Options

The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,741
    So, do we not get local telecasts for 2nd round any more? All Vs or NBC this series?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    So, do we not get local telecasts for 2nd round any more? All Vs or NBC this series?

I don't know i get CBC. the best channel to watch hockey
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    fife wrote:

this is a fact.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    We do not. :cry:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,283
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    only way flyers lose this series is if bryz goes totally nutso. flyers in 5 at most.

the giroux goal was an incredible shot. what a blast.

Briere is fucking amazing. no one in philly has ever performed in playoffs like this guy. every year like clockwork.

primeau was out of his mind the year the lost to tampa in the ecf

BrindAmour won the Cup with Carolina. Worst Trade Ever. Primeau had one playoff run and a 5th OT goal to show for his Flyers tenure.

brad mccrimmon trade was the flyers worst ever. but Primeau is the most overrated player in franchise history. the same season he had the great playoff run he scored only like 7 goals in 79 regular season games or something crazy like that. he had more goals in the playoff run.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    pjhawks wrote:
    Lindros trade was the flyers worst ever.

fact
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Remember journalism???

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/flyers-talk/Flyers-Notes-Briere-reinforces-Mr-Playof?blockID=699315&feedID=704
    In all three previous series between the Flyers and Devils, the team that has won Game 1 has gone on to win the series.

Flyers have played the Devils 4 times.

1995, 2000, 2004, 2010. The team who won Game 1 won all 4 series.

Flyers also played the predecessor of the Devils, the Colorado Rockies, in the 1978 Preliminary Round and won the best-of-3 series 2-0.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

fact

I hate when people say this. Lindros rejuvinated hockey in philly the way thome did baseball in philly. If given 100 chances to make that trade I'd do it every single time. if nothing else just to spite the rangers :D
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

fact

I hate when people say this. Lindros rejuvinated hockey in philly the way thome did baseball in philly. If given 100 chances to make that trade I'd do it every single time. if nothing else just to spite the rangers :D

It wasn't just the Lindros trade that won the Nordiques/Avs the Cup - they already had Joe Sakic & Owen Nolan, and a whole bunch of high draft picks.

Lindros had a lot of great years for the Flyers. The league's refusal to enforce obstruction penalties kept that team from winning a championship. (see the 1995 & 1996 losses to NJ & Fla)

Kind of saw some of that yesterday, actually - hope it doesn't continue this series. :roll:

• Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

fact

agree 100%. Snider built the Wells Fargo Center on the back of Lindros.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

fact

it was an aweful trade. they gaive up way to much for one player.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

fact

it was an aweful trade. they gaive up way to much for one player.

OH YEA KERRY HUFFMAN AND HEXTALL ..watch out

oh wait forsberg and ricci also
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Traded by the Quebec Nordiques to the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for Peter Forsberg, Steve Duchesne, Kerry Huffman, Mike Ricci, Ron Hextall, Chris Simon, Philadelphia's 1993 1st-round draft choice (10th overall), Philadelphia's 1994 1st-round draft choice (10th overall) and $15,000,000.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    Traded by the Quebec Nordiques to the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for Peter Forsberg, Steve Duchesne, Kerry Huffman, Mike Ricci, Ron Hextall, Chris Simon, Philadelphia's 1993 1st-round draft choice (10th overall), Philadelphia's 1994 1st-round draft choice (10th overall) and $15,000,000.

The flyers weren't winning a cup with just those players. Like Johnny said, colorado had sakic and nolan...not to mention some dude named patrick roy.

Lindros got the flyers to a cup. Things didn't work out there, but the trade did. I agree with pjhawks that the corestates center was built by lindros. I remember going to a game his rookie year. every time he got the puck everyone stood up and watched in awe. the guy was unbelievable...brought meaningful hockey back to philly.

I'd make that trade every time. Even knowing the outcome
  • Options
    this is one of those things that people will disagree on forever.

Lindors was great for a short period of time....but you just don't give up that much for a single player. it never seems to work out.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

The flyers weren't winning a cup with just those players. Like Johnny said, colorado had sakic and nolan...not to mention some dude named patrick roy.

