I caught some shit here lately

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,187
    cory wrote:
    on my playing skills. You folks realize that I'm not a musician. I don't get around with my buddies and jam for hours. I don't write songs everyday. Fuck, I've never had a lesson. Then I get this shit "Post some more of your lame ass 3 chord songs" and all that shit which is hilarious because most of your great songs are just that. 3 or 4 chord songs that move people. Look, I suck on guitar. But, I can probably sing better than most of you. youtube it and prove me wrong. I'll do the same. But I'm sick of the guys who have great skill on the guitar but couldn't sing a corpse to sleep. Stop hating bitches. You don't like what I post, post something better. Maybe we should have a board contest of who can sing and playing Whipping, Betterman, Indifference, TYAAM, Master of War, original stuff, or whatever. I'm game. I'm not embarrassed to post some shit on here. And then the people can judge. I'm game. Just let me know. I'd like to put all the smart assed comments to rest. I challenge you all and am willing to accept defeat in grace.

i thought by the title of thread ,you caught the crabs or some shit from dirty sex but no i believe you are talented ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    i thought by the title of thread ,you caught the crabs or some shit from dirty sex but no i believe you are talented ...

What happens at Mookie9999's house of torture, stays at Mookie9999's house of torture. :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    cory sounds like an insecure frat boy beating his chest about how much better he is than everyone else and crying when someone disagrees. Do you really need people to stroke your ego that bad? Yawn. :rolleyes:
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • bottom line is - once you have decided to release your work in a public forum, you are inviting ANYONE and EVERYONE to critique it. Some may be qualified to judge, some may not be. But everyone has an opinion, and if you are not prepared to take the good with the bad (regardless of whether you feel someone is worthy enough of judging you), then perhaps you shouldn't post your work until you can comfortably decipher qualified critical comments from people just wanting to troll you.
  • corycory Posts: 736
    cory sounds like an insecure frat boy beating his chest about how much better he is than everyone else and crying when someone disagrees. Do you really need people to stroke your ego that bad? Yawn. :rolleyes:

all of that thought that went into your post, yet you forgot one thing.....your fucking clip. all i'm saying is criticize all you'd like but let's hear the talent of the criticizers. i think that's pretty fair. go ahead....we're all ears.
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    bottom line is - once you have decided to release your work in a public forum, you are inviting ANYONE and EVERYONE to critique it. Some may be qualified to judge, some may not be. But everyone has an opinion, and if you are not prepared to take the good with the bad (regardless of whether you feel someone is worthy enough of judging you), then perhaps you shouldn't post your work until you can comfortably decipher qualified critical comments from people just wanting to troll you.

indeed.
    and since when must one actually BE a musician, an artist, a film director, a chef, etc...before they are allowed to offer an opinion and/or critique? it seems if the critique is all good/positive/glowing....that's a-ok, but to offer any negative feedback is a no-no? opinions are just that, opinions. now, there are more educated/informed opinions....people who 'know/understand/practice' a particular thing, and then there are those who know much without actually participating, but listen/read/learn/appreciate...so thus have a lot of knowledge. and sure, those who know jack shite but enjoy spouting off none the less. :p one should learn to differentiate such, and take such comments accordingly. ANYthing one puts out there....ANY one is free to comment, good or bad...learned or ignorant comments.......such is life!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Quick, innocent question: before starting to play guitar 6 years ago, would Cory have been shy about expressing an opinion about someone's music?
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Ok fine, you want a competition? You got one.

Pit people, you be the judge.

