Options

The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    gave my daughter a bath during 3rd period/ot intermission. as soon as we got done she pooped on me before I could get her diaper on her. ended up being good luck...kinda like a seagull

nj just missed their chance to make this a series. today flyers played as poorly as they prob will entire series. I smell a sweep
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,246
    The Fixer wrote:
    gave my daughter a bath during 3rd period/ot intermission. as soon as we got done she pooped on me before I could get her diaper on her. ended up being good luck...kinda like a seagull

:lol:GO FLYERS!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:

nj just missed their chance to make this a series. today flyers played as poorly as they prob will entire series. I smell a sweep
    You now need to get pooped on every game.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

You now need to get pooped on every game.

I'm willing to do what it takes for a cup
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,246
    Anyone else find it kinda odd that the Flyers use the Union "DOOP" song when they score a goal?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hz80LNkVrw
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,741
    The Fixer wrote:

My big guy's Flyers onesie is now 3-0. :o:D

Yeah I think today was a great chance for NJ to take one, esp with Bryz sucking again. If he plays well I don't think we lose to anybody. But of course, is there any bigger if than that?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

My big guy's Flyers onesie is now 3-0. :o:D

Yeah I think today was a great chance for NJ to take one, esp with Bryz sucking again. If he plays well I don't think we lose to anybody. But of course, is there any bigger if than that?

I thought he played pretty well except for the third goal, which was awful. turnovers by read and schenn led to the first two goals (the 2nd one via PP). Bryz was real good in the 1st while the team was sleepwalking in front of him. Hopefully he can build off of today and get back to his March form

This team is really fun to watch. So many weapons. JVR was real good today, he just adds to the arsenal

5 down, 11 to go
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Knock Knock. Bryz made some great saves in the 1st period. Were the Devils D trying to take Marty out? They nailed him twice without any Flyers being involved.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I had a feeling that the Flyers were going to come out weak but would still win. some turnovers that were bad and Ilya had some problems with handing the puck but played good in the 1st to keep the Flyers in.

I expect a better all around game tomorrow from both teams
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    3rd goal was aweful

2nd goal should have never happen. horrible call. and speaking of missed calls...what about the high stick to the throat of wellwood or is that not a penatly because he was on his knee's?

i like the Flyers chances for 5 game series.

good to have road ice advantage back.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    81 wrote:
    3rd goal was aweful

2nd goal should have never happen. horrible call. and speaking of missed calls...what about the high stick to the throat of wellwood or is that not a penatly because he was on his knee's?

That play on Welllwood was called a penalty.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    3rd goal was aweful

That play on Welllwood was called a penalty.

could have and most likely should have been two penalities. the hook was called, the high stick was not.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Very rarely will they call two penalties on the same play, especially in the playoffs.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Very rarely will they call two penalties on the same play, especially in the playoffs.

no biggies seeing as they won...but those were two bad calls agaist the flyers. that's all i was saying.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

no biggies seeing as they won...but those were two bad calls agaist the flyers. that's all i was saying.

They were trying to even out the penalties when in fact the game was anything but even.

Wellwood's speed on that play out of the penalty box, drawing the penalty, was freaking amazing. He was skating circles around the Devils.

Nice to see Couts frustrating another high scoring forward. Kovalchuk was a turnover machine. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    SOFT GOALS AGIN FROM BRYZ..ESPECIALLTY THE 3RD
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

Yeah, if he can keep his focus nobody is beating us. Too bad that's such a huge if.

• Options

Yeah, if he can keep his focus nobody is beating us. Too bad that's such a huge if.

hopefully he will hit March form around may
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

hopefully he will hit March form around may

lmao ..march form
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

lmao ..march form

4 shutouts in 5 games.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

lmao ..march form

4 shutouts in 5 games.....

season started in october
  • Options

season started in october

point<
    >you

:P

It's the end of April, May begins tommrorrow and the Flyers are still taking to the ice for important games.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,283
    only way flyers lose this series is if bryz goes totally nutso. flyers in 5 at most.

the giroux goal was an incredible shot. what a blast.

Briere is fucking amazing. no one in philly has ever performed in playoffs like this guy. every year like clockwork.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    flyers in 5 at most.

that what i'm thinking. hopefully the other series drags on to a 7th game.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    97093338.jpg

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

good thing our team knows how to put the puck in the net...unlike your squad

was the 3 goals scored in game one the most the rangers have ever scored in a playoff game?
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    only way flyers lose this series is if bryz goes totally nutso. flyers in 5 at most.

Briere is fucking amazing. no one in philly has ever performed in playoffs like this guy. every year like clockwork.

primeau was out of his mind the year the lost to tampa in the ecf
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,283
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

no doubt but this is every year with Briere not just one.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

BrindAmour won the Cup with Carolina. Worst Trade Ever. Primeau had one playoff run and a 5th OT goal to show for his Flyers tenure.

• Options
    BrindAmour won the Cup with Carolina. Worst Trade Ever. Primeau had one playoff run and a 5th OT goal to show for his Flyers tenure.

in fairness....Primeau's career was cut short.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg