London Crew Baby :D

Comments

• PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I was there about a year ago and came out at 11.30. I thought doors were opening at 6? :confused: Not entirely sure though, perhaps contact livenation?
    doors open at 6pm but concert starts 7.30pm (go see at ticketmaster).
    I don't think it's 10:30 because that's the time at the Stadium (open air) and there's not the same problem with noise in the Arena.

I hope it's 11.30...but I'm a bit doubtful..
  • Pegasus wrote:
    doors open at 6pm but concert starts 7.30pm (go see at ticketmaster).
    I don't think it's 10:30 because that's the time at the Stadium (open air) and there's not the same problem with noise in the Arena.

I hope it's 11.30...but I'm a bit doubtful..
    I hope so too.. but I think they'll pay the extra money since they're not over here every six months. After the Astoria gig there was an another event, they played a bit longer than they should've done for Reading, I've no doubt they'll have given it a lot of thought. Even if it means a shorter support slot...
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Doodlebug wrote:
    An Ed pre-set would be amazing :)

Songs wise I would love to hear Breath or State of Love and Trust -old favs, but bloody good!

I am pretty new here, though I was watching the forums the day that 10c released the London tickets -- I must say to you guys, I would not have got through the 5+ hours without you. Couldn't post though as was still waiting for my forum authorisation e-mail :/ I -did- however survive the 10c server and can't wait for June. Reading last year was such an experience, I have been a PJ fan for 16 years and it blew me away.

So count me in on the London crew!

Doodle x

Doodle? Love the name! :)
  • V V wrote:
    do u think we'll get an Ed pre-set ???? :p thats what i'd love !

abit of derail is good ;)

Me too! Dead Man Walking please, Eddie :)
  • V V wrote:
    do u think we'll get an Ed pre-set ???? :p thats what i'd love !

I really hope we get an Ed pre-set........and i really hope it's Oceans :) Didn't he do Porch as a pre-set last year....that'd be interesting.

With regards to curfews and stuff. Ticketmaster say the doors are 6.30 with the show due to begin at 7.30 so curfew is likely to 11 as it is at most UK venues......PJ on stage at 8.30 for a good 2 hours or so :)
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
    Me too! Dead Man Walking please, Eddie :)

'Hard to imagine' pre-set would be good, or 'Throw your arms around me' like at Pistoia.
  • I'm in! And I just signed the blog... some of you've got some lovely faces. Some of you... well...

See you there, crew.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    V V wrote:

of course it is VV.... we shall not be chastised for derail... i mean i love PJ but its nice to have a laugh and type about other shit from time to time..

i.e. if this thread is just about London and the gig we may as well not type in it until fucking May or something...

i have no idea who said we were derailed anyway, but derailing can be fun :) i dont think PJ have been mentioned in the Dublin thread since September :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    or 'Throw your arms around me' like at Pistoia.
    Aah, memories...
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I'm in! And I just signed the blog... some of you've got some lovely faces. Some of you... well...
    OI!!

mind you, you and your wife make a lovely couple.. hope to see you there.
  • IrishJamIrishJam Posts: 307
    is anyone booked into wembley plaza beside me and my mate.
    are there any decent pubs around that will be open after the gig
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
  • IrishJam wrote:
    is anyone booked into wembley plaza beside me and my mate.
    are there any decent pubs around that will be open after the gig
    Wembley is an absolute shithole. There's fuck-all to do at night, really. You'd be better off going into town and busing it back. A few pubs, but nothing to write home about.
  • IrishJamIrishJam Posts: 307
    Wembley is an absolute shithole. There's fuck-all to do at night, really. You'd be better off going into town and busing it back. A few pubs, but nothing to write home about.

its that good....shiiiiaaatttt.....

where does one go for a bit of craic then afterwards
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Byrnzie wrote:
    'Hard to imagine' pre-set would be good
    Preset implies Ed solo, and I'd much much prefer a full band version on that number. It's Stone's as much as it is Ed's.

Saw Hide Your Love Away as a preset in Sydney 2 last year. Pity the fools who missed it cos they just had to sit outside and sink a few beers first.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • I've completely forgotten to post here!

I'm a London native, TenClub member, and will be seeing Pearl Jam for the fourth time at Webmley in June! :D (Standing style)
    IrishJam wrote:
    its that good....shiiiiaaatttt.....

where does one go for a bit of craic then afterwards

into the city centre?

this is why i booked a travelodge in the city :p;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    dunkman wrote:
    into the city centre?

this is why i booked a travelodge in the city :p;)

I think mine is too... I've no idea though... its where all the cool kids are staying!! :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    I think mine is too... I've no idea though... its where all the cool kids are staying!! :D

if yer in Farringdon missus then yer fairly central... i.e. 1mile to Covent Garden or something... and some guy once ran a mile in under 4 minutes... apparently he heard PJ tickets were for sale in some wee record shop or something!
  • dunkman wrote:
    if yer in Farringdon missus then yer fairly central... i.e. 1mile to Covent Garden or something... and some guy once ran a mile in under 4 minutes... apparently he heard PJ tickets were for sale in some wee record shop or something!
    You'll thank your lucky stars you booked into the Farringdon and not Wembley... those 'cool kids' are going to be sorry. Mark my words! ;)
    dunkman wrote:

That'd be the one alright!!! Farringdon WOO!

no idea where Covent Garden is either, but I've heard of it so that makes me happy! :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    You'll thank your lucky stars you booked into the Farringdon and not Wembley... those 'cool kids' are going to be sorry. Mark my words! ;)

i know... i couldnt work out why everyone was staying right next door to the venue :confused: especially at £60-£70 a room... being scottish i decided to save £50 a night by booking a shitey travelodge thats in the city centre... the money i've saved i'll be hiring a naked woman to give me a coaliebag into the city :)

i'm hoping that when i get back into the centre there will be a few pubs/clubs still open... at least till 1.00am :)
    Jennytree wrote:
    That'd be the one alright!!! Farringdon WOO!

no idea where Covent Garden is either, but I've heard of it so that makes me happy! :D

have you heard of SPearmint Rhino... if not well we could all go there after the gig :):):)

if you have then...eh... well we could all still go couldnt we?
  • dunkman wrote:
    have you heard of SPearmint Rhino... if not well we could all go there after the gig :):):)
    Let's not forget that someone we know works there... ;)
    Let's not forget that someone we know works there... ;)

True! Maybe she'll get us all in for nothing? :) We may all need something to help us...errm..unwind after Pear Jam.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    True! Maybe she'll get us all in for nothing? :) We may all need something to help us...errm..unwind after Pear Jam.

absolutely... big question, for me at least, is... do they get pie oot in Spearmint Rhino... never been but i was at this 'club' in Cardiff once and it was £5 to see boobs... i was gutted and i told the poor lassie that i could buy The Sun for 25pence and see a pair of boobs... saved myself £4.75 that night :cool:
  • Does anyone know what time the last trains are out of Wembley back to the city centre?
    dunkman wrote:
    absolutely... big question, for me at least, is... do they get pie oot in Spearmint Rhino... never been but i was at this 'club' in Cardiff once and it was £5 to see boobs... i was gutted and i told the poor lassie that i could buy The Sun for 25pence and see a pair of boobs... saved myself £4.75 that night :cool:

I've not graced that particular establishment before, but by all accounts you won't be disapointed.
    Does anyone know what time the last trains are out of Wembley back to the city centre?

Probably about 12:30am.
    Boobies!!! :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Boobies!!! :D

Can we count you in then? :confused: