Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329

Beating the Pens just feels right. I love it

"You can't beat us!!!"
    That was great :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    big difference between drafting 7th and 8th this year
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    7th Position is finalized.
    Thank god this season is over, Here is my short wish list for the summer:
    Berube is fired.
    One of these awful contracts is traded(trying not to be greedy)
    A. Macdonald
    LeCavalier
    Umberger
    A legit second line winger is drafted or acquired.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited April 2015

7th Position is finalized.
    Thank god this season is over, Here is my short wish list for the summer:
    Berube is fired.
    One of these awful contracts is traded(trying not to be greedy)
    A. Macdonald
    LeCavalier
    Umberger
    A legit second line winger is drafted or acquired.

I don't love berube, but I think he's shouldering too much blame. Holmgren is the one who's at fault for constructing a disaster of a roster.

My wishlist is to trade/cut all of the defensemen except for manning, schultz, and gudas (especially grossman, who sucks at everything). Would be great to dump lecavalier or umberger, but that's prob not happening. I'd move matt read in a heartbeat since he blows, but they're not getting anything for him.

I think hextall knows what he's doing. Unfortunately it's gonna take a few years to clean this mess up.

On the bright side, at least one of the pens/rags will be home after round 1
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    Who the hell can you root for in that series?
    MayDay10 said:

Who the hell can you root for in that series?

The rangers will always be my most hated team. That said, there is no way I'm rooting for the ice chickens. I hope it goes to 10 OTs in game 7...then the winner gets swept in round 2
    Berube should be fired just based on how he handled both Mason and LeCavalier. The short comings of Holmgren are a given.

I agree about Fat Read.

Shame on the Sabres for not knocking the Pens out. Easily my most hated team.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Berube should be fired just based on how he handled both Mason and LeCavalier. The short comings of Holmgren are a given.

I agree about Fat Read.

Rangers will do u guys that favor.

I agree about Fat Read.

I really don't think it matters who the coach is. Guess that's my point. I really don't care if berube is back or not. They have much bigger issues than the coach
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    The Fixer said:

I agree about Fat Read.

I really don't think it matters who the coach is. Guess that's my point. I really don't care if berube is back or not. They have much bigger issues than the coach
    and to think what was it 2 years ago you 'loved where this team is?'

Berube needs to go because he is a dick and do you want him handling and developing the young players next year and possibly beyond? no way to that. you need a coach in here that will be able to guide these young defensemen over the next few years. hopefully Hextall isn't such a pussy and lets one or two of those young defensemen play in the NHL next year.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I'm hearing Bruce boderou is gonna be available if ducks don't win.
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

I agree about Fat Read.

Berube needs to go because he is a dick and do you want him handling and developing the young players next year and possibly beyond? no way to that. you need a coach in here that will be able to guide these young defensemen over the next few years. hopefully Hextall isn't such a pussy and lets one or two of those young defensemen play in the NHL next year.

A lot has changed in two years. But I wouldn't expect you to realize that
    badbrains said:

I'm hearing Bruce boderou is gonna be available if ducks don't win.

Oh god no

He looks like the high talker from seinfeld

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXlp0EVmxik
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

I agree about Fat Read.

so you weren't wrong things just 'changed'? hilarious
    Congratulations on a bad finish. Much needed

6.5% Chance for McDavid. 70.5% Chance at picking 7th, 23% chance at picking 8th.

7th is a big deal. There seems to be a drop-off to 8th. Defenseman Ivan Provorov would be a great pick. Saw him play a few times this year and he is a beast. Its possible Marner slips to 7th too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EMCt6GNLx4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbX1deXybsA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzoFxFFMwbE
    Huge fan of Provorov, if they go the D route again or Best Player available.

From todays exit interviews.....
    Sam Carchidi @BroadStBull
    Vinny says he loves the organization and fans, but "things changed when Chief came on board."

Rob Parent @ReluctantSE
    Vinny says teams great, "my wife and kids absolutely love it here. But get new boss (Berube) ... it didn't go well for me."

Sam Carchidi @BroadStBull
    "I just want to be happy," Vinny says.

wayne fish @waynefish1
    Lecavalier says he still thinks he can produce in NHL. "I'm not 45."

Bill Meltzer @billmeltzer
    Lecavalier made crystal clear in his media session that he does not want to be back if Chief is back.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    Berube was an idiot when he played.
    Holmgren wasn't a brain surgeon when he played.
    Hextall was a lunatic when he played.

And these 3 are running the show? (I don't watch Hockey that much anymore and i'm glad i don't if it's these 3 are running the Flyers)
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

I agree about Fat Read.

No one could have predicted that holmgren would make so many terrible moves after they beat the pens in the playoffs three years ago. Also, Schenn and couturier haven't become the players everyone thought they would (still time for that). The dumb moves like the lecavalier contract, macdonald contract, etc have buried this team.

So no, I wasn't wrong at the time...but comprehension has never been your strong suit (being wrong is though), so I'm not surprised that you're confused
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

I agree about Fat Read.

No one could have predicted that holmgren would make so many terrible moves after they beat the pens in the playoffs three years ago. Also, Schenn and couturier haven't become the players everyone thought they would (still time for that). The dumb moves like the lecavalier contract, macdonald contract, etc have buried this team.

So no, I wasn't wrong at the time...but comprehension has never been your strong suit (being wrong is though), so I'm not surprised that you're confused
    you stated you were happy with where the organization was and were proven wrong by them not making the playoffs 2 out of past 3 years. how is this hard for you to understand and admit? i mean it's pretty fucking clear.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    edited April 2015
    I'm not a hockey guy, but I imagine the reason nobody is talking about the coach getting fired is because the Flyers fire a coach on, pretty much, a yearly basis...no?

www.myspace.com

I'm not a hockey guy, but I imagine the reason nobody is talking about the coach getting fired is because the Flyers fire a coach on, pretty much, a yearly basis...no?

doesn't matter who the coach is. roster is a mess because of the two years before hextall became GM. He's got them on the right path, just gonna take a while to get rid of some of the horrid contracts that they are stuck with.

would be nice for the flyers to get some luck in the tonight's lottery for a change
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    got the 7th overall pick for the draft. not bad.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    I need to freshen up on my Russian. Is that a Provorov article?
    I wonder if he is related to Ron Hakstol?
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    MayDay10 said:

I wonder if he is related to Ron Hakstol?

Knee slapper!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    edited May 2015
    interesting hire. i like that fact that Hextall isn't going for the old former Flyers and going outside the organization. Guy clearly had a ton of success in college and coached plenty of NHL-level players.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    Apparenty this guy is very intense.