UFC 75 - London: Rampage Jackson Vs. Dan Henderson / Mirko Cro Cop Vs. Cheick Kongo

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    them some BOMBS by hamill

loving it alot so far
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• ReleasHReleasH Posts: 743
    crowd seems to be fond of this bisping guy. :D

Bisping definitely has the crowd behind him, but he needs to settle down and fight his game plan. Hamill has him back up too much. More inside leg kicks and I'd like to see some knees when they are in the clinch up against the fence.
  • not the fight i expected here either. matt seems content to keep it standing. his boxing loves vastly improved...still a little sloppy, but he has some power in his punches. bisping seemed to be back by the end of the round. uncharacteristic for bisping to circle so much, but i'm sure he leery of the takedown.
  • bisping is very tentative. first two rounds for matt, and it's mostly on the feet. very surprising. he's getting easy takedowns, but chooses to let bisping up each time.
  • ReleasH wrote:
    Bisping definitely has the crowd behind him, but he needs to settle down and fight his game plan. Hamill has him back up too much. More inside leg kicks and I'd like to see some knees when they are in the clinch up against the fence.

indeed.
    bisping is very tentative. first two rounds for matt, and it's mostly on the feet. very surprising. he's getting easy takedowns, but chooses to let bisping up each time.

crap, if Bisping lets this go to decision, he's going to lose on points.

HOLY FUCKING COW!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe BISPING won by split decision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • if bisping had about twenty more seconds at the end he might have been able to finish that one. matt looked wobbly, but looks like he'll win the decision.
  • bisping gets the split! i guess they gave him the second? i'm not sure about that one...
    bisping gets the split! i guess they gave him the second? i'm not sure about that one...

I don't know about the scoring on this one ... Bisping was on the retreat almost the whole fight. They must have given Bisping the second round because Hamill obviously won the first.
    yeah im lost on that to mookie, fight could of gone either way. hamill did nothing on the ground, kept letting bisping back up. still a good fight, most def lived up to the hype, i think hamill will be around for a while

• ReleasH wrote:
    I don't know about the scoring on this one ... Bisping was on the retreat almost the whole fight. They must have given Bisping the second round because Hamill obviously won the first.

for sure hamill won the first. so the second round is the one in question i guess. a bit of a stretch to think bisping won the second, i thought.
  • rampage vs. hendo! :)
    There needs to be a rematch fight between Hamill and Bisping. It really could have been scored for either fighter; neither one won definitively. I'm happy that Bisping got the split decision, but would have liked to see more aggression on his part.

Where is CEG tonight?? I guess I'm gonna have to be girly without her .... GSP was looking HOT tonight. And Henderson isn't bad either ;)
    What a GREAT first round!! Lots of action and changes in control. Both fighters look fantastic! :D

I would love to see four more rounds of this!
  • ReleasH wrote:
    There needs to be a rematch fight between Hamill and Bisping. It really could have been scored for either fighter; neither one won definitively. I'm happy that Bisping got the split decision, but would have liked to see more aggression on his part.

Where is CEG tonight?? I guess I'm gonna have to be girly without her .... GSP was looking HOT tonight. And Henderson isn't bad either ;)

i'd agree a rematch should be in order.

good first round in the title fight. a couple of crazy exchanges and changes in position, but mostly just control in the clinch by dan.
  • both guys are throwing bombs in the exchanges on the feet. both looking tough on the ground too. good three rounds so far...tough to tell who is ahead...
    WOW ... I am highly impressed with both fighters. :):D Close, close match. I think round one and two to Henderson, round three and four to Rampage.
  • ReleasH wrote:
    WOW ... I am highly impressed with both fighters. :):D Close, close match. I think round one and two to Henderson, round three and four to Rampage.

i'm inclined to agree. a couple of rounds were pretty close to call. great fifth round to finish the fight.
    Great, great fight!!! I'm surprised it went the distance. Both guys looked gassed in the fifth. Lots of fantastic exchanges on the feet throughout. I think Rampage will get the decision, 48-47.

Think we'll get to see an undercard match since there is still time left in the broadcast?

Dude, Rampage cracks me up! :p
    Quinton “Rampage” Jackson defeats Dan Henderson via unanimous decision

Michael Bisping defeats Matt Hamill via split-decision

Cheick Kongo defeats Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic via unanimous decision

Marcus Davis defeats Paul Taylor via submission (armbar) in round one

Houston Alexander defeats Alessio Sakara via technical knockout (strikes) in round one

Gleison Tibau defeats Terry Etim via unanimous decision

Thiago Silva defeats Tomasz Drwal via technical knockout (strikes) in round two

Dennis Siver defeats Naoyuki Kotani via knockout in round two

Jess Liaudin defeats Anthony Torres via technical knockout (strikes) in round one
  • definitely a grueling fight for sure. i'm surprised it went the distance too. great way to end an exciting show. rampage is the first undisputed champion at 205. good on him, as it looks like his training has paid off. he looks really improved and is going to be tough to beat.

so does dan go immediately to fighting the winner of rich franklin vs. anderson silva for the MW title unification?
    One of the better events in recent history, even though we didn't get to see any undercard matches. I'm not a huge fan of fights going to decision, but we got to see a five round war with Hendo and Rampage. :D I ended up 6/9 on my picks. :(
  • sweet. thanks for the results, releash. :) i only got three right...and two if you count the switcheroo i was pulling in the cro cop vs. kongo fight...

great show, though. ;)
    so does dan go immediately to fighting the winner of rich franklin vs. anderson silva for the MW title unification?

Oh, don't tease me with that one!!!

I agree with Randy that Hendo would probably be more successful at middleweight, but he had a pretty strong showing at light heavyweight, so it's not an easy choice.
    ReleasH wrote:

Michael Bisping defeats Matt Hamill via split-decision
    *COUGH BULLSHIT COUGH*

sorry had to clear my throat :D

• ReleasH wrote:
    One of the better events in recent history, even though we didn't get to see any undercard matches. I'm not a huge fan of fights going to decision, but we got to see a five round war with Hendo and Rampage. :D I ended up 6/9 on my picks. :(

6 for 9 is good! :) better than 2 for 9, that's for sure. ;)

yep, i'm pretty pleased with that show. good to see an event like that on free tv.
    *COUGH BULLSHIT COUGH*

sorry had to clear my throat :D

LMAO!!! :D

I was actually pretty surprised with that one metsy. Mookie and I were saying there needs to be a rematch since neither fighter clearly won.
    ReleasH wrote:
    LMAO!!! :D

I was actually pretty surprised with that one metsy. Mookie and I were saying there needs to be a rematch since neither fighter clearly won.
    yeah there most def needs to be a re-match, fight was to close to call. getting free ppv event is always better when its a good card. the new season of TUF looks good

6 for 9 is good! :) better than 2 for 9, that's for sure. ;)

yep, i'm pretty pleased with that show. good to see an event like that on free tv.

Remember that you're talking to a type-A here, so 6 for 9 is just an okay performance on my part ;)
  • ReleasH wrote:
    Oh, don't tease me with that one!!!

I agree with Randy that Hendo would probably be more successful at middleweight, but he had a pretty strong showing at light heavyweight, so it's not an easy choice.

true enough. he has a lot of experience fighting bigger guys and does well at LHW. dan will probably have the choice, but eventually i'm sure they'll ask him to drop to MW to unify the titles. dan lost the decision, but it was a tough and close fight so he'd probabaly still be in a good frame of mind to go at MW if they want to do it in the near future.