My cover of Even Flow.

http://download.yousendit.com/7688BD294190E8B6
  • LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    cory, you know i think you rock..;) :D
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    i am.
    what exactly about my post makes you think otherwise? :confused:
    especially since i mention my HUSBAND in my post here? hahahaha.
    but more importantly...i honeslty do not get the importance of someone's gender here for conversation? here's a thought...i remember on RM, some guy posed as a girl...for about a year! :p hahaha. and good on that really. so many people are not 'real' here, truly themselves....they 'play a character' so what difference does what gender they are mean, unless you're flirting of course. ;)

anyhoooooooo...totally off topic. mea culpa. point is, as a musician, an artist....the only 'opinions' that should matter are those of your fellow musicians, whom you respect...who can help you grow/improve...offer honest assement and constructive criticism. the rest, let'sd face it...all in fun and feels good to be told how 'great' you are...and may sting a bit if someone says 'you suck'....but unless from someone you care about and/or respect...really doesn't matter in the least. and as i've said, i am no musician, but an artist....and after grad school, you just learn to toughen up and learn/accept the good and the bad critiques. it's how we grow/learn/improve.

sorry about that!

damn, missed the post that mentioned your husband....
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Ok fine, you want a competition? You got one.

My cover of Even Flow.

WTF, little mermaid shit! Can you prove it in a legit way or not?

This is gay...
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045

My cover of Even Flow.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You owe me a new keyboard. Mine is now filled with coffee! :)

This also reminds me a bit of "Bring it On"...Just waiting for someone to show their best pyramid and put the other in their place!! BRING IT!! ;)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • legit or

WTF, little mermaid shit! Can you prove it in a legit way or not?

prove what?
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    cory wrote:
    on my playing skills. You folks realize that I'm not a musician. I don't get around with my buddies and jam for hours. I don't write songs everyday. Fuck, I've never had a lesson. Then I get this shit "Post some more of your lame ass 3 chord songs" and all that shit which is hilarious because most of your great songs are just that. 3 or 4 chord songs that move people. Look, I suck on guitar. But, I can probably sing better than most of you. youtube it and prove me wrong. I'll do the same. But I'm sick of the guys who have great skill on the guitar but couldn't sing a corpse to sleep. Stop hating bitches. You don't like what I post, post something better. Maybe we should have a board contest of who can sing and playing Whipping, Betterman, Indifference, TYAAM, Master of War, original stuff, or whatever. I'm game. I'm not embarrassed to post some shit on here. And then the people can judge. I'm game. Just let me know. I'd like to put all the smart assed comments to rest. I challenge you all and am willing to accept defeat in grace.

you dont need to do this? why bother.... lift middle finger and extend it to them.

Eddie gets called shit all the time on youtube but i doubt he could give one fuck about it.. and neither should you.. if you post on youtube then some idiot is gonna bash you.. its the nature of the game.. play a small gig in their hometown and i bet they wouldnt say a word to you... the internet makes men of mice.. i like that phrase and i must use it in conversation more often. :)

for what its worth, i thought your voice was really really good
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    dunkman wrote:
    you dont need to do this? why bother.... lift middle finger and extend it to them.

Eddie gets called shit all the time on youtube but i doubt he could give one fuck about it.. and neither should you.. if you post on youtube then some idiot is gonna bash you.. its the nature of the game.. play a small gig in their hometown and i bet they wouldnt say a word to you... the internet makes men of mice.. i like that phrase and i must use it in conversation more often. :)

for what its worth, i thought your voice was really really good

well said dunkula......btw, how's the head today (well tonight for you)? :D:D
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i personally won't be voting on who's the better guitarist/singer.
    wouldn't it be just funny as hell if nobody gave an opinion on who's
    the better musician?

it actually is quite ridiculous.
    as artists/musicians shouldn't you folks support each others talents?
    constructive criticism is always welcomed.
    arguing and whatnot like school children is pritty fuckin weak.

their is something else going on behind the guitar/singing scenes here.
    i suspect attitudes have been clashing for awhile now.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    cutback wrote:
    well said dunkula......btw, how's the head today (well tonight for you)? :D:D

i was Count Drunkula last night... awful hangover today :( i've not been that pissed in a while.. and it was taking me 14 minutes to write a sentence.. so i just gave up.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    dunkman wrote:
    i was Count Drunkula last night... awful hangover today :( i've not been that pissed in a while.. and it was taking me 14 minutes to write a sentence.. so i just gave up.

hahaha.. oh dunk...
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736

My cover of Even Flow.

WHAAAAAAT??!!!!! YOU DID EVENFLOW????????? :eek: im gonna have to check this out........
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    wow.. this thread is ridiculous
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    Tom K wrote:
    wow.. this thread is ridiculous

piss off then...:D
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    I honestly think you should settle it with a dance off...

you know, a while back, Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake had words, and they had a big beef and such... they saw each other at a club, and bam... they had a dance off...

okay.. I didn't just say that.
  • I honestly think you should settle it with a dance off...

you know, a while back, Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake had words, and they had a big beef and such... they saw each other at a club, and bam... they had a dance off...

okay.. I didn't just say that.

Or rock paper sisscors. Most arguments can be settled with Rock paper Sisscors.

But a dance off would be interesting.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
    I'm a very good dancer too.

That's actually a true story.

Last time I went out clubbing, I was dancing so hard that it looked like I was making love to my clothes. When I got home, I found my clothes had reproduced and I had a whole different wardrobe.

Quick, innocent question: before starting to play guitar 6 years ago, would Cory have been shy about expressing an opinion about someone's music?

Good question. Before I played guitar, and even now, I judge songs on lyrical content and the delivery of it. That's still what I do today. Basically because I'm a singer a heart. That's how I judge songe today. It's one of the reasons I don't like Radiohead. Thom and I sing in different keys so that turns me off, then again, his lyrics don't do much for me either.

• jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    cory wrote:
    I'm a very good dancer too.

That's actually a true story.

Last time I went out clubbing, I was dancing so hard that it looked like I was making love to my clothes. When I got home, I found my clothes had reproduced and I had a whole different wardrobe.

We're getting quite an insight to you on this thread man. Respect.
    BTW, I finally elbowed my son outta the way and had a turn on Guitar hero tonight...I aint too shabby either bro'. In fact I nailed 94% on Even Flow....on easy to be fair, but all the same.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    cory wrote:
    Good question. Before I played guitar, and even now, I judge songs on lyrical content and the delivery of it. That's still what I do today. Basically because I'm a singer a heart. That's how I judge songe today. It's one of the reasons I don't like Radiohead. Thom and I sing in different keys so that turns me off, then again, his lyrics don't do much for me either.
    so you only like music that you could conceivably have created? :eek: that's ridiculous :o
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    jamie uk wrote:
    We're getting quite an insight to you on this thread man. Respect.
    BTW, I finally elbowed my son outta the way and had a turn on Guitar hero tonight...I aint too shabby either bro'. In fact I nailed 94% on Even Flow....on easy to be fair, but all the same.

I love that fucking game!

But seriously, people can call this childish or whatever, but all I've done is given the critics an opportunity to sit down with a guitar, a recorder, and a mic and sing something from the heart. It takes huge balls to do that, I know. But I say if you're going to criticize, you need to be prepared to be criticized. Apparently these people aren't secure enough with their own talent to participate in this.

This could actually turn out to be a pretty great thread if people would just start posting their work or covering other bands (which is absolutely fine).

I think we're all entitled to hear it if their gonna be so vocal about it.

Jeremy1012 wrote:
    so you only like music that you could conceivably have created? :eek: that's ridiculous :o

I didn't say that. I can sing in higher pitches, but they don't give me energy. I can scream metal songs, but if I've been drinking, the sustained screams give me headaches. My natural singing voice is like you hear on the Porch clip. It comes out of my mouth like that. I don't have to force it.

To sum up: You're 100% wrong.

Anyway, clip?

That's what I thought.

• It's the way you're going about it is so ridiculous though. It would be one thing to ask people to share their music, but the fact that you're making it a competition is fucking stupid.