Options

The Montreal Canadiens Thread

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Dude, what happened ??

I was watching the Flyers game it was 1-1 then I see its 4-1 Broons ?
    Price was letting in some horrific goals, and everyone on the ice looked pretty lethargic...
  • Options
    G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    Rygar wrote:
    Interesting to note that when the Bruins win their fans think they played a superb game. Other than the goaltending, Bruins didn't look much better than the Canadiens last night, sorry.

Sorry to say this series has been pretty even. Other than the lame showing in game 1 by the Bruins this has been a very even series.

Game 2 and 3 could have gone either way

Game 4 was an incredibale hockey game by any measure - both teams.

Game 5 did unravel for the habs, that happens to most rookie goalies from time to time, especially in the playoffs.
  • Options
    G-force wrote:
    Sorry to say this series has been pretty even. Other than the lame showing in game 1 by the Bruins this has been a very even series.

Game 2 and 3 could have gone either way

Game 4 was an incredibale hockey game by any measure - both teams.

Game 5 did unravel for the habs, that happens to most rookie goalies from time to time, especially in the playoffs.
    Oh I agree with everything here. This series has been extremely tight with trouble scoring on both ends.
    My point was that last night's game was a horrific outing by both teams, no question about it. Even Lucic wasn't showing the energy he's been carrying around all series.
    The refs were off their rockers too. About the only movement S. Kostistyn was doing was doing olympic dive tryouts last night, and he isn't the only one.
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Rygar wrote:
    Oh I agree with everything here. This series has been extremely tight with trouble scoring on both ends.
    My point was that last night's game was a horrific outing by both teams, no question about it. Even Lucic wasn't showing the energy he's been carrying around all series.
    The refs were off their rockers too. About the only movement S. Kostistyn was doing was doing olympic dive tryouts last night, and he isn't the only one.

refs suck and this series is tighter than it seems

as is the rangers devils series
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    refs suck
    Especially Kerry Fraser.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Especially Kerry Fraser.

i submitted b4 i was done lol
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i submitted b4 i was done lol
    hehehe
    Yeah the series is pretty tight.
    It could have ended 4-0 and no one would realize how good (most of) the games were.
  • Options
    We better win Game 6...

I'm glad Price had that game last night, hopefully its out of his system now and he'll play great the rest of the way.
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • Options
    I agree with the diving. That has got to be eliminated from the game- unequivocally.

A flagrant unquestionable Dive should be a 5 minute major and game misconduct.

I remember that Kovalev dive in the 2004 BOS-MTL series. That was a dive worthly of an Olympic gold medal and it cost the habs a goal and ultimately the game If I remember correctly.
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    Rygar wrote:
    Especially Kerry Fraser.
    Hmm...i guess other teams have a problem with him as well
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:

Kerry needs to retire. I have had enough of her and her hair.
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:

who u rooting for ;)
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    who u rooting for ;)
    Flames but that's not looking to good
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    We better win Game 6...

I'm glad Price had that game last night, hopefully its out of his system now and he'll play great the rest of the way.
    We we haven't lost 2 in a row for some time, hopefully we don't start now. If we lose game six we're losing game 7 too.
    G-Force wrote:
    I agree with the diving. That has got to be eliminated from the game- unequivocally.

A flagrant unquestionable Dive should be a 5 minute major and game misconduct.

I remember that Kovalev dive in the 2004 BOS-MTL series. That was a dive worthly of an Olympic gold medal and it cost the habs a goal and ultimately the game If I remember correctly.
    Actually Kovalev got a slash or puck in the wrist and he just coasted in faux pain, running into the lone defensemen and yes, costing a goal. Dive? No. Faking in injury for a penalty? Most likely yes.
    kenshunt wrote:
    He was in fine Kerry Fraser fashion. Some of the calls were out there (like Boston's first pp goal, lolsters @ that penalty :p).
  • Options
    G-force wrote:
    Kerry needs to retire. I have had enough of her and her hair.
    haha
  • Options
    i stand corrected, i do remember that love tape on the wrist. that was worthy of an Oscar anyway.
  • Options
    G-force wrote:
    i stand corrected, i do remember that love tape on the wrist. that was worthy of an Oscar anyway.
    Wasn't a smart move.
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    kenshunt wrote:

He's horrible

Fraser,Koharski,Jackson

They all need to go !
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    how do you guys feel about Theodore playing well again? I'm happy for him, I was a big fan while he was a hab, I'm glad he's enjoying some success again.
  • Options
    how do you guys feel about Theodore playing well again? I'm happy for him, I was a big fan while he was a hab, I'm glad he's enjoying some success again.
    I think it is good to see. I didn't mind him, but he was extremely streaky - good bad good bad.
    I felt bad for the Avs cause his salary was through the roof, so it's good to see it paying off a little.
    I like David Aebischer a little too. He knew how to beat those Sens!
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    I think it is good to see. I didn't mind him, but he was extremely streaky - good bad good bad.
    I felt bad for the Avs cause his salary was through the roof, so it's good to see it paying off a little.
    I like David Aebischer a little too. He knew how to beat those Sens!

I can't believe that Aebischer couldn't find a home somewhere in the NHL this season, Tampa or LA could have used him, among other teams.
  • Options
    I can't believe that Aebischer couldn't find a home somewhere in the NHL this season, Tampa or LA could have used him, among other teams.
    wasn't he playing backup in Phoenix?
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    wasn't he playing backup in Phoenix?

He played one game with Phoenix this year. I mean he wasn't the greatest, but he's better than who some of these teams played in goal this year.
  • Options
    He played one game with Phoenix this year. I mean he wasn't the greatest, but he's better than who some of these teams played in goal this year.
    Yeah he wasn't the greatest but looking at some of the goalies out there, he ain't too bad.
  • Options
    Not even close to being the same team they were in the regular season.
    Hope the golf clubs are ready to go.
  • Options
    Just wanted to say eat shit MONTREAL after that shit show you put on tonight at the end of game you deserve to loose game 7 to my BOSTON BRUINS woot woot
    8/25/00 8/27/00 8/29/00 8/30/00 10/4/00 4/29/03 7/8/03 7/9/03 9/28/04 9/29/04 5/12/06 5/13/06 5/24/06 5/25/06 6/1/06 6/3/06 8/5/07

Keepin us close, so close... on down the line... sometimes I burn like a dot on the sun
  • Options
    Just wanted to say eat shit MONTREAL after that shit show you put on tonight at the end of game you deserve to loose game 7 to my BOSTON BRUINS woot woot
    Another original fairweather fan! Welcome ;)
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Another original fairweather fan! Welcome ;)
    Well for someone like me who doesn't care who wins this series, i was entertaianed by that wild 3rd period, 3 different times i thought the game was over lol.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    TowsertunesTowsertunes Posts: 187
    Holy shit.Montreal-Boston game 6 was phenomenal-except for the result.
    If game 7 is half as good it will be great.
    Nothing like playoff hockey.
    Koivu was a welcome return,good game I thought.Looked a little lame on the Kessel goal.
    Kovalev disappeared.
    Does Price have it?
    We shall see.
    "they don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read?"

How I choose to feel,...Is how I am.
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    Well for someone like me who doesn't care who wins this series, i was entertaianed by that wild 3rd period, 3 different times i thought the game was over lol.
    You're no fairweather fan.