Tell me not to do it. The neighbor that is.

Comments

• Why, if they're both consenting?

He may say no, again, and again...then she'll be standing at the door for 15 minutes and won't leave.
    "It's all happening"
  • He may say no, again, and again...then she'll be standing at the door for 15 minutes and won't leave.

LOL yeah.. but guys are easy, she'll be OK
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • LOL yeah.. but guys are easy, she'll be OK

according to that other thread, she doesn't understand that.
    "It's all happening"
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    tish wrote:
    I have been seeing a nice guy once a week for over a month now.
    But I answered my door to my neighbor, with whom I met at the gym, then shot some hoops with and again I'm in agony for not going to bed with him. GRRRR...
    Please, someone, tell me not to do the neighbor.

So did you fuck the neighbor yet and/or is he the person in question in this thread http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=266191?
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Classy thread.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
    Classy thread.

Almost as classy as throwing the word 'rape' around with such ease in this thread: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=266191
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:
    Almost as classy as throwing the word 'rape' around with such ease in this thread: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=266191
    that was just in the title... lotsa people have used a title that loosely refers to what they're talking about. She didn't imply in her first post anything of the sort.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    that was just in the title... lotsa people have used a title that loosely refers to what they're talking about. She didn't imply in her first post anything of the sort.

Obviously, I wasn't only referring to her posts or thread title...The fucking word is thrown around in there like a motherfucker..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    The Champ wrote:
    Obviously, I wasn't only referring to her posts or thread title...The fucking word is thrown around in there like a motherfucker..

it really isnt! did you read through the thread? the word rape is used in hypotheticals or when people are talking about the possibility that she could have been raped, which was a real risk.

dont be a bollox about it. the OPs seems to have realised (and has been fairly well been told by posters) that it was risky, theres no need to make fun of her about it
    JordyWordy wrote:
    it really isnt! did you read through the thread? the word rape is used in hypotheticals or when people are talking about the possibility that she could have been raped, which was a real risk.

dont be a bollox about it. the OPs seems to have realised (and has been fairly well been told by posters) that it was risky, theres no need to make fun of her about it

I disagree, but thanks for the input Jody :)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    JordyWordy wrote:

yeah no doubt man.
    why are so many making fun of her?
    i don't understand why it keeps going & going.
    grinding her down is pure bullshit.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    yeah no doubt man.
    yep, and it probably is my fault for refusing to change my mind :rolleyes: hence 'forcing' them to post the same opinions over and over again... so if it makes it go away, I'll concede. Cos this is just getting fucking ridiculous... now it's ok to stalk her into other threads and carry threads over and laugh? I really don't get it... but I'm going home :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • I understand that people have different perspectives on the the situation the OP discussed in the other thread - I think it's good to have open discussion about it - but bringing this thread back and some of the recent posts just seem like bullying. There's no need to berate, ridicule or laugh at anyone People are assuming it's linked to the other thread, when she's given us no indication that it is...and even if it is linked - it's possible to have an interest in someone and then change your mind.
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
    chadwick wrote:
    yeah no doubt man.

What? She said he respected her "no's"
    she invited an 'acquaintance' over
    in the bitter cold and snow
    inside in the warmth and cuddly couch
    a movie played in the background
    as they contemplated the situation
    something was learned at least
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    What? She said he respected her "no's"
    she invited an 'acquaintance' over
    in the bitter cold and snow
    inside in the warmth and cuddly couch
    a movie played in the background
    as they contemplated the situation
    something was learned at least

well..."Respecting her No's" and "taking 15 minutes to leave, while pleading for her to do different things" dont sound like the same thing to me. overall we both know where she stands

(also just to clear up, i mistook you for a different poster when i made the comment about being a bollox).

the use of the word "Rape" makes us aware of where she thinks it could have gone if she hadnt been lucky enough that he left. (obviously i think that shes holdin back info, shudnt have invited him over etc etc), but she seems shook up by it. so the use of rape in the title connects the dots for us as why shes so upset...she now realises how easy it could have been to be raped in her own home due to her stupidity. and in fairness, in the first paragraph she says he didnt rape her

Your Friend, always and Forever, Jody (nice touch sir :D)
    I understand that people have different perspectives on the the situation the OP discussed in the other thread - I think it's good to have open discussion about it - but bringing this thread back and some of the recent posts just seem like bullying. There's no need to berate, ridicule or laugh at anyone People are assuming it's linked to the other thread, when she's given us no indication that it is...and even if it is linked - it's possible to have an interest in someone and then change your mind.

good point. this is a horrifically personal issue for her, and while she brought it up, i dont think anyone of us could expect this kind of response in to a thread about our lovelives.
  • JordyWordy wrote:
    good point. this is a horrifically personal issue for her, and while she brought it up, i dont think anyone of us could expect this kind of response in to a thread about our lovelives.
    Exactly - I think it's one thing to debate an issue - it's another thing to debate a person - just feels like some of this has turned to a personal attack and that is deeply disturbing.
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    you can't just expect sex if he comes over! That'd be RAPE! hahaha....fucking hilarious!
    What is your problem? Oh... I get it... this has hit a nerve with you? A bit too close to home, is it? Leave the girl alone.
  • yep, and it probably is my fault for refusing to change my mind :rolleyes: hence 'forcing' them to post the same opinions over and over again... so if it makes it go away, I'll concede. Cos this is just getting fucking ridiculous... now it's ok to stalk her into other threads and carry threads over and laugh? I really don't get it... but I'm going home :)

Why the eye rolling and condescension? :confused: You make it seem like everyone who disagreed with you is at fault and childish and that us posting our opinions in different posts is somehow more annoying than you doing it. A bit hypocritical?
  • JordyWordy wrote:

the use of the word "Rape" makes us aware of where she thinks it could have gone if she hadnt been lucky enough that he left. (obviously i think that shes holdin back info, shudnt have invited him over etc etc), but she seems shook up by it. so the use of rape in the title connects the dots for us as why shes so upset...she now realises how easy it could have been to be raped in her own home due to her stupidity. and in fairness, in the first paragraph she says he didnt rape her

THANK YOU!!! :)
  • redrock wrote:
    What is your problem? Oh... I get it... this has hit a nerve with you? A bit too close to home, is it? Leave the girl alone.

It's entertainment! I find this whole thing amusing....sue me!
    "It's all happening"
  • PearlerPearler Posts: 191
    It's entertainment! I find this whole thing amusing....sue me!

Thats what the KKK were heard to say while they were chasing niggas into the fields with torch and noose.

Nothing much has changed with you dropkicks.
  • Pearler wrote:
    Thats what the KKK were heard to say while they were chasing niggas into the fields with torch and noose.

Nothing much has changed with you dropkicks.

Laughing as some drama on an open forum is hardly "chasing niggas into the fields with torch and noose"......where the hell are you from Arkansas?
    "It's all happening"
  • I understand that people have different perspectives on the the situation the OP discussed in the other thread - I think it's good to have open discussion about it - but bringing this thread back and some of the recent posts just seem like bullying.
    that's how it seems to me too.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Why the eye rolling and condescension? :confused: You make it seem like everyone who disagreed with you is at fault and childish and that us posting our opinions in different posts is somehow more annoying than you doing it. A bit hypocritical?
    Because all I've said in the other thread are my opinions on the matter... I've said how I'm not gonna change my mind and YOU'RE the one calling me stupid for refusing to do so... so who's the condescending one eh? And since when can opinions be wrong? But there are a few of you refusing to let it drop until I agree with you????? Which AIN'T gonna happen.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    JordyWordy wrote:
    well..."Respecting her No's" and "taking 15 minutes to leave, while pleading for her to do different things" dont sound like the same thing to me. overall we both know where she stands

(also just to clear up, i mistook you for a different poster when i made the comment about being a bollox).

Your Friend, always and Forever, Jody (nice touch sir :D)

I'll agree with that..oh and it's okay i've been referred to worse than 'bollox.'
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    Because all I've said in the other thread are my opinions on the matter... I've said how I'm not gonna change my mind and YOU'RE the one calling me stupid for refusing to do so... so who's the condescending one eh? And since when can opinions be wrong? But there are a few of you refusing to let it drop until I agree with you????? Which AIN'T gonna happen.

What?? All he or she is saying that it works both fucking ways. I didn't see you drop shit either, even after you said you would ;)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:
    What?? All he or she is saying that it works both fucking ways. I didn't see you drop shit either, even after you said you would ;)..
    huh? That's NOT all he said... I disagreed with him on the playing it safe part but he's telling me I'm stupid and dramatic and blah blah blah! I'm willing to accept that you guys can think whatever the fuck you want as long as ya accept that I'm gonna think whatever way I want... and that an opinion can't be wrong! If he thinks that ALL women should be aware that they may be raped any second, fair enough, but he can't tell ME that I should be thinking like that :confused: .
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    huh? That's NOT all he said... I disagreed with him on the playing it safe part but he's telling me I'm stupid and dramatic and blah blah blah! I'm willing to accept that you guys can think whatever the fuck you want as long as ya accept that I'm gonna think whatever way I want... and that an opinion can't be wrong! If he thinks that ALL women should be aware that they may be raped any second, fair enough, but he can't tell ME that I should be thinking like that :confused: .

According to you, opinions can't be wrong. If that's the case, how could his opinion regarding what you should think be considered wrong? Just because you don't agree with his opinion, doesn't make it any less valid than yours..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Because all I've said in the other thread are my opinions on the matter... I've said how I'm not gonna change my mind and YOU'RE the one calling me stupid for refusing to do so... so who's the condescending one eh? And since when can opinions be wrong? But there are a few of you refusing to let it drop until I agree with you????? Which AIN'T gonna happen.

And I can turn that around on YOU. Why is my opinion wrong? Aren't you refusing to let it drop until we agree with you? Why did I can you specifically stupid? How have I or anyone else for that matter been any more condescending than you have? Sorry but not everyone has to agree with you and not every thread has to be about you.