Options

The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    So the earliest the Flyers will play Saturday or could it still be Friday?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    JK_Livin wrote:

haven't even looked. guess it would depend on who they play?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,741
    polaris_x wrote:
    fife wrote:
    Ok can you name one move that Armstrong did THIS year to improve the team other than firing a coach? the reality is that you can't. St. Louis had a great year but most of their players were already there for the last couple of years. I would say that St. Louis year was more based on Hitchcock coaching than anything else. Do you think that Brian Elliot was great before Hitchcock came? no.

Did Armstrong have key injuries to key players this year that needed replacing? Armstrong is a good GM and has built a good team but the reality is that he didn't do anything this year that should have gotten him the nomination. i do believe that more of the credit should go to Hitchcock.

:lol: ... i'm really not sure where to start ... :lol:

the bolded part is probably the most ridiculous comment ... forget the fact, elliot already had a shutout before hitchcock was hired or that he got a 2nd almost right after ... foget the fact that it was armstrong who made a change to hitchcock while the team was 6-7 ... hardly a disastrous record ... he signed elliot for $600k ... he brought in a group of guys that was second in the western conference this year while playing in a division with detroit, nashville and chicago ... sure, they got columbus but that is a strong division ...

listen ... i have no love/hate for the flyers or any of the teams in the playoffs ... i'm telling it like i see it ... with all the hits and everything ... i find it laughable tho that flyers fans can get up in arms just about anything tho ... :D ... again - sure, root for your gm ... say he did a better job but to say he is exclusion from the gm of the year nomination is a joke is absurd ...

Tallon should be DQ'ed just for being one of the idiots who passed on Couturier in the draft. :roll: (because he got mono - seriously? :lol: )
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

No way can they play on Friday. They won't know their opponent until both Game 7's are over on Thursday night.

Hopefully Saturday & Sunday. :mrgreen:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

No way can they play on Friday. They won't know their opponent until both Game 7's are over on Thursday night.

Hopefully Saturday & Sunday. :mrgreen:

duh..right

i'd guess sunday....i'd think they would start the west on friday and sat.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I heard that if we should get the Rags that the series wouldnt start until Tuesday.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Hartnell-Giroux-Carle-Talbot

lost some respect

All were at the Nickelback show last night

:fp:

I really don't find it surprising that hartnell was there. He had a great season, but he's still kinda a tool

RE: the gm stuff. who cares about individual awards? holmgren has done a great job. that's all we need to know or care about IMO

Go caps tonight
  • Options
    I heard that if we should get the Rags that the series wouldnt start until Tuesday.

That's absurd - is stuff scheduled at MSG? I don't see anything.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:

You're late.

• Options
    Jason P wrote:

You're late.
    I tend to be a day late and a nickle short ... ;)
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Ugh, the way that guy just talks to the crowd, you can tell he's such a tool.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    i figured they were there since nickle back is the official music supplier for NHL on NBC :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    i figured they were there since nickle back is the official music supplier for NHL on NBC :fp:
    Yeah, I had the NHL Network on while cooking last night and suffered through a couple Nickleback highlight montages before yelling "What the fuck is going on????!!!!" and switching to a random channel.
  • Options
    If they win the Stanley Cup I don't care if they listen to Jimmy Buffett or Toby Keith or Creed.

However, the Nickelback on all the NBC promos is fucking awful.

• Options
    Thanks Caps.

Flyers will get NJ, Fla, DC, or Ottawa. Pretty awesome :D
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Fixer wrote:
    Thanks Caps.

scared to death eh? ;)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Thanks Caps.

scared to death eh? ;)

Nah. rangers are the same team they have been. Great goalie, no offense. I'd rather have the easiest road possible, which doesn't include the rangers.

hopefully ottawa wins tomorrow night. regardless, the flyers are looking poised for a cup run. vegas has them as the odds on favorites to win it all
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Thanks Caps.

scared to death eh? ;)

Nah. rangers are the same team they have been. Great goalie, no offense. I'd rather have the easiest road possible, which doesn't include the rangers.

hopefully ottawa wins tomorrow night. regardless, the flyers are looking poised for a cup run. vegas has them as the odds on favorites to win it all

vegas hasn't been paying much attention to their d and goalie i guess..and the fact that i would have been better than fluery
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    vegas hasn't been paying much attention to their d and goalie i guess..and the fact that i would have been better than fluery

well they just beat arguably the best team in hockey so they must be doing something right. keep hating. if your team can manage to get past that tough ottawa squad :roll: maybe our teams will meet in the ecf
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Thanks Caps.

scared to death eh? ;)

vegas has them as the odds on favorites to win it all

That title didn't help the Penguins. :P
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

that's what i was thinking.

anyways, big swing from pre season when alot of the so called experts had the flyers barely making the playoffs or missing them :nono:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Pretty sweet - no Rangers next round... and no Bruins either. ;)

I hate being the favorite though - this team struggles as a fave.

I am hoping to meet the Rangers in the ECF - it would be fun. But whoever it is, doesn't really matter.

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    joel ward secured the flyers visit to the finals ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    Do you think that was goalie interference? How about that blocked shocked by Bergeron I believe without his stick.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Do you think that was goalie interference? How about that blocked shocked by Bergeron I believe without his stick.

i had ball hockey last nite so i missed the game ... i did see the OT ... and that is not goalie interference in the current version of the nhl ... they have been letting that stuff go for a while ...
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

i said the same thing...close ,but probably the right call
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

anyways, big swing from pre season when alot of the so called experts had the flyers barely making the playoffs or missing them :nono:

true. and we all know philly's sports history as favorites :thumbdown:

my point was flyers fans have no reason to be 'scared to death' of the NYR. it's nice to avoid them in round 2, but the flyers are more than capable of beating them
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

that was ex-flyer dennis seidenberg

can't believe the caps won that series. they are such garbage
  • Options
    81 wrote:

i believe i said at the beginning of the season that this team would win the cup ... granted i also hinged it on pronger's health! ... haha ... but it was pretty obvious - this was a real good team from the get-go