The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

gonna take more than a goalie to fix this shit. it's the same story game after game....they can't shut the other team down. the defense/goaltending blows. they need to work on that shit if they want to do anything.

i'm not sold on the richards trade yet either. the carter deal i like, the richards trade has been a bust this year.....couple of years it can swing around, but.....

simmonds has been pretty awesome. I like him a lot. Schenn has had a tough year (unlucky), but I'm willing to give him more time before I say the trade was a bust. I do miss richards though. Didn't he get another concussion??

the carter trade has been fantastic. coturier is going to be really, really good.

Luke Schenn to the flyers rumors floating around. They will get another defenseman. Holmgren knows that he can't play Lilja in important games. That guy is a cone with limbs

so far the richards deal has been a dud. Simmons is ok for a third liner...Schenn is the key...nice to see him actually playing and producing a little. this trade is way to early to pass judgement...i will conceed that.

carter deal has been fantastic. love 14. killing pp's as a 18 year old rookie. amazing..and now his offense is starting to show up.

i don't agree that the richards trade is a dud. you also have Voracak and don't forget that it also opened up some good cap space
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Luke Schenn to the flyers rumors floating around. They will get another defenseman. Holmgren knows that he can't play Lilja in important games. That guy is a cone with limbs

cone with limbs...that's about right. i expected more. he's been aweful.

nice to see they finally found a guy from the minors that can play in bourdon.

I wish they would call gustaffson back up. I liked him a lot before he hurt his wrist.

They will figure this out...still 3 full months before playoffs.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

cone with limbs...that's about right. i expected more. he's been aweful.

nice to see they finally found a guy from the minors that can play in bourdon.

I wish they would call gustaffson back up. I liked him a lot before he hurt his wrist.

They will figure this out...still 3 full months before playoffs.

they better figure out who their goalie is or they haven't a prayer
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    fife wrote:
    i don't agree that the richards trade is a dud. you also have Voracak and don't forget that it also opened up some good cap space

voracek was part of the carter deal.

I do agree that the richards trade could still be good. I think I heard richards is out with another concussion. He can't seem to stay healthy.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    fife wrote:

93 and 14 came from Columbus in the Carter deal.

Simmonds and Schenn came from LA in the richards deal.

Schenn is the key to the Richards deal....simmonds was just an extra part. at this point, i'd rather have Richards....but long term, i think it will turn out to be good deal....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    fife wrote:

I do agree that the richards trade could still be good. I think I heard richards is out with another concussion. He can't seem to stay healthy.

he played 18 minutes in their last game and no mention of an injury in teh recap....

he did miss time back in december with a noggin buster
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    fife wrote:

he played 18 minutes in their last game and no mention of an injury in teh recap....

he did miss time back in december with a noggin buster

ok. I could have sworn I heard he had another concussion. Oh well, I was probably drunk at the time :D

I know carter is hurt again. I am soooooooo glad they got rid of that waste of talent. what a loser he is
    edited January 2012
    The Fixer wrote:
    ok. I could have sworn I heard he had another concussion. Oh well, I was probably drunk at the time :D

I know carter is hurt again. I am soooooooo glad they got rid of that waste of talent. what a loser he is

just looking at carter's stats.....4 hits in 30 games. i could get 4 hits in one shift if they let me on the ice. :lol:

richards missed 8 games in december with a concussion
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

just looking at carter's stats.....4 hits in 30 games. i could get 4 hits in one shift if they let me on the ice. :lol:

But, but, he scores goals. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:
    fife wrote:

your right. that was a part of the carter trade. my bad. i still think long term both trades will be good for both teams.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I wish they would call gustaffson back up.

they just did.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    simmonds is on pace for 20+ goals. he's more than just a checker.

i'd like to see him on the 3rd....not the 4th.

i think i'd like him more if he wasn't such a goofy skater. he reminds me of bambi learning to walk.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i think i'd like him more if he wasn't such a goofy skater. he reminds me of bambi learning to walk.

or hartnell :lol:

nice about gustaffson. hopefully that's not due to an injury (timonen's hand)
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

or hartnell :lol:

nice about gustaffson. hopefully that's not due to an injury (timonen's hand)

hartnell seems to lose an edge more often than others....

simmons always looks like he is going to end up like this

bambi.jpg

they loaned Walker to the phantoms....i don't see kimo missing any time for the hand unless something else happend last night. he's been playing with a bad hand for a few games now.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    when do we play u scrubs again?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

nhl.com
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

nhl.com

i figured you didn't have it circled on your calendar :lol:
    81 wrote:

nhl.com

i don't pay much attention to who the flyers play, i just worry about when they play so i can catch the game.

but....

the rangers games are

feb 5
    feb 11
    apr 3
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    yeah, the rest of the season doesn't matter. the flyers already played the biggest regular season game of the season :roll:
  • 81 wrote:

nhl.com

It sure seems to matter to you guys a lot more.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

It sure seems to matter to you guys a lot more.

yea we wanna keep whipping your asses
    Overall Record: 114 W - 113 L - 37 T ( 795 GF - 782 GA )
    Home Record: 63 W - 54 L - 14 T ( 410 GF - 363 GA )
    Road Record: 51 W - 59 L - 23 T ( 385 GF - 419 GA )

Flyers are +1 game overall...with 13 more goals.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Overall Record: 114 W - 113 L - 37 T ( 795 GF - 782 GA )
    Home Record: 63 W - 54 L - 14 T ( 410 GF - 363 GA )
    Road Record: 51 W - 59 L - 23 T ( 385 GF - 419 GA )

Flyers are +1 game overall...with 13 more goals.

More importantly: 6-4 in playoff series.

Claude and Timonen going to the all star game.

read and sean wil be headed as well...for rookie fun.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

im kind of surprised that hartnell is not going.
    fife wrote:
    81 wrote:

im kind of surprised that hartnell is not going.

i'm a little suprised as well...but that's ok...always good to get the players a little rest that weekend.

Bulls are campaining to get a second all star in the nba game. i'm hoping they fail in their quest.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Bulls are campaining to get a second all star in the nba game. i'm hoping they fail in their quest.

What is the criteria? The first 7 games? :roll:

81 wrote:

What is the criteria? The first 7 games? :roll:

:lol:

Bulls have played 12 games...i thought they should have dumped the all star game this year....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    couturier is a stud. he's already a better player than carter

only 19. teams must be kicking themselves for letting him slide to 8th in the draft last year.
    The Fixer wrote:
    couturier is a stud. he's already a better player than carter

only 19. teams must be kicking themselves for letting him slide to 8th in the draft last year.
    He might be the second best forward on the team
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg