Options

Ever broken a bone?

jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Just wondering, as I'm laid up here in the age old male tradition of wearing a bag of frozen peas on my foot!
Seems in my ever more pathetic desire to stay young and fit, I have probably broken a bone, somewhere just between the ball of my foot and my big toe.
It's a strange kind of pain, like a dull ache, and throbbing....ouchie!
I came, I saw, I concurred.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    aaaawwww, jamie , what did ye do???
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 926
    Broke my wrist while roller skating in my parents basement when I was 8. Smacked it on the corner of the stairs. Never broke anything again though. Even played ice hockey for 20 years and never broke anything.

How did you break your foot?
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Broken Collarbone twice
    Broken Arm once
    My knee probably looks like a shredded beef taco on the inside.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    My knee probably looks like a shredded beef taco on the inside.

nice imagery :)
  • Options
    My3rdEye wrote:
    nice imagery :)

I hear it pop every morning, and every time I go snowboarding. I just lather it up with Sour Cream and it's good to go :)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    I hear it pop every morning, and every time I go snowboarding. I just lather it up with Sour Cream and it's good to go :)

Throw in a little Frank's Hot Sauce and you won't feel a thing :)
  • Options
    Linda wrote:
    aaaawwww, jamie , what did ye do???

Playing 5 a side football with a bunch of mates, who are also old enough to know better. I was running onto a ball to shoot, I gave it my full pelt, and this awkward scrawney little guy lunged across to block it...I hit the ball very hard, and also his outstretched foot at the same time. Knocked him off his feet...the tosser!
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    Playing 5 a side football with a bunch of mates, who are also old enough to know better. I was running onto a ball to shoot, I gave it my full pelt, and this awkward scrawney little guy lunged across to block it...I hit the ball very hard, and also his outstretched foot at the same time. Knocked him off his feet...the tosser!

Somehow I guessed it would be football related.

Sorry to hear that Jamie. Is it your first broken bone?
  • Options
    Somehow I guessed it would be football related.

Sorry to hear that Jamie. Is it your first broken bone?

No, believe it or not I once broke my arm playing football! Unlike this one here, there was no mistaking it, the bone just above my wrist was clearly snapped, you could see it pointing the wrong way under the skin.
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    No, believe it or not I once broke my arm playing football! Unlike this one here, there was no mistaking it, the bone just above my wrist was clearly snapped, you could see it pointing the wrong way under the skin.

Maybe you should give up football and take up curling then.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

curling is dangerous.

i watched a girl from my work slip on the ice and land on the back of her head.

but never ever tell a man to give up football.. thats like us telling women to give up moaning... its never going to happen :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options

Well, I kinda gave it up, this 5 a side stuff is different. I can't give this up, I need it.
    And as for injuries when i was playing.....I won't list them all, I had more than Bryan Robson...actually, you probably have no idea with that analogy, so let's just say I had lots.:)
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    Well, I kinda gave it up, this 5 a side stuff is different. I can't give this up, I need it.
    And as for injuries when i was playing.....I won't list them all, I had more than Bryan Robson...actually, you probably have no idea with that analogy, so let's just say I had lots.:)

You're right. I have no idea who he is. I've never broken a bone either. :cool:
  • Options
    bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    When I was 13 years old (2 weeks after my 13th birthday to be exact) on 12/2/87, I was hit by a car while skateboarding, causing me to get FUBAR!!! I broke my lower mandible, the two lower leg bones (tibia and fibula), and ruptured my spleen, which had to be removed or else I would of died of internal bleeding. I also hit my head bad enough to put me in a coma for a few weeks. It sucked spending Christmas and New Years in the hospital.
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • Options
    bigbadbill wrote:
    When I was 13 years old (2 weeks after my 13th birthday to be exact) on 12/2/87, I was hit by a car while skateboarding, causing me to get FUBAR!!! I broke my lower mandible, the two lower leg bones (tibia and fibula), and ruptured my spleen, which had to be removed or else I would of died of internal bleeding. I also hit my head bad enough to put me in a coma for a few weeks. It sucked spending Christmas and New Years in the hospital.

Holy Fuck! Ouch!

Although you made out better than a kid in my Jr. High. The truck driver that ran into him said "that's what you get for skateboarding" after the kid died :(
    NERDS!
  • Options
    bigbadbill wrote:

Ok, I feel like a blouse now, with my frozen peas!
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Broken elbow age 8, Broken wrist age 11, broken finger age 14 and a broken nose i think at some stage. Sounds strange to say at some stage my nose doesn't look wonky UNTIL you move my left nostril and there is a big hunk of cartlidge. Ligament damage in both my ankles (both done on the same day 1 year apart spooky) one was a sporting incident, the other was a drunken incident :D Oh and had a massive concussion age 13.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    fell off the top of a slide once - broke some ribs.
    football in 3rd grade - busted up left ankle.
    3 wheeler accident head on into a metal culvert/drainage pipe - left knee = got smoked, chip out of it and a dent like in it.
    some drunk prick wanted to fight - broke my nose.
    broken heart a few times.
    lotsa stiches, lotsa blood, lotsa being knocked unconscience.
    lotsa road rash.

this thread is hilarious.
    reminds me of the movie JAWS where they are compairing scars.
    funny shit this thread...
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    I'm 23 and so far I have broken.... *clears throat*

* Left tibia and fibia - Brother stepped on it as a baby
    * Collarbone, twice - One mountain bike and one bouncy castle injury
    * 4 ribs - Fell out of a tree
    * Both wrists 4 times each - Xcountry and downhill mountain biking
    * Left knee - Snowboarding
    * Chipped my left elbow - Mountain Biking
    * Middle, ring and pinky fingers on right hand - Pissed
    * Ring knuckle on right hand - Punched a table
    * Fractured my skull - Mountain Biking
    * Fractured my cheek - Riding my bike as a child
    * Smashed all 4 front teeth out - Same time as fracturing cheek bone

No compound fractures as yet... damn i'm gonna be excited when I finally get one of those babies! :rolleyes: lol

Also.... nearly sliced thumb off with stanley blade (fantastic scar on right hand), smashed face in numerous times on bike, ripped several ligaments tendons and muscles and had stupid number of stitches and industrial sized dressings....

Basically, I'm a liabilty.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    I think it's a good sign actually, some of you have broken so many bones. It shows you're not afraid to live life. :cool:
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

No compound fractures as yet... damn i'm gonna be excited when I finally get one of those babies! :rolleyes: lol

and i thought i was bad off.
    easy does it dude.
    fuck....
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options

Jeez! Ever thought of a less dangerous past time than mountain biking? Like swimming with sharks, or sky diving without a parachute whilst strapped to a murderer. That's quite a list.
    And compond fractures...oh, I saw a few of those during football games, not a pretty sight.
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5DXFVI6mTA&NR=1

I challenge you to watch this without cringing at least once.
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    Jeez! Ever thought of a less dangerous past time than mountain biking? Like swimming with sharks, or sky diving without a parachute whilst strapped to a murderer. That's quite a list.
    And compond fractures...oh, I saw a few of those during football games, not a pretty sight.

Mountain biking can be really dangerous, especially when you're throwing yourself off huge verts onto piles of rocks or into quarries. Tbh alot of my injuries have been done while getting my confidence up on my bike when I was younger, not getting my ass far enough back over the saddle, leaning too far into bends etc.

I've seen a few compound fractures.... I agree, not pleasant.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5DXFVI6mTA&NR=1

I challenge you to watch this without cringing at least once.

I didnt! :D

hahaha! thats ace!

• Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    The strangest bone I've ever broken...my eardrum. No joke.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    I didnt! :D

hahaha! thats ace!

Then..you are sick my friend. :)
    btw, foot update: Peas aren't bringing the swelling down, and there's some rather magnificent bruising just starting to appear.
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:

erm.... yes? lol

I used to work in a mortuary and after years of seeing my own dangling limbs and blood, nothing shocks me! LMAO

They don't make gals like me anymore... :D LOL

• Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    jamie uk wrote:
    btw, foot update: Peas aren't bringing the swelling down, and there's some rather magnificent bruising just starting to appear.

A broken foot isn't supposed to keep the mail from arriving!! :D
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

Also.... nearly sliced thumb off with stanley blade (fantastic scar on right hand), smashed face in numerous times on bike, ripped several ligaments tendons and muscles and had stupid number of stitches and industrial sized dressings....

Basically, I'm a liabilty.

remind me never to go for a gentle cycle ride with you
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.