Options

London Crew Baby :D

Comments

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Merkyjamm wrote:
    Fuck. 83.

I realise, as I listen to my PJ playlist on iTunes (how I hate you, WMP, for breaking...), that I would rather like them to play Sleight of Hand, as it is epic, and I have not heard it live outside of boots.

I've thought about wanting to see Sleight of Hand... but I fear that it could be one of those songs that may only sound good on headphones. Any of the boots I've heard, it sounds kinda empty in them or something. Could be completely different while standing there looking at them though!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    dthomas wrote:
    Hey all,
    Getting ready for my first intercontinental PJ trip and booked the London show through the PJ travel group since tickets sold out in the same amount of time it got for the site to work properly.

Anyway I've heard nice things about this Cumberland Hotel we're booked at. Any locals want to give me some ideas on how to spend the rest of our trip? I've gotten a few travel books etc but figured the locals would be good to ask. Would rather not do all tourist type stuff.
    We're there for four days.

Looking forward to it!
    Dave

And no, I didn't read the other 50 pages of comments so sorry if this is a repeat ;)

Hi there! ooooOOOOoooo seeing PJ in style! Lucky you! Yep... you MUST come to the party on the Sunday... that's that day taken care of. Let us know what kind of stuff you like and we can help you out! Chime is our local tourist info.... she knows EVERYTHING!

Morning everyone! Here at the crack of dawn Jenny!
  • Options
    Hmm, what is the party on the Sunday btw?
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Morning everyone! Here at the crack of dawn Jenny!

Morning! I've been in work an hour now... busy as ever!

I slept for 15 hours yesterday and I still feel like shit... ugh.

I got a fever, baby, and the only prescription is more cowbell!!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    vivifluviviflu Posts: 122
    Jennytree wrote:

Shit, you too? What is wrong here! everybody has the stupid flu!! I got the worse fever ever this weekend and still feel my head like a bowling ball :( Morning to everyone, get well to all the sick ones (cof cof)
    Fighting fire with fire since world's birth, bumping into the same stone over and over again... and we call this evolution?
  • Options
    Hmm, what is the party on the Sunday btw?

There's a thread somewhere on GTF about it (pre-show party or something). All we know is that there's gonna be a massive piss-up somewhere in London on the Sunday before the show for all those who are here already! I guess we'll sort out details nearer the time!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:

Poor Jenny! I was like that last week.. only a bit of a headcold left now...

Why are you at work? You should stay cosy at home with a PJ DVD and a hot toddy!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Poor Jenny! I was like that last week.. only a bit of a headcold left now...

Why are you at work? You should stay cosy at home with a PJ DVD and a hot toddy!

cos I had to be in at half 6, or else the place would explode. Only four and a half hours left till I get home though!

I sound like a homeless person complete with rotten cough and I'm walkin like an old lady... I love feeling sick!!

Yeyness!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    jrd wrote:
    Party on, dude!

Though I might not make it through to the Simply Red finale, I plan on being back home and tucked up in bed by 11pm - after putting all the details of the evening out in this thread, of course...

And talking of which it's past my bedtime, I'm off for a cup of cocoa.

this is a pearl jam forum you realise? and you do realise you're going to a PJ gig?

I believe http://www.danielodonnell.ie/forums is where you want to be! :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    cos I had to be in at half 6, or else the place would explode.

i used to work in a dynamite factory as well :cool:

didnt think there would be much call for dynamite and semtex on Ireland nowadays, what with peace and that!!! 'bang' goes my Balaclavas R Us webstore as well :( :( :(
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i used to work in a dynamite factory as well :cool:

didnt think there would be much call for dynamite and semtex on Ireland nowadays, what with peace and that!!! 'bang' goes my Balaclavas R Us webstore as well :( :( :(

You'd be surprised... we don't let the Americans stop over in Shannon for nothing y'know... lazy fuckers can't even bring their own bombs.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    You'd be surprised... we don't let the Americans stop over in Shannon for nothing y'know... lazy fuckers can't even bring their own bombs.

they are too busy eating donuts and shooting each other in shopping malls... probably cos the price of donuts went up.

p.s. are PJ playing Hurrah!.. i've never been to Hurrah before

can someone do one of those fancy countdown things that will tell me how long it is to the gig please? actually do it until the sunday before the gig as thats when the fun begins :)
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    dunkman wrote:
    they are too busy eating donuts and shooting each other in shopping malls... probably cos the price of donuts went up.

can someone do one of those fancy countdown things that will tell me how long it is to the gig please? actually do it until the sunday before the gig as thats when the fun begins :)
    Until London? 124.

