They didn't even show up

:x
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    81 wrote:
    ugh. was out and luckily missed this game (just got home) :roll:
    Didn't miss much....just a bunch of turnovers leading to nyi breakaway after breakaway

This team is so mediocre.

yeah apparently, watching the post game now on comcast
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    They didn't even show up

Bob did....could have easily been a 5-0....although he should have had the third goal
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    81 wrote:
    They didn't even show up

Bob did....could have easily been a 5-0....although he should have had the third goal

Yeah he was the lone bright spot

Were they looking ahead to this weekend ? Devils-Broons

First win in Philly since '07 !

:shock:

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    While I understand that Bob has a great record against the Islanders (in reality, the Flyers have a great record against the Islanders) , i don't understand why they they did not play Ilya after he played very well last game. Are they trying to save him for the playoffs?

Very very poor game by the Flyers, Claude looks a little beaten down lately. He has is the heart of the team and has to step up hi splay. I am not going to complain too much about him as he is still playing great this whole season but he has to continue.

I hear Pronger is going to see the doctor on Feb. 1.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    fife wrote:
    While I understand that Bob has a great record against the Islanders (in reality, the Flyers have a great record against the Islanders) , i don't understand why they they did not play Ilya after he played very well last game. Are they trying to save him for the playoffs?

I agree. I didn't read back in this thread but all of the Flyers were out late on Wednesday night for a fundraiser and requested to Lavs that yesterday's afternoon practice be optional!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    the G line has blown for the last month. as dominant as they were to start the season, they suck just as bad now. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    81 wrote:
    the G line has blown for the last month. as dominant as they were to start the season, they suck just as bad now. :x

and I wonder if Fixer is ok with our stud fighting. just stupid. last thing i want in hockey is claude giroux fighting.
    pjhawks wrote:
    81 wrote:

and I wonder if Fixer is ok with our stud fighting. just stupid. last thing i want in hockey is claude giroux fighting.

i have no problem with G fighting....as long as he stays in his weight and skill class.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    81 wrote:

i have no problem with G fighting....as long as he stays in his weight and skill class.

exactly

My god some things just never run their course in these Philly threads its so fuckin old the same arguments

exactly

My god some things just never run their course in these Philly threads its so fuckin old the same arguments

i think whether one of the 2 or 3 best players in hockey should be fighting is a legitimate question.
    pjhawks wrote:

exactly

i think whether one of the 2 or 3 best players in hockey should be fighting is a legitimate question.

You dont think anyone should fight

In the Hockey World guys get respect when theyre the best player on the team and fight..its hockey its not going to change

It's not always about worrying about injuries..sometimes guys get frustrated and want to fight

Briere just fought not long ago

pjhawks wrote:

exactly

You dont think anyone should fight

In the Hockey World guys get respect when theyre the best player on the team and fight..its hockey its not going to change

It's not always about worrying about injuries..sometimes guys get frustrated and want to fight

Briere just fought not long ago

did you see the interview with Pronger's wife on CSN? Seemed a bit freaked still about his symptoms. Scary stuff with the concussions these days.
    What are ya gonna do...you can't play scared

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The defensive coverage all year has been especially alarming. Forwards dont help out, this has to be something that Laviolette needs to tighten up, as it falls on his shoulders.
    As usual the goaltending is suspect, and its now compounded by the fact that the offense is sputtering. It seems like Giroux and Jagr both are still not 100% from their respective injuries. Besides the rookies, no other forwards are picking up the slack(Hello Briere).
    The scoring was covering up the average goaltending/defense earlier in the season, now its a sore spot.

A deal for a reliable 5th/6th d-man has to be in the pipeline. I dont expect anything major though. That would be a mistake for Holmgren to panic and trade away a young piece right now. This team is just not built for a long playoff-run IMO. The absence of Pronger is large, and Bryz is just an absolute headcase right now, and the D in front of him is NOT helping his confidence at all.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    The defensive coverage all year has been especially alarming. Forwards dont help out, this has to be something that Laviolette needs to tighten up, as it falls on his shoulders.
    As usual the goaltending is suspect, and its now compounded by the fact that the offense is sputtering. It seems like Giroux and Jagr both are still not 100% from their respective injuries. Besides the rookies, no other forwards are picking up the slack(Hello Briere).
    The scoring was covering up the average goaltending/defense earlier in the season, now its a sore spot.

A deal for a reliable 5th/6th d-man has to be in the pipeline. I dont expect anything major though. That would be a mistake for Holmgren to panic and trade away a young piece right now. This team is just not built for a long playoff-run IMO. The absence of Pronger is large, and Bryz is just an absolute headcase right now, and the D in front of him is NOT helping his confidence at all.

This team traded away it's captain and top scorer over the summer. You don't expect anything major?

This team traded away it's captain and top scorer over the summer. You don't expect anything major?
    Nope. I cant see any significant trade being made before or at the deadline.
    afternoon game..... :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

don't be too suprised when something goes down.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    nice to get the win....

but now Jagr is back out.....and Danny boy is concussed :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    bruins gonna be angry tomorrow,,,,, hope you guys kill each other :)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    81 wrote:

I'm sure there will be a trade, maybe two. I just dont see a large trade happening.

Jagr needs to sit out as long as it takes until that groin is properly healed. Enough of the missing 2 games and rushing back into the lineup.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:

I'm sure there will be a trade, maybe two. I just dont see a large trade happening.

Jagr needs to sit out as long as it takes until that groin is properly healed. Enough of the missing 2 games and rushing back into the lineup.

pretty much what I expected with jagr. he's been like this for a decade now. his groin problems aren't going away...even if he sits out two months straight.

I think they absolutely add a d-man. knowing the flyers, they will go after the biggest name available.

today could be ugly. real ugly
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    81 wrote:
    afternoon game..... :?
    i know a few people going to the game (not me though :( ) should be decent
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    81 wrote:
    nice to get the win....

Jagr wants another 1yr deal for next year

I'm gonna miss the game hopefully they show up !

Hate working on a Sunday :x

81 wrote:
    nice to get the win....

yeah...heard they were working on one.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    nice to get the win....

yeah...heard they were working on one.

He has the same agent as Voracek former flyer Petr Svoboda

Definitely like Voracek gotta lock him up

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    is martin brodeur approaching 50?

i can't believe that guy is still playing. i remember him back when i was just starting out in high school.
    www.myspace.com