Options

Ever broken a bone?

Comments

• Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    btw, foot update: Peas aren't bringing the swelling down, and there's some rather magnificent bruising just starting to appear.

Try taking something you can get from heath shops called Rhus-Tox, all natural and brings out bruising :D

btw.... *ahem* pictures.... ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    dunkman wrote:
    remind me never to go for a gentle cycle ride with you

Best post of the day.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    dunkman wrote:
    remind me never to go for a gentle cycle ride with you

what is this "gentle cycle ride" you speak of?! :p
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,096
    jamie uk wrote:
    Just wondering, as I'm laid up here in the age old male tradition of wearing a bag of frozen peas on my foot!
    Seems in my ever more pathetic desire to stay young and fit, I have probably broken a bone, somewhere just between the ball of my foot and my big toe.
    It's a strange kind of pain, like a dull ache, and throbbing....ouchie!

I broke my toe last night too (snap!). Bashed it really hard against the corner of my sofa and this morning its completely black and feels like its gonna fall off :o
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    what is this "gentle cycle ride" you speak of?! :p

well for starters i thought we could do a wheelie off those white cliffs at Dover? and then after a spot of lunch we'll cycle through Kosovo and try and hit all the land mines... nothing to strenuous mind... i'm still recovering from the time we went for a game of darts :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    well for starters i thought we could do a wheelie off those white cliffs at Dover? and then after a spot of lunch we'll cycle through Kosovo and try and hit all the land mines... nothing to strenuous mind... i'm still recovering from the time we went for a game of darts :)

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! this made me choke I laughed so hard! Sounds like a fun filled weekend.... ;)

• Options
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!! this made me choke I laughed so hard! Sounds like a fun filled weekend.... ;)

See, even in type he's dangerous.

• Options
    See, even in type he's dangerous.

I see what you mean.... he's like a sniper ;)

• Options

we could even camp out? i've made a mattress for you out of broken glass and i took the time to glue even smaller bits of glass onto the broken glass... your sleeping bag is made of scorpions i sellotaped together.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    I broke my toe last night too (snap!). Bashed it really hard against the corner of my sofa and this morning its completely black and feels like its gonna fall off :o

That's spooky. You got peas? My toe is just starting to discolour, it's ok as long as I don't touch it or try and move it, or put it to the floor. I tried to put my shoe on earlier......bad move!
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options

:D:D

no joke.. as a kid all i wanted to be was a sniper :)
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    we could even camp out? i've made a mattress for you out of broken glass and i took the time to glue even smaller bits of glass onto the broken glass... your sleeping bag is made of scorpions i sellotaped together.
    Hey let's be honest, what the mattress is made of is the last concern of any poor soul who joins you on one. :p
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    dunkman wrote:
    Don't forget the morning. Have you not prepared a shower of vinegar with some salt for shampoo?
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    I'm 23 and so far I have broken.... *clears throat*

* Left tibia and fibia - Brother stepped on it as a baby
    * Collarbone, twice - One mountain bike and one bouncy castle injury
    * 4 ribs - Fell out of a tree
    * Both wrists 4 times each - Xcountry and downhill mountain biking
    * Left knee - Snowboarding
    * Chipped my left elbow - Mountain Biking
    * Middle, ring and pinky fingers on right hand - Pissed
    * Ring knuckle on right hand - Punched a table
    * Fractured my skull - Mountain Biking
    * Fractured my cheek - Riding my bike as a child
    * Smashed all 4 front teeth out - Same time as fracturing cheek bone

i read all that again... people really do under-estimate the gnarlyness of a good bouncy castle ;)
  • Options

WOW...hadn't thought of it like that.

• Options
    audiodave wrote:
    Don't forget the morning. Have you not prepared a shower of vinegar with some salt for shampoo?

aye but before the shower we have to grate all our face skin off...
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

sounds divine... we could have a romantic picnic of monkey brains over sticks of dynamite for candles....

• Options
    Somehow i've never broken any bones. I don't know how, as I was very accident prone as a child. I used to fall off my bike a lot as a kid. I think the best time was when we were at Center Parcs, and I hit a bollard with my bike, flew over the handle bars and landed in a giant green wheelie bin. My family thought it was so funny that they rode off and left me, and I can't have been more than about 8...I didn't even know which challet was ours!

Bastards. :rolleyes:
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

• Options
    audiodave wrote:
    Somehow i've never broken any bones. I don't know how, as I was very accident prone as a child. I used to fall off my bike a lot as a kid. I think the best time was when we were at Center Parcs, and I hit a bollard with my bike, flew over the handle bars and landed in a giant green wheelie bin. My family thought it was so funny that they rode off and left me, and I can't have been more than about 8...I didn't even know which challet was ours!

wanna experience breaking a bone? :p

• Options
    dunkman wrote:
    :D:D

no joke.. as a kid all i wanted to be was a sniper :)

I can imagine. Hiding out in trees, and in upper storey windows, watching people from distance through binoculars, oops sorry I mean gun sights.
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:

Well Dave, go for a bike ride with Sian...you won't last long by the sounds of it.
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    Well Dave, go for a bike ride with Sian...you won't last long by the sounds of it.

ohhhh! is that what you kids are calling it nowadays?! :P

• Options
    audiodave wrote:

thats funny imagery there Audio :D

you can come with me and Sian... we're off to lick plug sockets... coming?
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    jamie uk wrote:
    No, believe it or not I once broke my arm playing football! Unlike this one here, there was no mistaking it, the bone just above my wrist was clearly snapped, you could see it pointing the wrong way under the skin.

okay i wasn't playing football but I got thrown from a horse when i was 8 and the same thing happened to my right wrist and there certainly wasn't any cause for "I wonder if it's broken?" it was much too obvious. the 25 mile ride to the hospital was a total owie because the first 4 miles was on a really bumpy dirt road. 2 months in a cast. though being right-handed it meant no school work for the first six weeks of third grade :)

when i was 10 I broke my middle and ring fingers on my right hand playing soccer at school. this huge kid ran smack into me bending my fingers backward and they went *snap*

when i was 13 i broke my thumb on my left hand. another cast

as an adult I got a cracked rib and a broken ear-drum via the fist of an abusive jerk

I've broken my toes probably four of five times i can't even remember how many times

so it seems that i've haven't had it too bad at all. sounds like some of ya'll shouldn't ever leave your house ;)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    ohhhh! is that what you kids are calling it nowadays?! :P

Ha, kids! Hear that Dave? Stop bloody laughing!

Hey, I also had a lucky break yesterday..I aint seen it yet, but my mate text me saying I was letter of the month in Uncut magazine. Anybody got a copy?
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    Ha, kids! Hear that Dave? Stop bloody laughing!

Hey, I also had a lucky break yesterday..I aint seen it yet, but my mate text me saying I was letter of the month in Uncut magazine. Anybody got a copy?

Don't be stupid.... Dave doesn't laugh! he'd have to have a sense of humour to do that! :p

How comes you got letter of the month?

How bad's your injuryu btw? take pictures and send it into Bizarre magazine, you might win a prize! :D

• Options
    Don't be stupid.... Dave doesn't laugh! he'd have to have a sense of humour to do that! :p

How bad's your injuryu btw? take pictures and send it into Bizarre magazine, you might win a prize! :D
    HAHAHAHA.

Oh wait. I only laugh at funny things. :p
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Options

Oh I saw that mag once, trust me it's not worthy of a place in there! It's nothing to see really, just a slightly larger than it's partner big toe, and bruising just starting to show. I've had worse.
    Well, unless he's taking the piss, and I don't think he is cos I don't think I told him I wrote in. Well, 2 months back there was a letter from some guy saying how he was once at a small club gig by Robert Plant in Wales a few years back, and some drunk lad had jumped on the stage between encores and stole Planty's 4 pack of Brains beer. Well, it was a mate of mine, I put him up to it, we shared the beer out..so i just emailed the editor about it.
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    HAHAHAHA.

Oh wait. I only laugh at funny things. :p

there can't be any mirrors in your house then.... jesus, you'd never stop laughing....

• Options
    there can't be any mirrors in your house then.... jesus, you'd never stop laughing....
    Low blow Sian. Very low.

:p
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~