually) of the people talking shit to see if I have a legitimate gripe or is this just message board pussy shit. It's actually pretty simple. If you're better, prove it. If not, leave the negativity at home. It all comes down to be being curious. There's nothing wrong with that is there?I think my offer was pretty simple. Accept it or not. But if you don't show us what you got, then why be a pussy and say something sucks if you can't back it.

Get over yourself is an overused term that has no meaning. If you're that much better, show me. That's all. You, a guitar, and your voice. Simple as that.

Something tangible ends all debates.

See where I coming from?