Live African Wildlife Webcam

Comments

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    What was that white 4 legged animal they just showed??
  • OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    I dunno, had another screen pulled up, and when I switched back it was zoned in on it, but it wasn't clear.

Did you see all of the lights off to the left a few mins ago? Wondering whats over there :)
    OneLove wrote:
    I dunno, had another screen pulled up, and when I switched back it was zoned in on it, but it wasn't clear.

Did you see all of the lights off to the left a few mins ago? Wondering whats over there :)
    I don't know! they just showed them again......weird. I wonder if it's guerrilla warfare?
    What the hell are those lights to the left??? They keep panning over to them.

i want to know what we're seeing!!!
  • lannerslanners Posts: 458
    i think those "lights" are bugs.

i was able to catch the owl earlier and the water buffalo. i am sad that i missed the zebras. a former co-worker of mine watched it all day and reported to me what was going on and when i should look at it.

damn you for posting this. so much government time was wasted today!
    i. am. mine.
  • seagoat2seagoat2 Posts: 241
    Damn, i can't get it!!! Something up w/my Windows Media player.....Help!
    seagoat2 wrote:
    Damn, i can't get it!!! Something up w/my Windows Media player.....Help!
    No worries, mine has stopped also. It did it to me last night as well....but them it came back.
  • seagoat2seagoat2 Posts: 241
    aNiMaL wrote:
    No worries, mine has stopped also. It did it to me last night as well....but them it came back.

Thanks, I'll try again later, I really want to check it out.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    crittables wrote:
    me too!!

i'm addicted. i'll probably be watching all freaking night

I was actually being a smartass cuz it SO BORING!!! I can't help it, I got on education!! ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    I updated my first post with more info. the cam is from a game reserve in South Africa

http://www.nkorho.com/
    this is from the site.....this was seen on cam.....

"Again good general game was seen in the East. This drive revolved around a newly-killed buffalo on Game lodge open area. Two male lions, Stompie and One-eye, had just started feeding. Already their were 11 hyaenas watching for an opening. Every time they ventured close one of the lions chased them. It was incredible to watch them feed, burying their heads right into the stomach cavity and emerging full of blood. Later Stompie drank at the dam"

I wont stop watching until I see this.
  • OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    jlew24asu wrote:

"Again good general game was seen in the East. This drive revolved around a newly-killed buffalo on Game lodge open area. Two male lions, Stompie and One-eye, had just started feeding. Already their were 11 hyaenas watching for an opening. Every time they ventured close one of the lions chased them. It was incredible to watch them feed, burying their heads right into the stomach cavity and emerging full of blood. Later Stompie drank at the dam"

Wow, that is NEAT! Thanks again for the link :)
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    jlew24asu wrote:

:) wow
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    jlew24asu wrote:
    I updated my first post with more info. the cam is from a game reserve in South Africa

http://www.nkorho.com/
    thanks for the link, i've been wondering where the heck this was!
    anyone else having trouble viewing? I get about 20 seconds into my viewing and it freezes and never keeps going ...
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    anyone else having trouble viewing? I get about 20 seconds into my viewing and it freezes and never keeps going ...

it appears to be down right now. i have been viewing this for a week or 2 (not straight, I have actually stopped ;)) and today has been the first problem that i have seen
    its back

4:02 AM

local time
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    it's back and it is in color. It zoomed in on some birds by the water hole. It skipped over a lady lion, she blended in so well it did not pick her up, but I saw her.

it's 7:35 a.m. EST and the zebra are back...I just saw a fox too and a deer.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    those two zebra are chillin. i saw the fox too.

I'd love to see a lion or monkeys :)

That other zebra must be a female because the one zebra has an erection lol
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    intodeep wrote:
    those two zebra are chillin. i saw the fox too.

I'd love to see a lion or monkeys :)

That other zebra must be a female because the one zebra has an erection lol

There was monkeys earlier, and some crazy long legged bird which it's leg joints bent backwards rather than forwards.
    Aint seen no lions yet though.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    yes please tell me that this camera works on its own, like pans every so often b/c it's programmed to, and is programmed to zoom in on motion. That some person really isn't operating it b/c it zoomed in too LONG on Mr. Zebra's AHEM....I felt intrusive and I turned it off. Poor guy, he gets excited and the whole world can see :(

Give the zebra a break.

They are alot shorter and fatter than a horse.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    yes please tell me that this camera works on its own, like pans every so often b/c it's programmed to, and is programmed to zoom in on motion. That some person really isn't operating it b/c it zoomed in too LONG on Mr. Zebra's AHEM....I felt intrusive and I turned it off. Poor guy, he gets excited and the whole world can see :(

Give the zebra a break.

Yeah like a stripey donkey.

Edit: why that grumpy smiley appeared I have no idea, it was like magic I mean it's not like I'm pissed about the zebra's being more similar to donkey's than horse's.:)
    iluvcats wrote:

Give the zebra a break.

I wish at that very moment a family of lions came along ripped to to pieces. now that would have been cool :)
    damn that giraffe is huge anyone seeing this??
    jlew24asu wrote:
    damn that giraffe is huge anyone seeing this??

I see the giraffe.:)
  • jamestr1jamestr1 Posts: 185
    I see the giraffe.:)

he doesn't know what to think of that camera pointed at him...

This is cool.
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Giraffe! So cool! :D

What happened to the water hole ;)
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
    yosi wrote:
    Giraffe! So cool! :D

What happened to the water hole ;)

its there. the camera rotates
    jlew24asu wrote:
    its there. the camera rotates

I think someone controls it, I'm pretty sure, I could have swore I could hear heavy breathing before.
    I missed the giraffe :( :(

No monkeys, lions or giraffes for me ....
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22