I've marked out my calendar until the start of Munich, so it's pretty easy to figure out from there :)
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

It won't work here... but here's the code, you can chuck it into yer myspazz page or wherever:

Its a private gig... in my head... with the bunny rabbits and hamsters... ye snooze ye lose dunkyboi!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Its a private gig... in my head... with the bunny rabbits and hamsters... ye snooze ye lose dunkyboi!

nae cocks? :confused:
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

I've got one until the gig on myspace. If someone tells me at what time the party starts, I can do one for that too!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    I've got one until the gig on myspace. If someone tells me at what time the party starts, I can do one for that too!

its starts at stop...Hammer time.

i dont arrive until 16.04 hours approx ... so i'll be checking into l'hotel and then just going to the pub i would have thought.. i dont know if there is an official time as yet?
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    its starts at stop...Hammer time.

i dont arrive until 16.04 hours approx ... so i'll be checking into l'hotel and then just going to the pub i would have thought.. i dont know if there is an official time as yet?
    Three and a half months Dunk.... and you're already concerned about what time to check into your hotel? :eek: Are the Scots notoriously crazy about preparation or summat? :confused:

So what's everyone doing tonight then? I don't know what I've got myself into...
  • Options
    I don't know what I've got myself into...
    Care to expand on that?
  • Options
    Three and a half months Dunk.... and you're already concerned about what time to check into your hotel? :eek: Are the Scots notoriously crazy about preparation or summat? :confused:

So what's everyone doing tonight then? I don't know what I've got myself into...

a straightjacket?

notoriously crazy! all i said was my train gets in about 4pm and then after i check my bags in.... its PUB time!!!

cheeky blighter ye :p
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Care to expand on that?
    I offered to take my sister's best friend out, as she's on her own and been a bit down lately. She's a lovely girl and all, but there's a 'traffic light party' on that the boys are going to, and I'd rather be at that. Plus the cash-flow is tighter than a pensionable nun :D. Besides, with a few gins and tonics I can see things going in a direction I don't want them to go in... :eek:
  • Options
    I offered to take my sister's best friend out, as she's on her own and been a bit down lately. She's a lovely girl and all, but there's a 'traffic light party' on that the boys are going to, and I'd rather be at that. Plus the cash-flow is tighter than a pensionable nun :D. Besides, with a few gins and tonics I can see things going in a direction I don't want them to go in... :eek:

Oh dear...... maybe it's a good time to say you have these strange little blisters/sores on certain parts of your body and you're not too sure what they are?
  • Options

Take her to the traffic light party then! Both problems sorted... maybe one of yer mates will keep her entertained! ;)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    viviflu wrote:
    Shit, you too? What is wrong here! everybody has the stupid flu!! I got the worse fever ever this weekend and still feel my head like a bowling ball :( Morning to everyone, get well to all the sick ones (cof cof)

seems to be mainly the wimmin who've got the 'flu... so is it an outbreak of bird 'flu ?

:o;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    That's a really sweet thing you're doing though :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    That's a really sweet thing you're doing though :)

yep.. he's gay as well.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    yep.. he's gay as well.

I'm sure that you get flowers for lovely Mrs. Dunk and that you can be sweet and soppy sometimes!!!!!
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    dunkman wrote:
    yep.. he's gay as well.

:rolleyes: Look who's talking! :D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:
    I'm sure that you get flowers for lovely Mrs. Dunk and that you can be sweet and soppy sometimes!!!!!

but he's Scottish!!!!!!!!!!
    "That's not a hamster, it's a rat! Stroke that and you'll never play the guitar again."

whoever said it earlier, you're right, i can't believe i just typed that to someone i've never met! I'm not even sure what it means...

still... he IS Scottish...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    i bet he picks flowers from the park or someones garden on the way home wraps em in old newspaper and gives em to the lovely mrs. dunk !

tight arse !
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!