Live African Wildlife Webcam

Comments

• jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    its been kinda slow for awhile. try to remember to check tonght. it will be daylight there arent 1030pm central time. man I would love to see a lion take down a zebra
  • OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    Hmm, deffinately slow. For a minute there, I thought that something was going to jump out of the water and make a loud noise... kind of a halloween hoax email :)

Pretty neat though, does anyone know where abouts the camera is set up?
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I just watched for about 1 minute and just saw a shooting star!! Pretty cool stuff.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:
    I just watched for about 1 minute and just saw a shooting star!! Pretty cool stuff.

I thought I saw one at first too... but I think they may be bugs. Seems like the camera is using night vision. I have some video from a recent beach trip that looks similar :)

They could be stars though, that would be neat!

I'm not sure I believe this, I thought I heard a human voice a few mins ago.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    OneLove wrote:
    I'm not sure I believe this, I thought I heard a human voice a few mins ago.
    I have been watching and listening for 187 minutes.....I have not heard a human voice. Though the water sounds earlier did sound like someone splashing in a bath tub.
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I have been watching and listening for 187 minutes.....I have not heard a human voice. Though the water sounds earlier did sound like someone splashing in a bath tub.

Ok good, I'm glad someone else was watching too, I was also on the phone... wasn't 100% sure what I heard.

We had a pretty neat bird shot for a few seconds a while back.

:) I am so totally bored, home sick from work today.

Woo Hoo, some sort of animal :) Can't tell what it is though... its about 5:56 PM EASTERN right now where I am.
  • well i haven't seen anything yet, except a couple bugs. but i'm bored so i'm sure i'll be watching this thing forever
  • oh i just saw something drinking, two of them but i do'nt know what

how can i zoom? is that possible? or was it zooming on it's own earlier?
    There is that white animal drinking and hanging out on the far side of the pond.
    Thats a wolf!! Check out that close up!!!
  • oh nevermind, question answered. it zoomed on a new animal. a wolf or something
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    There were a ton of Water Buffalo before. At least 30. Hopefully it will become color when its day time and then things will be more interesting. Very cool idea though.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
    Looks like another hyena or something.

I would love to know the history on this camera.. someone is obviously operating it.

The detail on the zooming in is great! I would imagine it would be better during daylight hours though.
    crittables wrote:
    oh i just saw something drinking, two of them but i do'nt know what

how can i zoom? is that possible? or was it zooming on it's own earlier?

the zoom and movement cant be controlled. not sure if its remote controlled or what but all we can do is watch. eariler there were elephants, zebras, and a shit load of water buffalo
    OneLove wrote:
    Looks like another hyena or something.

I would love to know the history on this camera.. someone is obviously operating it.

The detail on the zooming in is great! I would imagine it would be better during daylight hours though.

where you from? 1030pm central USA time is dawn there
  • oh my god did anyone just hear that noise? what was that?
    crittables wrote:
    oh my god did anyone just hear that noise? what was that?
    I heard that!
    jlew24asu wrote:
    where you from? 1030pm central USA time is dawn there
    I live near DC... I will have to check back! Thanks for the heads up :)

I am a preschool teacher, wish I had access to the net, "my" kids would love this!!

Yes, I just heard that howeling... I think there may be both hyena's and some sort of coyotee or something in the area... perhaps it was a howel? Darn near made me drop my laptop.
  • OneLove wrote:

I am a preschool teacher, wish I had access to the net, "my" kids would love this!!

Yes, I just heard that howeling... I think there may be both hyena's and some sort of coyotee or something in the area... perhaps it was a howel? Darn near made me drop my laptop.

i am SOOOO easily amused..i walked away from my computer and had to come back just to see what was makign that noise...i think this must be a "post" or something in the bush maybe where someone zooms in every once in awhile? or it is heat sensored?? mics in the watering hole?...i am no tech smartie so i am just ver amused and i teach fifth grade and will definitely be showing this on my lcd projector!!!...weeeeee
    OneLove wrote:

so like 1130pm your time. kinda late to be up for a preschool teacher ;)
    That is sad but true ;) I'd be more likely to catch it at 5:30 when I get up for work.

I would assume the most action of the day would be around dawn and dusk though. Its too bad you can't set it to record or something :)

Thanks again for the link! I will pass it along to a few teacher friends of mine, with older kids. I think that this could be a great teaching tool.
  • i like this thing a lot. even just to listen. makes me feel like i'm outdoors:)
  • lannerslanners Posts: 458
    my cat was sitting on the desk with me and when he heard the crickets he went apeshit and attacked my mouse, then my speaker!!!
    i. am. mine.
    Did you guys just hear the howling of the wildebeest?
    aNiMaL wrote:

WAs that what it was? Pretty neat. :)

Lanners, my cats aren't interested in the noises, but a while back there was some sort of howel, and my two dogs ran around the house on patrol, they were sure there was an intruder!
    OneLove wrote:
    WAs that what it was? Pretty neat. :)

Lanners, my cats aren't interested in the noises, but a while back there was some sort of howel, and my two dogs ran around the house on patrol, they were sure there was an intruder!
    I just made that up. I have no idea what I'm talking about.

But how about the sound of that animal drinking??? It sounded like a dog drinking out of a water bowl. They must have some serious mic's set up if this is all legit.
  • I saw a small cat walk by but that's about it. Looked like something I could find in my backyard.

but I am intrigued....
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    aNiMaL wrote:

I think they were humping!!! ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Ok, bring back the animals.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.