Lindros got the flyers to a cup. Things didn't work out there, but the trade did. I agree with pjhawks that the corestates center was built by lindros. I remember going to a game his rookie year. every time he got the puck everyone stood up and watched in awe. the guy was unbelievable...brought meaningful hockey back to philly.

and mats sundin and foote and ....
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Marty is talking about goaltender interference in OT. I bet his brother in law was saying the same thing a few years ago. :lol:
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

He was so thrilling to watch. Such a force of nature. No one could've foreseen the concussion thing - concussions weren't really an acknowledged issue in 1992.

I still have the Daily News from the day Larry Bertuzzi awarded Lindros to the Flyers "ERIC IS OURS!".

Even when he came back for that NJ series in 2000, with all the rust, he was awesome in that Game 6 while everyone else stood around and watched him.

• Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Marty is talking about goaltender interference in OT. I bet his brother in law was saying the same thing a few years ago. :lol:

Ridiculous. The refs adopted a 1995 strategy in letting the Devils clutch & grab everybody the whole game. Even with 6 PP's there were all kinds of uncalled for penalties on NJ.

JVR wasn't in Brodeur's crease; he was just setting up a screen.

• Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Marty is talking about goaltender interference in OT.

did he mention his roughing non penalty on JVR?

:roll:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    fife wrote:

I miss the CBC so much. I watched the games with my Dad every Saturday night growing up. I used to live for the Don Cherry and Howie Meeker segments between periods. On Saturday afternoons they also used to air a Don Cherry show..I think it was called the Grapevine but I may be wrong.
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

Ridiculous. The refs adopted a 1995 strategy in letting the Devils clutch & grab everybody the whole game. Even with 6 PP's there were all kinds of uncalled for penalties on NJ.

I heard his quote and he said that JVR bumped into his stick unitentionally.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

And that loaded remark about how the refs wouldn't dare disallow 2 Flyers OT goals in Philly. :roll:

• Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

0.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

fact

I agree. I didn't like it from the stand point the trade only happened because Lindros didn't want to play in Quebec. Hockey players are usually very humble and for this guy to hold the league hostage before even playing a second of NHL hockey was ridiculous.
  • Options
    20120430_dn_0m39i5xn.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    He was so thrilling to watch. Such a force of nature. No one could've foreseen the concussion thing - concussions weren't really an acknowledged issue in 1992.

I still have the Daily News from the day Larry Bertuzzi awarded Lindros to the Flyers "ERIC IS OURS!".

Even when he came back for that NJ series in 2000, with all the rust, he was awesome in that Game 6 while everyone else stood around and watched him.

imagine how amazing Eric would be under today's rules. virtually unstoppable. He'd be Malkin but with a lot more desire and effort. to bad he played in the ridiculous clutch and grab, get a one goal lead in the playoffs and could murder someone and not get a penalty call era. depressing to think about. so cool to see Holmgren bring him back for the Winter Classic and have him skate with the team in Toronto. maybe Eric can come back for the parade :D
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    this is one of those things that people will disagree on forever.

Lindors was great for a short period of time....but you just don't give up that much for a single player. it never seems to work out.

10 years? Or a little less? I remember listening to the court ruling on the radio at work. I liked the trade.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

imagine how amazing Eric would be under today's rules. virtually unstoppable. He'd be Malkin but with a lot more desire and effort. to bad he played in the ridiculous clutch and grab, get a one goal lead in the playoffs and could murder someone and not get a penalty call era. depressing to think about. so cool to see Holmgren bring him back for the Winter Classic and have him skate with the team in Toronto. maybe Eric can come back for the parade :D

Not sure how long it will take him to get into the Hall, and how long the animosity will take to subside so we can hang #88 in the rafters. Flyers are so stubborn about retiring numbers. :lol:

I saw they made the other banners look all fancy like Mark Howe's.

• Options
    And that loaded remark about how the refs wouldn't dare disallow 2 Flyers OT goals in Philly. :roll:

I couldn't make out what he was saying at the end. What do you expect from a guy that would bang his brother in law's wife?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer