Options

The Montreal Canadiens Thread

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Holy shit.Montreal-Boston game 6 was phenomenal-except for the result.
    If game 7 is half as good it will be great.
    Nothing like playoff hockey.
    Koivu was a welcome return,good game I thought.Looked a little lame on the Kessel goal.
    Kovalev disappeared.
    Does Price have it?
    We shall see.
    Habs are tanking. Even if they get past Boston (which I don't see happening), Philly (or NYR) will finish them fast.
  • Options
    TowsertunesTowsertunes Posts: 187
    Rygar wrote:
    Habs are tanking. Even if they get past Boston (which I don't see happening), Philly (or NYR) will finish them fast.

Now now Rygar have some faith.One more win then get ready for the next round.
    Just bec. it says SAD under you name no need to feel that way yet.
    Home ice will propel Montreal through.
    "they don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read?"

How I choose to feel,...Is how I am.
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Rygar wrote:

Wow !

What a 3rd period

Look at it this way.....if they pull it out they will gain some confidence heading into the next series
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Now now Rygar have some faith.One more win then get ready for the next round.
    Just bec. it says SAD under you name no need to feel that way yet.
    Home ice will propel Montreal through.
    I suppose, on the bright side, Koivu's return FINALLY had them scoring a little more....didn't help the d any.
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    Rygar wrote:
    I suppose, on the bright side, Koivu's return FINALLY had them scoring a little more....didn't help the d any.
    Didn't help out the former captain Kovy either, i think its wrong to give another guy the captain role, while your real captain is injured.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    Didn't help out the former captain Kovy either, i think its wrong to give another guy the captain role, while your real captain is injured.
    Kovy's struggled hardcore all series. Boston's Kovy-blanket (I'm wondering why they're still doing it now :p) is really getting to him I think.
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    do or die tom.

wowow
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    the crowd is gonna be insane
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    GO HABS. it might be payback for 04. hope not.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    GO HABS. it might be payback for 04. hope not.
    Karma is a bitch ;)
    We did get swept after that comeback...
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,135
    2 for 28 on the power play isn't going to get it done. that's what montreal, which lived on its good power play in the regular season is in the series so far.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    2 for 28 on the power play isn't going to get it done. that's what montreal, which lived on its good power play in the regular season is in the series so far.
    I'm well aware of their horrific PP ratio so far.
    They are playing poorly and they know it.
  • Options
    G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    Wow. What a game the other night. That was an Epic 3rd period. One for the ages. Price gives up 10 game in 2 playoff games ? He is a great talent and is one heck of a prospect but you have got to question the logic of a first place team going with a rookie full time. KD and St. Patrick never would have let in that many- regardless of how the team was playing in front of them.

Bruins still have all the momentum. Habs fans have got to be a nervous wreck.
  • Options
    G-force wrote:
    Bruins still have all the momentum. Habs fans have got to be a nervous wreck.
    Yup.
  • Options
    WHAT A GOAL!!!

two nuthin habs.

yes
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    3-0.
    One more period like that. An excellent hard working period by the Habs, why not do it more often...it wins games...
    20 minutes, c'mon boys....don't give me a heart attack here...
  • Options
    can price post a game 7 s__t __t????

shhh dont say.
  • Options
    can price post a game 7 s__t __t????

shhh dont say.
    he is playing excellent!
    The whole team is putting the kind of effort in tonight that I was bitching about them not having last few games...
  • Options
    Just wanted to say eat shit MONTREAL after that shit show you put on tonight at the end of game you deserve to loose game 7 to my BOSTON BRUINS woot woot
    ROFLSTILTSKIN!
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Never been happier to been proven wrong (cept maybe that one other time I was proven wrong and TML didn't make the playoffs..).
    Price saved our hides for half the first period then it was allllllllllllllllllll Habs.
    Now please beat Washington, Flyers.
  • Options
    McCready00McCready00 Posts: 371
    dans la poche ! (:
    -"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
  • Options
    Wow that was easy, but it'll only get tougher... nice win.

Are we saturday yet?

The hit from Hamrlik on Lucic; hmmmmm
    Hope you were in the Bell Centre tonight, my friend, and I hope you're able to hear tomorrow!
  • Options
    butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    Nice job Les Habs....congrats
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    The BRUINS gave them a run for their money. I hope they can build on what they have accomplished this year.

Congrats to BEANTOWN. :)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,917
    Hate Habs with la passion. Hate them! Hate them! HATE THEM!!!!!!!
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    demetrios wrote:
    Hate Habs with la passion. Hate them! Hate them! HATE THEM!!!!!!!

I love Canada but the Canadians hockey club I TOTALLY dislike them. Hate is such a strong word, it's only a sport.

Well it's like

The Yankees...The Redskins (racist name).....The Canadians....The Lakers can't stand them.

Beantown STILL going strong. Let's GO CELTICS!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    I am glad they won :) With my team being out I need a Canadian team to cheer for :D I am also pretty sure I saw Strombo in the crowd. As well as some of our esteemed politicians :rolleyes: :p
  • Options
    theroachmantheroachman Posts: 362
    I think the Flames can win tomorrow

So you will still have two Canadian Teams!
    I hate quotations. Tell me what you know.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

The Tie-Dye Lady is HOT!!!
  • Options
    I think the Flames can win tomorrow

So you will still have two Canadian Teams!

Thanks for the offer but I am an Oiler's fan... I am just stuck here in CowTown. So I will NOT being cheering for the Flames!! Hence, why I said one Canadian team :p
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    Thanks for the offer but I am an Oiler's fan... I am just stuck here in CowTown. So I will NOT being cheering for the Flames!! Hence, why I said one Canadian team :p
    Spoken like a true oiler
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009