The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    81 wrote:
    A shoot out win !!!!

:o

Bob was excited.

but what a ho hum game...nothing like the Boston game.

I heard he did a little dance

:lol:

its a rare occurance..let him dance :lol:

goodnight fly boys

i suppose bryz will start the next game? :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    81 wrote:
    florida annoucers were saying during the game, philly doesn't practice shootouts. could be part of the reason they suck in them. they also commented, philly should be in the playoffs and you don't have shootouts there.

I read that on twitter today, Lavy said with such a tight practice schedule on time theyd rather worry about the PP and PK

I see his point but, they have lost a ton of points over the years with these shoot out loses
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    eqz5dw.gif.

eqz5dw.gif.

THAT DESERVES AN ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS HOLE CHANT
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    8 Rookies in the lineup tonight

The break is much needed

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    While the game was not great, i liked that the we had 8 rookies play and still won. only 1 point behind Boston (of course you won't hear that from the media who have a love for boston right now)

I still think a big move is going to happen. great move from Giroux on the penalty shop.

all star break now and hope some players come back.

btw, i have a bit going with a friend about Scotty, will he be the first player to get into a fight during the all star game?
  • 81 wrote:
    florida annoucers were saying during the game, philly doesn't practice shootouts. could be part of the reason they suck in them. they also commented, philly should be in the playoffs and you don't have shootouts there.

Completely agree.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

Completely agree.

i'm not 100% on board with it...maybe an end of practice break away drill once a week wouldn't be bad. have a little 10 on 10 competition, losers buys dinner or something.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited January 2012

why? Flyers blow in shootouts...Bob has been the "backup" all season all though has been the better goalie. i like to see some emotion from the goalie every now and then. it can jack up the rest of the team....sort of like iyla clubbing the boston guy. that was awesome.

it's not like he was shooting at anybody.
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    eqz5dw.gif.

8-) i don't care what you people say....i like bob
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    eqz5dw.gif.

8-) i don't care what you people say....i like bob
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I got(paid) Bob to sign a photo for my son at last year's Flyer's Carnival and Wayne Simmonds in an LA Kings uni is in the photo.

I still think they need to give Bryz a 5 or 6 cansecutive game stretch soon.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    81 wrote:

why? Flyers blow in shootouts...Bob has been the "backup" all season all though has been the better goalie. i like to see some emotion from the goalie every now and then. it can jack up the rest of the team....sort of like iyla clubbing the boston guy. that was awesome.

it's not like he was shooting at anybody.

why?? cause he looks like an a hole :lol:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I got(paid) Bob to sign a photo for my son at last year's Flyer's Carnival and Wayne Simmonds in an LA Kings uni is in the photo.

I still think they need to give Bryz a 5 or 6 cansecutive game stretch soon.

its the flyers..they don't know what that means
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    81 wrote:
    No, Lavilolette does not have the team practice shootouts, at all. I've never understood this. This team is losing valuable points throughout the year by continuously sucking at this. They should at least take a couple minutes every other practice to work on the shoot out.

Having said that, the Shoot out is nothing more than a glorified skills gimmick that unfortunately is used to decide the outcome of a team game. Not a big fan of it, but its something that should be worked on by this team.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    i think it's better than a tie...if you are spending 100's on tickets....then a winner should be decided. i would be ok if they tweaked OT rules....maybe 4x4 for 10 minutes and then 3x3 for ten....then 2x2....or just play the game like you play post seasons games.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    i think it's better than a tie...if you are spending 100's on tickets....then a winner should be decided. i would be ok if they tweaked OT rules....maybe 4x4 for 10 minutes and then 3x3 for ten....then 2x2....or just play the game like you play post seasons games.

4x4 for 10 minutes. 3x3 starts getting a little ridiculous. I don't see the problem with ties, but if OT is 10 minutes at least there would be fewer games decided by skills competitions. Also, a regulation win should be 3 points, so each game awards the same number of points. Olympics did this, so why can't the NHL?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    matt carle tweeted bob got the dance from this guy

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY16w4Z7WeQ
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    eqz5dw.gif.

i think i like the shot from behind the net best

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/flyers-ta ... feedID=695
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Ties don't bother me ....I agree extend the OT time would help

You fight for 60 plus mins and the game is decided by individuals

They should just do the targets in each corner of the net

• They should just do the targets in each corner of the net

You could bring Ray Bourque out of retirement. :lol:

Maybe hardest shot too.

81 wrote:
    eqz5dw.gif.

i think i like the shot from behind the net best

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/flyers-ta ... feedID=695

Pfffft

Find your own gif

:mad:

They should just do the targets in each corner of the net

You could bring Ray Bourque out of retirement. :lol:

Maybe hardest shot too.

Yeah have a ringer just waiting for shoot outs on the bench

Al Iafrate for the hardest shot

:wink:

Pfffft

Find your own gif

:mad:

if i could make one...

instead....dance off....go

COLE-BOB.gif
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    So is anyone hearing what Nashville is asking for Suter. i have heard so many stories. last i heard was JVR, 2 drafts picks and also Sean Countier>

what are they saying in philly?
    fife wrote:
    So is anyone hearing what Nashville is asking for Suter. i have heard so many stories. last i heard was JVR, 2 drafts picks and also Sean Countier>

that's crazy if they are asking for all of that.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • fife wrote:

Tell them Va Fancul.

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    fife wrote:

Couturier is untouchable, unless a team blows them away with an offer.

I do think JVR will be a goner.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

that's crazy if they are asking for all of that.

thats the report i got from Toronto radio so it might be completely wrong. are there any rumors in philly?
    The lack of d is disturbing
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg